1/2 Six's AMPS 293, +5.5 302, PMPS 328, +5 337

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning.

30 minutes late on the shot cause I overslept. I think his yellow is the only sunshine I'm gonna see for the day (cloudy and gloomy here).

Yesterday's thread

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=712

2. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/2 Six's AMPS 293

Good morning to you guys!
    I thinnk you are wrong about today and yellows; Shadoe is yellow too!

It's a yellow day today! Let's enjoy the sunshine!

Come on Six; let's see you and Shadoe stick with yellow and maybe visit some nice clear blues.

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

yikes! I just peeked at ur SS, ur SS starts with red and black - just like my home decor lol I like those colours better in my apartment thou. lol
    so glad Six is doing better now!

Let's see some blues today eh Six?

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Yes, like Ronnie, I peeked at the beautiful transition in your SS....
    improving beautifully!!! Maybe a peek at a blue today...huh? If not, it's still good....
    Six is moving along nicely! :D

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

You are doing so well!! Six is really coming along! Hope you see some blue today--Anything's possible in lantus land :mrgreen:
    Have a great Caturday!

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope you see more yellow numbers today! If you are considering whether an increase is in order, you might want to ask for advise and put that in your initial subject line.

Are you testing for ketones? I may have missed it, but I didn't see a note to that effect on Six's SS.

7. Amy and Six

Re: 1/2 Six's AMPS 293, +5.5 302, PMPS 328

I had to back off on testing this weekend because of low strip count. More arriving this week :) I feel confident only testing 4x a day (at this dose) because Mr. Six's middle name is STEADY FREDDY.

Anyone know where I might be able to buy Alpha Trak strips in a store? (U.S. locations) I just bought two boxes online, but it sure would be nice to be able to go to a store. I'm going to post this question in health too.

Sienne - not going to ask for testing advice yet...obviously, I'm thinking we are heading for a .25 increase, but I wanna wait until 1. I have plenty of strips 2. I can test more (so maybe the end of week). Considering where he's been, this isn't a problem to delay the increase, is it? If I would delay until Friday 1/8 it would mean he was at 1.25 for 10 days (assuming he stays steady this week). Again, a problem? Ketones...I have strips, haven't caught a sample yet. Hope to soon...the plan is tonight. Hope he cooperates.

One last question...when Six was on Humlin, his nadir was around +5. I am assuming different insulin=potentially different nadir. Correct assumption?

8. Tara and Nick

Tara and Nick Member

I use the AlphaTrak and haven't found strips at any pet supply store (either the big box stores like Petco or local independent shops). I wonder if an independent pet supply shop would order them, but then I guess that's really no different than just ordering online and might have more markup.

Edited to add: I've been getting them through entirelypets.com. They send a free shipping code with every order (I think, or at least they have so far), which helps a bit with the steep price tag.

9. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

From what I've heard they are only available thru a vet, but you could try the manufacturer directly.

10. Amy and Six

Nothing to see here folks. Just same ole pinks with occasional yellows in Six's world. We're beginning to see the beauty in being steady and dependable (for now). Six is tired of all the girls going for the "bad boys." He's hoping one will notice how steady and dependable he is (and yet, he still has room for growth). Any takers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.