1/22 Weezer AMPS 209, PMPS 258

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Linda for Weezer, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

All is well in Weezer World.

Prayers for any in need of healing, strength and comfort today.

Yesterday’s Condo

Recap of yesterday
    AMPS 288, +2 328, +5 264, +9 317
    PMPS 307, +1 306, +2 282, +3 223, +4 189, +5 177, +6 190, +9 127, +10 191

Following the advice of our wise ones, and the guidance of Sandy with Black Kitty (to be counted among the wise ones for sure!), I used .25 u of R last night, along with Weezer’s regular 14 u of Lantus. The night was an interesting one to say the least. I thought the excitement was over at +6 when it looked like she was rising, so I called it a night. But at +9 I awoke with too much curiosity to turn over and go back to sleep, so I asked Weezer for just one more drop of blood. Wow! 127!! :shock: I convinced her that she must be hungry and she ate .7 ounces of her usual very low carb food. I didn’t know if she was still dropping, but I knew I was. Since she had some food on board I went btb for an hour. Whether it was the food, or she was rising in the cycle, at +10 She was at 191, so I got another couple of hours sleep. I must confess I am a real sleep wimp. This morning I have joined the ranks of LL zombies. This morning's 209 is one of the lowest I've shot. It took a while to get Weezer to eat, but she finally ate enough to make it safe to shoot. Needless to say, there was no R for Weezer this morning. :D

ETA On a do over I would give her a bit less food when presented with a 127. I hope in the do over I'm actually awake. :lol:

A huge thank you to all who cheered us on, kept us company and especially those who shared their knowledge to guide us on this new path.

Wishing a kitty day for all, plenty of purrs, play, sunny spots and lots of love.

2. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209

Good Morning :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Well well, her Royal Highness was surfing blue for quite some time ! Very nice! :D

So the question now is, when will we see the bounce?

I will be out today - probably until 3pm-ish eastern. If, between now and +6 you catch a number 275 or higher, give a shot of R according to your scale.
    You can't prevent the bounce, however you can spare Weezers body having to experience the high numbers.
    Along with sparing her organs from damage, the liver will be getting trained - if you can manage to keep BGs in a healthy range, the liver will eventually simmer down.

Regarding food/feeding, does she normally eat during the night?

BTW - thanks for changing your ss - easier on my brain :D

3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Linda, what an exciting night for you and Weezer and look at that AMPS! It's so close to blue. Welcome to the LL zombies. :lol: Hope you can get some rest today or drink a lot of :coffee: Have a nice sunday.

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Wow! Way to go Weezer! You too Linda! :D
    Liz

5. Linda for Weezer

Weezer free feeds. She hasn't been eating much at night lately, but Mr. Auto Feeder gives her the option.

I just tested at +2 and she is at 301, so I gave her .25 R. I guess I won't get btb after all.

6. Sandy and Black Kitty

You can probably grab nap, she is likely going to go up from here before coming down.

Glad to hear you are using an auto feeder for overnights - I could not have survived without one.
    Do you use one during the day as well? Does her Majesty have a regular feeding schedule?

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning - :shock: what a night for you, and a well managed one. Good luck with the R, that is so out of my knowledge range. You are getting great help there - I hope that it helps Weezer. It is nice to see those blues and yellows - love that part. :D

Have a great day. Weezer, you surf well.

8. Linda for Weezer

I feed her at shot times and the auto feeder keeps food available pretty much around the clock. We do take it away 2 hours before each shot. She has recently been eating considerably less. She's eating maybe 6-8 oz. a day now as opposed to 9-12.

9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wow, wow, wow!!! What beautiful work!!! I hope you can catch a few ZZZzzzs today - you earned it!

10. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with R, but it seems to be working for Weezer. I'm glad!!! It's really nice to see those PS #s coming down a bit, and seeing even nicer mid cycle #s, too. You're doing a terrific job, Linda! Hang in there, hon! :) *HUGS* :RAHCAT

11. Sandy and Black Kitty

How much does she weigh?

