1/23 Rusty AMPS 255, +5.5 117, +9.5 213, PMPS 272, +5 111

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Hi Everyone,

Rusty is doing well today. He ate all of his nighttime food, all of his breakfast, and just polished off half of his lunch (he usually eats it over the course of the afternoon). His breathing is good, and his eye is just a little weepy. I called the vet and told them how he was doing and they said there is no reason to bring him in today. The transdermal pred came in today, so I will pick that up this afternoon, when I go shopping.

All for now. Gotta get going. It is 40 degrees and the snow is a mess! Glad we got out on our snowshoe hike yesterday.

bbl

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Very nice! I wonder if the depo shot really is working, and that nasty URI or whatever it was made it look like it had worn off? In any event, I am liking these Rusty reports.

It's 58 degrees here (and has been in the mid-50s for 4 days now)!!! It was torrential this morning, but now the sun is out. C'mon, spring!!!

3. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Very good Rusty report today! YAY for good appy and good breathing!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Woohoo! Love the Rusty report, especially the appy. :cool:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great update for Rusty! :):):)

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi again, I don't know where the string of yellows came from, but I think I will take Rusty's dose back up to a full 0.25U tomorrow morning. I picked up the transdermal pred and the vet said not to give it unless he has a relapse.
    He had a good afternoon and finished his lunch/snack just before PMPS (I know, but we do not follow the 2-hour rule!). He's sleeping in his basket at the moment, but I will be going downstairs to hold his dinner bowl soon.

Awful rainy weather today and so warm. And now the temperature is dropping and all will turn to ice. Tomorrow night is supposed to be below zero again. That will be good for cutting the ice blocks for the ice palace (Ice Carnival begins at the end of next week). Work was supposed to have begun over a week ago, but the ice on the lake was too thin for the volunteers to work.
    This is an interesting theory, Amy. It sounds plausible, especially considering today's bg numbers.

8. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Flash freeze accompanied by intense sideways snow coming your way. It was most unpleasant.
    The ice back of ours is not safe at all.
    Glad you have the transdermal patch if need be.

9. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

So glad to see Rusty is feeling better, and eating well. Such happy news :cat:

10. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I love hearing that he’s doing better, keep it up, Rusty! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.