1-2 hr window??

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by racn1320, Aug 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racn1320

racn1320 Member

I know there is a 1-2 hr window if your late,but does that apply on being early too?? Say I get called into work 1 hr early and she isnt due for 1 hr can i give her a shot 1 hr early without any problems or should i skip the shot?? thx everyone

2. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

Which insulin is your cat on?

3. racn1320

racn1320 Member

Lantus

4. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

5. Cat Ma

Cat Ma Well-Known Member

It would help if you can add to your signature line your cat's name, date of diagnosis, insulin, food feeding, and any other medical conditions if applicable so members can assist you faster :)

Just click on your profile/name, then click on signature, add the info and press save.

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Because Lantus is a depot insulin, shooting early does act like a dose increase. If you have to shoot one hour early, depending upon the pre shot test number, maybe you could give a slightly reduced dose that cycle. I don't think I'd advise shooting 2 hours early and then leaving the house, as that could really affect the depot and act like a dose increase. If you're only going to be gone in a couple of hours, I guess you could manage, as long as you would be home to test the rest of the day, but if not, I would advise against it.
    Do you have a spreadsheet set up?

Critter Mom and Cat Ma like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.