BK is 11.? (I can't remember exactly how much over) pounds. The weight looks perfect for him - trim an fit.
    He eats 6oz per 24 hrs, plus 2 good chunks of kitty crack (from the auto feeder at +10s) and also additional kitty crack, which he demands every time I walk past his fridge.

ETA - attention visitors and lurkers!
    Weezer, like Black Kitty, has a diagnosed condition that requires a very different approach to BG control.
    R use requires guidance and close monitoring. It should not be used unless your cat has been diagnosed with a condition that calls for a more aggressive approach than the standard Lantus protocols.

12. Linda for Weezer

Her Wii weight this morning was 13.7 lbs.

13. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Look at Weezer GO!!!! Great catch last night on the 127--WE all have like a cat bg numbers Radar--right??
    We sense that they are going up or down! You did a great job! and a 209 is nice amps for Her :mrgreen:
    Guess that R helped her a lot! It's all Good--Have a great Sunday--Hugs & Love from us!

14. Linda for Weezer

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209,+2 301, +3 308

I should amend my statement about how much she is eating. The 6-8 oz. a day is official cat food. She gets a lot of freeze dried chicken (especially last night :lol: ) and she always manages to snag a piece of turkey or beef when someone gets a sandwich.

15. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

Surely that's not MY WeeWeezer handin' Mama those numbers - MY Weezer dresses in pink and yellow! WOWOW!!!

Lots of extra thoughts and prayers whenever I think about it as you walk this path! I'm on the sidelines cheering too!!!!

I can SO identify with the 'sleep wimp' - I'm terrible trying to wake up and immediately function.

16. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

good luck with R :mrgreen: I am trying to use it a bit more for Do Lou and what a nice blue surf she gave you hope the bounce is a short one cat_pet_icon :YMHUG:

17. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209,+2 301,+3 308,+4 315

it must've woken you up to see weezer with a 127! way to go little girl!

hope you can squeeze in some snoozing today, linda. i'm sure you must be tired. you and sandy did great last night!

18. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209,+2 301,+3 308,+4 315

what a great response last night! And I like how the R is helping hold her bounce flat. If she starts to rise after +6, you can give a little more R to try to keep her from shooting up before PMPS. Play it by ear - if it looks like the bounce is starting to clear already, then you won't want to give R, or maybe give even less than 0.25.

19. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209,+2 301,+3 308,+4 315,+5 296

What a great PM cycle for Weezer. Congrats on using R to get the numbers into a better place.

20. Linda for Weezer

Re: 1/22 Weezer AMPS 209,+2 301,308,315,296,310,+7 295

Sorry I didn't get back. I've been sleep testing. Do you mean +6 of the Lantus cycle, or 6 hours after the R? It looks like she is steady so far. I've been really pleased with the results of this trial.

21. Libby and Lucy

I'm very happy with the results too. :mrgreen:

If you're up for it, this would be a good time to give another dose of R. My thought about using R in the 2nd half of the cycle is that normally she would be rising from now until after her next shot. If you use a touch of R, she might be able to stay pretty flat and give the next cycle a better place to start from.

Weezer is not a cat who normally rises a whole lot after nadir, so I don't think you want to give any more than 0.25u of R at this point. If Sandy says something different then go with her because she has more experience than I do.

22. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

When it comes to giving R, you need to know BOTH nadirs. If you have a cat with a late Lantus nadir, you don't want to be giving R late in the cycle.

Just because the numbers are rising after about 4 or 5hrs since the R shot, it's just the R wearing off and the Lantus is yet to kick in. You want to be very careful about giving more R around +6, having the BG come down from the 2nd R shot, and then keep going down with the Lantus nadir kicking in.

Looking at Weezer's ss, you can see some later nadir so careful on the late R shots.

23. Linda for Weezer

OK. Can I give it at 3:30 (Lantus +8)? It will be easier for me to keep track of where we are in both cycles (Lantus and R) that way.

24. Libby and Lucy

Gayle, we're trying to get Weezer under renal threshhold and keep her there. What is your suggestion?

Her history shows that she will probably bounce for at least 2 more cycles unless we can intervene to keep her from going there. We're open to all idea that will bring her down to a safer range.

