1/2 Meowzi AMPS 316, +2~254

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by WCF and Meowzi, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Now it looks like I may be wrong about her having bouncies from sharp drops. I truly expected to see a nicer AMPS given her nice gradual drop in yesterday's PM cycle. Unless she's bouncing from the cycle prior to that...

We gave normal amt of SQuids this morning, in spite of the pink AMPS, to see if it'll help her level out. I'll try to get some extra pokes in today. I'll also discuss with DH the suggestion to raise her to 1.0u. I'm at a loss. I feel that I'm letting her down by not getting to the bottom of this :(

Am thinking of running her in for a full physical and b/w if the cycles don't improve after we raise her dose. Wondering if there's an underlying health issue going on. She doesn't act it though; LB, appy and behaviour have been normal. She did have slight hypercalcemia (iCa barely out of range) a month ago, and we had a very modest reduction in her calcitriol dose then. I hope we didn't set off a whole new cascade of issues from that; it wasn't expected to, since her PTH had been "nicely controlled," in the words of Dr Nagode himself.

WCR: Bright, alert, purry. Noticed she seemed rather stiff last night, but she didn't want any heat on her hip, and she went on her LR steps after that, so it may be bothering me more than it's bothering her.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Bright alert and purry - good things

Sending positive thoughts for Meowzi!
    Have a good day WCF!

3. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 1/2 Meowzi +3~207

Ack. There's that sharp drop. 18% in the last one hour. *insert bad words* Not looking bad over three hours, though - she's averaging under 12% per hour in that time range. More promising than yesterday.

She's already in blue range on the back-up meter. Still purry.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Whatever is going on, she seems to not be noticing it....good to hear she is bright and purry!
    Hope you have a good day today....you are such a good Mama to be so aware of everything though...
    It's great that you and DH are so equally involved too... :D
    She's a lucky and pretty Meowzi! Nice Bloo at +3

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope the numbers are just a reflection of Meowzi wanting to keep you on your toes and wanting your undivided attention.

6. WCF and Meowzi

Re: 1/2 Meowzi Recap

Recap so far:
    AMPS ~ 316
    +2 ~ 254
    +3 ~ 207
    +4 ~172
    +5 ~ 181
    +7.25 ~ 157
    +8.25 ~ 178
    +9 ~ 180
    eta: +10 ~ 202

This is her typical curve - the one I expect to see - lasting through later in the cycle. Maybe she can finally level out *antijinxantijinxantijinx* I'm comfortable doing a dosecrease after she levels out.

Am now wondering if I made her bounces worse by raising her SQuids amount. Kicking myself for failing to realize that possibility. I told her I was very sorry I still haven't figured out what's going on, but I'll do my best to get her to a better range - she was very sweet, and purred through the entire conversation. Then we took a good long nap, me and her, on the floor, and she stole my blankie. :lol: Oops I mean *her* blankie - she owns every single blankie in the apt, but is kind enough to let use borrow them every now and then. I woke up cold, stiff and achey, but was all worth it b/c she was snuggled into my side :)

OT: Maddie's pool is closed for maintenance :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.