1/20 Jubalee Vetty Visit & LAB RESULTS!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kadie (Juba's Mom), Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Kadie (Juba's Mom) Member

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

I haven't been on the FDMB super often, but yesterday I finally got up the courage to take both Jubalee and Butters (the civvie boy) to our Vet for Juba's chem panel, and to get a new prescription for Butter's inhaler meds (Butters is asthmatic.)

Good news!
    After what seemed like an eternity, and sort of overhearing our Vet discuss with another colleague outside our room about potential cancer and kidney failure (sadly, it was another patient :*( ) Our Vet came in with Juba's chem panel results. Everything looked wonderful, aside from her glucose!!
    Here's her lab results:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...tPeOB2_6Y-QwzbaOvnRxKvmko/edit#gid=1972676934

Her BUN has decreased from 46 to 19!!! And her Creatinine level has remained in the normal range (1.4 to 1.5)
    I am SO incredibly happy with such good news, because I was fearing the worse, since last chem panel showed her BUN increased...

Currently both fur kids are relaxing on this cloudy Saturday.

Jubalee decided to throw a 277 this morning, and I have increased her from 1.25 to 1.35, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything...I'm not sure if I should increase in a few cycles???

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  2. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Hi, that's awesome news! I'm pretty new to all of this and have a question of your dosing. I have syringes with only full unit marks, but have new ones coming with 1/2 marks. How do you do .25 and .35 increments? Eyeballing it? I don't understand how it's possible with how teeny the amount is! Thanks

Kadie (Juba's Mom) likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great to hear from you Kadie -- especially with good news about Juba!

It sounds like your vet ran the labs in house. For the future, Idexx now has a test, SDMA, that is an early predictor of kidney disease. It's a routine test now on their panels. You might ask your vet about it if you're concerned.

Kadie (Juba's Mom) likes this.
  4. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

I use a digital caliper to measure micro dosing! Jubalee can be a little sensitive to a full half unit dosing, so I usually bump her up a tiny amount to see if that will do the trick.
    I bought my digital caliper on Amazon!
    I highly recommend one if you need to measure micro dosing!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  5. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Yes, the labs were in house.
    Chris and China recommended I use the SDMA lab test to see how much Juba's kidneys are functioning, and I should do that for her next chem panel.
    I think there's a vet close to me that uses the IDEXX chem panel test.

Sienne and Gabby (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.