25. Libby and Lucy

That sounds good to me. Just test first to see where she is (of course you already knew to do that!).

26. Linda for Weezer

I do have a certain amount of concern about managing the overlapping cycles of Lantus and R. I have never been able to see a clear curve for Weezer. The onset and nadir seem to occur just whenever. I would be very interested if someone could talk me through her SS and show me her typical curve. It must be there, I just can’t see it and it is making it very difficult for me to know how to plan this. How about if I shoot a drop of R now, instead of .25?

27. Linda for Weezer

Sorry, we were cross posting.

28. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

When I first looked at her ss, it looked like before R, Weezer was having a bit of a later nadir.... 1/17 and 1/19. ... so if you are giving another bit of R at +6, the nadirs may clash and you end up with Weezer lower than you wanted.

What about trying to increase the dose after 4 cycles, to be more aggressive.... by waiting for 6 cycles and forcing with R, you may just be letting the R get a grip. It's fine to be harder with just IAA, but you always have to keep the acro in mind, and your cutoff should be 100... under 100 and you put the can of HC on the counter.
    The 100s are the acro green zone numbers; the 200s are the acro blue zone numbers.

If you want to get a nice smooth under 250-ish curve, why not try the lantus way and keep the R on the shelf for the out of range numbers. I would not give R to Shadoe if she was at a ps of 307; she drops worse than Weezer, so maybe try less than the .25uR and see if it's not as drastic. Linda can practice with a used syringe to get the drop method down pat. Learn how to squeeze out a drop or two. Just see how many drops you can get from a .5u with water, then give less than .25 when needed.

Increases after 10u should be .5u r even 1u; increases of .25u are to be left for tweaking if you are almost where you need to be. Today's curve was decent, and looks like a later nadir again, not any bouncing. It's been 5cycles at 14u, so instead of using R to yank the curve lower, why not try a dose of 14.5u tonite.

Acros have very flexible rules because acros are like standing on water, not dry land. There is nothing to stop you from shooting 14.5u tonite and see if it gives a bit of a kick to ease the curve a bit lower instead of yanking it.

You don't want to aim below 100 because of the acro, but you still need to be aggressive to hurt the IAA.
    Hold doses for 4cycles only then up by .5u or even 1u.... when you are at 14u for your dose, think of the percentages on increases.... a .5u increase is a drop in the bucket and nowhere near as dangerous as going from 1u up to 1.5u.

As for bouncing, some acros don't bounce, but with forces of the R, you could see a bit of a bounce.... because R causes a premature, unnatural drop.

You can lead or drag a horse to water but you can't make him drink.... same goes for a cat.... force him to numbers you like but if his body is not 'right' with it, he/she's going to bounce up to what feels 'right'.

Also, you could try a switch over to Levemir which is more gentle. I did find that Shadoe is much better, less tense and jumpy after I switched her to Levemir from Lantus, but Oliver could care less. Higher doses of Lantus do sting, according to human diabetics.

29. Linda for Weezer

More cross posting and I’ve got to say my head is spinning. :? As I said before Gayle posted about clashing nadirs, I am concerned about overlapping cycles of the Lantus and R. I really need to understand her Lantus curve better. While trying to puzzle all of this out this afternoon, I haven’t yet shot any R. I don’t know if it is too late to do so today. I think I will hold on it and hope someone can help me understand Weezer’s curve so I can make better informed decisions.

30. Libby and Lucy

about Weezer's curve, it's understandable that you can't see it reliably yet. Most Lantus cats don't show a whole lot of "curve" to their curves until they are at a good dose. Until then they can just show a whole lot of flatness. Weezer is pretty flat. From her spreadsheet, I would say that she is currently bouncing even from 200s. Her bounces are sometimes delayed by a cycle or two so they don't look like most cats' bounces, but you'll see that most of the reds and high pinks are preceded by a blue or a lower yellow. The cycles when she isn't flat are usually when she is either bouncing or clearing a bounce.

Gayle has some good points about coinciding nadirs. That is something to avoid. You also need to be careful about giving R at times when it could coincide with a bounce clearing. It does look like Weezer is trying to have a nadir in typical cycles somewhere between +6 and +8. However, I also would not expect today to be a typical cycle. She headed up after AMPS and has been surfing flat at 300 thanks to the R. I would not expect Weezer to have a nadir in this cycle.

