1/23 Maggie AMPS=132, +3=102, +5=94, +7=114, PMPS=133, +2=78, +4=99, +6=105

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alicia & Maggie (GA), Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Maggie. I hope her poo gets to be normal soon. Nice start today. I hope she slides down to the lagoon.

Alicia & Maggie (GA) likes this.
  3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Are you getting it compounded or the shots?

4. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope Maggie has a few greens in store today. How is her asthma this morning?

5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Poo pellets, hope she's not thinking of becoming the Easter bunny?? Here's to a blue to green day for Maggie.

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Just the 16mg tabs for now. I'll use your tip about freezing the tabs before cutting. I got a quote from Diamondback and for 50 2mg compounded tabs it was $146! They didn't offer a compounded solution. I know Stacy got a vial for Asia, so I'll be following that with interest.
    She's good this morning, thanks!
    Maybe... You're right that they look like little chocolate eggs, but they sure don't smell like chocolate! :eek:

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I am going to contact BCP this morning. I'll let you know.

8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Vial hasn’t come in yet, but will let you know how much it was and how long it should last. I noticed a rather significant difference in how quickly the injection works vs the liquid. And with the pills/liquids, I’m sure things are complicated further on when they start working depending on what is in their stomach at the time.

I had to get 1cc/mL syringes with bigger needles to give the cerenia because a) u100 syringes won’t hold the amount of liquid needed for one shot (it’s more) and b) Dr L said the insulin needles are so fine, they may not puncture the vial without bending. My tiny apartment is starting to look like a sometimes vet clinic! :confused: At least it doesn’t smell like one!

Good news is the vials are good to the last drop, so it’s cost effective in that way. It can sting but vet tech said although it doesn’t need to be refrigerated, keeping it cold makes it sting less. I can also give it in the bubble of fluids for Asia, but that makes it take longer to absorb, and cerenia shot time right now is in between fluid times anyway.

Now I need to figure out to poo situation as well. Meh. Wishing good appetites, no nausea, and better poops for both of our little old lady cats! :bighug:

9. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Ditto! :bighug: :)

Stacy & Asia likes this.
  10. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I hope Maggie sees some green today!
    Our 16 mg cerenia tablets come scored. Are you trying to break them into quarters?
    Have you tried pumpkin or clearlax to help with her poo situation?

11. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Not sure what the dosage will be on the cerenia, but probably 2-4mg. She gets pumpkin now, not sure what clearlax is. She gets miralax now. Also egg yolk.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sorry...the clearlax is a canadian version of the miralax

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You are smart to consider that IBD could be an issue. IBD doesn’t always mean diarrhea. In fact, Gracie had perfect poos except once when I gave her a food that had too much gum in it.

However, you would at least need an ultrasound to show thickened intestines and that is still not totally conclusive. I don’t think you want to put her through an endoscopy.

14. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

No, I wouldn't do an endoscopy, but she may need an ultrasound, as you suggested, if her ALT isn't decreased. Retesting either Friday or Monday. Thanks for checking on us!

15. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Keep visiting those greens, Maggie! (And it would be okay to stay there longer!)

16. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

You’re welcome. I might be totally off but I feel certain it was the endoscopy that caused Gracie’s decline :arghh::arghh::arghh: I know many have had them with no issue but Gracie was only 9 and Maggie is 18. I can see why it would be an absolute no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.