1/2 Quincy AMPS 115 dose question

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Quincy started off the new year with a little bit of vomit (clear liquid) before yesterday's AMPS shot, but hasn't vomited since (knock wood) and has a great appetite. I had cut out the digestive enzymes and fish oil in my effort to calm down his GI tract, and I think I want to try slowly reintroducing a little of both. Been feeding him a mixed of boiled chicken and Cowboy Cookout for about a week now (gross!)

Funny Cassandra mentioned a dose decrease last night because I wanted to ask today what Quincy's next dose would be. His evening cycles have been pretty low (good low), and last night I caught him at 49 for his +3. He came right back up with some LC food, so I'm not quite ready to reduce based on the 49, but I think he's getting close and maybe with a new Lantus cartridge (starting tomorrow), it might happen within the next week. What should his next dose be? With the last reduction I went from measuring a fat 0.50, at the bottom of the black 0.50 line, to either straight or skinny 0.50, which I measured at the top of the 0.50 line. I feel like reducing all the way to 0.25 would be too much, especially since many of his AMPS #s are still blue.

Thanks in advance for your input.

Yesterday

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

FWIW, I think you're right. When you went from a skinny 0.75 to 0.5u, the decrease didn't hold and you brought the dose up to a fat .5. If it were me, I'd probably go to a regular 0.5.

3. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Sienne (and others),

Sorry if my first post wasn't clear. I'm currently at a straight 0.50 dose with Quincy, and he may be "outgrowing" that. Some might consider it a skinny 0.50 instead because I've read in different places that a straight 0.50 is alternately the middle of the black 0.50 line or the top of that line. But either way, Quincy's current dose is measuring to the *top* of the 0.50 line and I don't know where we'd go from there!

Hope that helps. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.