More later, foster kitty has decided it's lap time and I want to get this posted before she does her usual "sit on the keyboard and delete everything" move. LOL!

31. julie & punkin (ga)

i don't want to sidetrack weezer's condo - but gayle, can you show me an example of an acro cat who didn't come up from low numbers by giving high carbs? you can talk on punkin's condo if you want.

32. Libby and Lucy

ps - Linda, can you mark the 0.25u of R on today's SS? You can put it in the column where you gave it.

33. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Nothing constructive to add just that you are doing an amazing job! What a lucky kitty to have you on her side.

34. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

I also have nothing to add to the discussion, just wanted to cheer you on Linda! Great job this weekend and you were rewarded with some blues!!! :RAHCAT :RAHCAT :RAHCAT

Hope you got some rest today - great job on your first PJ party with Weezer :lol: :lol:

35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I second Ann's and Melissa's comments! Brava!!

Ella

36. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Julie,yup. Oliver is a perfect example of high carb doing just about nothing for him. he goes low and if that's where he wants to be, that's where he stays.

One time I gave him 3 full 5.5oz cans of friskies HC and he did nothing. June5/10 and the following few weeks when his IAA was breaking, I had a tough time getting his numbers to rise.

This Christmas eve morn, Oliver tested at 44. I spent the next 24hrs feeding him nothing but HC .... at +13, he was still at 83 and I skipped and kept feeding him HC. By +26.5 he was up to 120.

I have experienced first hand an acro that does not respond to HC if that's the way he's rolling. Acros are different and do what they please.

It matters not to me where I discuss acro matters. Since my info relates to concerns for Weezer going too low, I'll post here.

37. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I'm so sorry I missed that wonderful cycle last night....the one night I go out and look at Miss Weezie!!!!! Whooo-hooo!! Great job, Linda!!!

38. Linda for Weezer

My brain exploded. I scraped up what was retrievable from the ceiling and walls and stuffed it back in my skull. So now I’m back.

First there is FD. We are all trying to manage it as well as we can with what we know about diet, the action of insulin, factoring in things like reactions to infections or other meds, etc. But there isn’t a day that goes by that someone, and I don’t mean just newbies, make a comment to the effect of “I don’t know what happened there!” It is the unknown unknowns that will get you, and I’m sure there are plenty of those with FD.

Then there is IAA with all those nasty little antibodies stealing that expensive insulin. We need to get to a dose where those pests are laid to rest. So I just won’t retire like I planned. No biggie.

Then there is acro, with the pulsate tumor putting out growth hormone, ratching up the need for insulin. So is the tumor either “on or off” or does it put out GH at different levels at different times?

When her numbers are unexpectedly high is the tumor putting out more at that time, or is it the IAA, or one of the known or unknown factors of FD? Can you see why my brain exploded? Now I’m trying to add in another factor that can be a great tool or bite us big time. Anyway, the second dose today didn’t happen.

Libby, I color coded the days on Weezer’s spreadsheet where R was given, and added a large red note in the note column telling when and how much. If I add it to one of the hour cells it will throw off the averaging ability and I have found that information very valuable. I hope this will work for you.

39. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

Yay Weezer & Linda! That is very exciting and only happens in a sleep fog.

40. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gayle --

Unfortunately, no one can see either Oliver or Shadow's SSs. It makes it very hard to follow your discussion or to have an understanding of the context without having a SS to view. The last time anyone here had access to your cats' SSs, Oliver was on a dose of Lev that was substantially larger than what Weezer is getting -- probably close to double of Weezer's dose -- thus making his shed as big as Lake Michigan. Likewise, if memory serves, Oliver was not know to have a petite appetite. Between his shed and food consumption, I'm not surprised it would take a good amount of work to get his numbers up.

I also think you made the point that Sandy and Libby were making yesterday. If you keep increasing Lantus dose, the shed keeps growing and when the IAA breaks it's like trying to empty Lake Michigan with a thimble. If you are using the R strategically, you can back off of the short acting insulin which means you don't really have to worry all that much about shoveling in a case of HC food.

41. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Put aside the FD because that's confusing the issue. Most of the cats here have faulty pancreas and can't function well enough so they help out their pancreas by giving the insulin the pancreas needs to perform its roles.
    Acros have perfectly functional pancreas.

Think of a faucet for the acro. Turn it on full blast and you need lots of insulin; turn it to a trickle and you need very little insulin.
    Think of a Pacman for the IAA. Another can of beans altogether.

I will use Oliver as my example; he is/was acro/IAA.

At one point, I had worked up to 21u Levemir and 7uR. Sometimes R was given 2 to 4 times a day. I looked on it as attacking the 2 issues at the same time. On 6/4/10,am and pm, he got 21uLev and 7uR. The next morn, on 6/5/10, he was higher at amps than the previous day, so I stayed with the same dosing... 21u and 7u. By +4, he had dropped to 67 and no amount of HC would bring him up... he coasted green then blue for a few cycles.
    The last big dose of R was amps on June5/10. I believe we broke the IAA at that point and he became just acro.

Sure his dose dropped for a bit and he seemed quite unsettled for several days, but that resistance never returned.
    Over time, his dose has been as high as 37u BID and as low as nothing. He's just acro now is my guess.

So, yes, you are dealing with TWO issues/conditions, but acro ALWAYS trumps IAA. It's for that reason I suggest to be careful and know your nadirs. Sure you can yank the numbers down lower, like pulling on a dog's leash, but if his little feet aren't ready for the pace, it's not natural and when you stop yanking, he's going to go back to the pace he knows. Better to get him to speed up a little bit each day than force it.

That's why I'd say to try to up the Lantus, and increase every 4cycles, so that you can keep ahead of the IAA and get up to a dose that fits Weezer more comfortably.

42. julie & punkin (ga)

linda, i apologize for bringing up the issue here. i was hoping to have the conversation elsewhere so you wouldn't be burdened even more. i absolutely understand how overwhelming it is. you're doing an awesome job of juggling all those balls.

sending you many hugs!! weezer is doing fine and you are doing awesome. i think you know weezer best - randa just reminded me to look at the whole cat. looking at the whole cat, weezer is one happy little girl.

let's leave FD for a while and go bowling or out for a walk!!! better yet, how about a glass of wine in front of my fireplace? can you make it over tonight? i'm game!

43. Linda for Weezer

That's what DH told me, so I took a walk. But guess what I was thinking about on that walk? That's when my brain exploded. So now, glass in hand (make mine a double), I'm headed to my spa tub. I will get out only when I am totally pruned. Then the tub purge cycle will come on and Weezer will kill String. Oh yes, all will be well in Weezer World. ;-)

I'll be back for PMPS.

44. Libby and Lucy

Trying to get back on the subject of Weezer here (and by the way, Weezer came up just fine with low carb last night, and she's the one we're talking about here)...

Right, this is what we're trying to avoid by keeping Weezer's Lantus dose a little on the low side, and supplementing with R instead. That way when her IAA does break, she won't have such a huge Lantus shed to contend with. It's easy to stop giving R when you don't need it anymore, but it's a heck of a lot harder to let the Lantus shed drain when it keeps wanting to drop the cat lower.
    ??? to me, a 40 point rise in an hour is a pretty good rise from HC, for any cat. There's really no reason to send the numbers soaring, just to get them out of the 40s. Probably the reason he held onto the numbers for 24 hours is the shed. I know even with Jazzy's 14u shed, I could skip shots and she would still have pretty much the same kind of cycle she would have had with insulin on board. I don't think that is a reflection of HC not working, it is just the way Lantus and Levemir work in cats.
    Gayle and I are never going to agree on this, but I have to present my logic too. ;-) It does not seem logical to me that an acro NEEDS to stay over 100 at all times. Just like our other cats, our job is to protect their bodies from further damage. Just like our other diabetic cats, they have a functioning pancreas. But just like our other diabetic cats, the more time a cat spends in high numbers, the more beta cells are damaged. Weezer has been high for several months, and Linda has expressed concern for her organs. We have a tool that can help her safely pull the numbers down to protect Weezer's organs. Seems like a good idea to me.

