1/21 jebat amps 94 +20 min 99 +1 113 +2 95 +5 103 +9 165 pmps 121

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Waheeda, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Waheeda

Waheeda Well-Known Member

Help plse!

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Waheeda, I'd hold and test again in 20 minutes - with no food. See which way Jebat is headed...update your post when you have a new test.

3. Waheeda

Testing him in a minute. Can u wait plse?

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Have you fed, hopefully not.

give it 20min from when you tested and check again, let me look at the ss in the meantime.
    Do you have to leave?
    I'll check back on you

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Waheeda

@Sue and Luci @Gill & George
    Tested after 20 mins n he’s 94 n 99. Actually used 2 meters cos I dropped d first one. Was worried meter went bonkers. Hvnt fed him but he and 2 civvies yelling for food. What do I do?

6. Gill & George

He is still above 90, and looking flat, on SLGS you would normally shoot, you have shot as low as 113 before. So not too much difference there.

If you are able to test him again later in the morning, then if it was me I would shoot.
    I should warn you though that I cannot hang with you, as it's late for me (almost 11pm) and I have a hospital appointment tomorrow, which I have to get up early for.

If you have to go out an option would be to shoot, but feed him slightly higher carb LC now and for his snacks if you are worried about him dropping too far.

7. Waheeda

I can only test him at +2 and then I’m off to work. His nadir is usually at +6, more or less. Can I give him high LC after +2 test?

8. Gill & George

Sure give him his regular food, then see where he is at at +2 and take if from there. If he were too low for comfort you can give higher LC or MC or even HC to abort the cycle should you wish to do that. What carb you give will depend on your guys carb sensitivity.

Remember
    The depot from the larger dose is probably still in play as you only reduced last night.
    Remember that even if you skip or give a reduced dose the early part of the cycle will still likely turn out just the same, numbers only rising later in the cycle.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  9. Waheeda

So if number rise later in cycle when I’m not around, shouldn’t I reduce dose now by 0.25?

10. Gill & George

He still has YA to graze on as well?

11. Waheeda

Yes he has.

12. Gill & George

I would hold the dose. especially as you can get the +2, which allows you to take evasive action with food should you need to.

You only reduced the dose last night for the earned reduction, giving 0.25u less this morning and then going back to normal will cause the depot to get all wonky on you and result in wonky numbers making it hard to know where he is at.

As a general rule it is best for the cat to be consistent with the dosing.

Si am cat mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  13. Gill & George

That said you have to feel comfortable with your decision.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Waheeda

Alright I stay with same dose. Usually his +2 shows a slight food spike. I usually see a dip only at +4.

15. Gill & George

It's good that you know that.

If for some reason he were not to spike that could be him signalling that he will drop, so give him some higher carb LC, MC or even HC food if you are worried, making sure that he has his young again to access if he needs it.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Gill & George

Another thing you do not need to wait till +2 to get that test, in fact I would recommend you get a +1, so if he is going to do something stupid you can catch it and intervene earlier as it is usually more effective to intervene earlier.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  17. Waheeda

Thanks so much for helping me. If I’m too worried, I’ll come back at +6 to check on him. I see how he does at +2.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  18. Waheeda

Ok +1 it is. Usually he’s qte predictable and doesn’t do much at +1 but u can never tell. I definitely wasn’t expecting a Low pre-shot today after the reduction.

19. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Jebat surfs safely for you today.

Waheeda likes this.
  20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Keep in mind you've had pre-shot numbers of 106 and 112 and you've shot the full dose. There's not much difference between a 94 and 99 and those numbers. (There's about 20% variance in any test number due to measurement issues with a meter.) What that means is those low blues are pretty much the same number as the 94. You have been seeing lovely, flat cycles so keep doing what you've been doing@

21. Waheeda

I have to leave at +2.25. I will test him at +2. Do you think I should feed him high carbs? I feel safer if I do. And do we earn a reduction at next cycle? Cos looking at past trend, he should be going lower than 90 at +5-6.

22. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Look at all those greens :)

Hope Jebat leveled out for you today!

23. Waheeda

I
    I gave him high carbs before I left. So worried he goes low when I’m at work. But I still will go back at +5.5. All these greens scare me when I’m away. We earn a reduction rite? Cos for sure he go
    below 90 if I hadn’t intervened.

24. Si am cat mom

That's tough..considering you just had a reduction and he technically didn't earn one yet, I would hold. I try not to think about what number I might have/ probably got and dose based on the data I have, you know? I'd drive myself crazy If I tried to dose based on what my guy could have done while I was at work overnight.
    This is why you took those other two earned reductions...and some of that previous dose depot in still in play here. You want these nice greens- I know it's nerve wracking, but you can steer the numbers with food, use the data you have to keep Jebat safe and adjust as needed.
    If you want to, I might try and fill in some of the blanks in your SS. I know that once I saw enough data showing me not only +1 but also +9 or +10, I felt more confident in making decision because I had a better picture of where he was heading for the next few hours.
    Again, you two are really doing great.

Gill & George and Sonia & Leo like this.
  25. Waheeda

U fill in my SS? Or u mean I should test more to fill in the blanks? Usually he’s quite predictable but today he gave me some surprises. Looks like I need to test at +10 now.
    Usually he only shows a dip at +3-4 but today he dipped at +2. He chose the wrong day today when I’m bz in a meeting.
    I’ll stick with current dose then.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  26. Si am cat mom

Yes, maybe just randomly test... grab a +10 or +11 test. Most days , you have you mid cycle data filled in- which is important and has given you a great picture of what Jebat will do. Other days, there isn't a lot of data for the +9 though +11 numbers. Sometimes knowing where they are heading before there next test is due can help you with lower than usual PS numbers. Makoto will sometimes have a little dip +8/+9 but usually is coming up by +10 and higher at +11 , so I know when it is time to give his next shot that he is generally climbing an I have wiggle room before his onset. Also, if and when my +10 is lower than usual, I can start preparing for his AM dose and make adjustments as needed if I have to leave. Do I want to feed MC carb with his injection? Will I leave LC or MC food out for his +1 snack? Should I give a skinny dose? I am going to need to leave myself time to stall and hold off on feeding him to get a retest in 20 minutes...? Do I have plenty of time to post and get help if I need it ?
    In the past I have learned that I can become a bit paralyzed mentally when I feel caught of guard with his numbers and I just won't act- which lead to us skipping shots or giving token doses when we had some really good numbers. Since you guys are starting to get some steady numbers that are lower than they were - maybe more data could be helpful in the future. :D

27. Waheeda

Yes, sound advice. I was caught off guard this morning. But I know I don’t want to skip any shot. Getting +8 readings upwards is tough coz either I’m at work or sleeping. Maybe need to set up alarm once a while.

Si am cat mom likes this.
  28. Gill & George

Morning just thought I'd check on you whilst waiting for doc.

I agree with Ari, he hasn't earned a reduction this cycle, moreover the Depot of the 1.75 units is still in play here, and can be in play for upto 4cycles, which is why we often don't recommend taking back to back reductions.

With the way he is heading up now, I think it's quite possible that you managed to stall the cycle with the HC you have him.

Waheeda and Si am cat mom like this.
  29. Waheeda

Thank you for checking up on us. It was an eventful morning for sure.