I also have an extreme respect for the Lantus shed, especially at higher doses. As I said earlier, IMHO it is safer to work up to a good dose methodically, but cover the highs with some (shedless) R, than to move too fast and risk being way over dose when the IAA or acro change. That's not to say Linda won't keep increasing the Lantus dose as appropriate, but I don't think spending an extra day or two is going to cause harm in the long run. That is especially true because she is taking this time to LEARN how to use R to help Weezer. I always think learning new things is admirable. :smile:

PS: letting acros run green does work:
    Porscha
    Buckwheat
    Chika
    Boo
    Milo
    Tommy
    Gus

45. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just noticed this one....

if you give R at +8 and the R nadir is +3, that puts an artificially low BG at the Lantus +11 .... I know it's confusing, but R at +8 will give you a lower pmps than is true.
    think of it like no food from +10 to your shot. if you feed, then your ps BG will be higher than true.

46. Sandy and Black Kitty

Well then, now that that is all sorted out. . .

Hi there Linda :coffee:

My apologies - I have been trying to get on the board for HOURS. . . I'm blaming the Ravens game. :-x

I see that Weezer has been nice and steady today. Good job!

Any numbers since the +7?

Do you have any questions for me?

47. Linda for Weezer

Here’s a review of the day:

AMPS 209 shot 14u
    +2 301 shot .25 R
    +3 308 (+1 for R)
    +4 315 (+2 for R)
    +5 296 (+3 for R)
    +6 310 (+4 for R)
    +7 295 (+5 for R)
    +8 293 (+6 for R)
    PMPS 258 ! shot 14 u (also is +9 for the R shot earlier)

That R evidently kept her bounce a flat high yellow/low pink all day. In the R test last night the nadir seemed to be at +9 (I didn’t test between +6 & +9) and it appears that the R +9 was the nadir again today. Of course, I once again didn’t test between the +6 for R and the +9. ohmygod_smile I would like to know what happened during those hours. Since she’s at 258 at PMPS I’m not shooting any R. Considering the limited amount of data gathered so far, on how she uses R, I’m not comfortable at this point shooting R under 300. Thoughts?

48. Sandy and Black Kitty

Nice work Today! Beautiful PMPS.
    Definitely not R worthy - good call, at this stage of the game.
    If 300 is your comfort zone, then set your lower limit there. It will be good data to collect.
    It will either work or it won't.

So a lot was learned these last 2 cycles -
    You have 1 example of using a TOR on a PM cycle at PS time,at these particular Lantus and R doses.
    And you have 1 example of using a TOR to head off a trip to the 4th, or higher floor.

I'm glad that you let it ride, so to speak, after the 0.25u at +2; good to see if/how todays AM TOR affects the overnight cycle.
    I think an AMPS TOR at the current Lantus dose , next time the numbers call for it , would be good for you to get under your belt next.
    Then evaluate and take it from there.

With IAA, insulins act in a more longer lasting way than in a non IAA cat. It's all quite fluid -
    The antibodies don't live forever and as they die they release any insulin that was bound to them; both Lantus and R.
    That insulin may or may not carry it's original punch, but it's added insulin action all the same.
    This can make trying to spot a nadir difficult. I never could with BK.

BK,, by the way was a late bouncer too - check out the 71 he had on 11/24/2008/AM. He didn't hit the 4th fl until 2 days later.
    I think the slow release was at work there.

As time goes on you get a feel for a rhythm and flow and as a result a better instinct of when to use R and how much to use' to keep her in a healthy, healing zone.
    Let the numbers be your guide.

49. Sandy and Black Kitty

Housekeeping note - please modify your R dose note on the ss to
    .25 R given at AM+2
    ;-)

50. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

wow, what a day!
    linda, after reading all this i certainly hope you're able to step back, take a breath, and have a relaxing evening.

51. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Just sending you extra big HUGS!!!! You and Weezer did GREAT today.

52. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Go Weezer Go Linda what an incredible day you have had!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.