? 1/23 Silver AMPS 248 PMPS 139 +4=187 why higher at +4 last three days?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

When I started to respond this thread wasn't up and running, and you hadn't got the amps.

here is what I said

Let's just see what number he is at.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he is quite high.

Because of your personal circumstances, a skip is the safest course of action if he were green/low blue(not that I like skipping), but as silver can't have food left out and with the limited data on how he reacts to a low PS it certainly would be safest.

Looks to me that his PMPS last night was him on the rise, I wouldn't be surprised if he went a fair bit lower somewhere in that am cycle yesterday. It looks like he bounced of those blues on Jan 21 and cleared the bounce yesterday Jan 22 in the am cycle. So it appears that he is clearing his bounces quite quickly.

Even if he is high this morning I wouldn't be surprised if by this evening you would be looking at lower numbers.

Juliet likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's not bad for a bounce. I hope Silver comes back down slowly today.

A skip will mess with the depot, but sometimes it is necessary. It's better to have the depot messed up than to have Silver go too low when you're not at home. You can always get back on track. I'm glad you don't have to skip this morning.

Juliet likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I am concerned that nothing has really changed with his numbers as the change of meter is what has lowered the numbers so I am worried about accuracy. Glad he is clearing bounces faster though. On the Accu-check he was 329 this am and I know I need to stop doing that - but its hard not to compare. Worst case scenario I could put more food out as I am walking out the door - I feed him at 6 and leave at 6:30 - but he would scarf it down right away and/or the other civvie would.

5. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Me too. I hate skipping too as I feel like I am starting over with a depleted depot. Thankfully so far his lows have been in the evening cycles.

6. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Silver's depot and the bouncing settle soon.

Juliet likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Not a bad bounce after his first green pre shot number. Lots of kitties would be in the pinks.

Juliet likes this.
  8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

That’s where I get confused as he WAS in the pinks on his usual meter I just switched. But it was also blue on usual meter last night.

9. Bobbie And Bubba

As you see, he is coming down. You will make yourself crazy using two meters. Decide on which one you will use and only use that one and follow the protocol other wise you will be second guessing everything.

Juliet likes this.
  10. Gill & George

Are you using the freestyle strips with the freestyle meter?

I used the freestyle meter for a while, and though it is true that it measures lower, the biggest difference is at high numbers. In green I found that when I swapped back to my usual meter (a decision based on cost, the strips for the freestyle here in spain were over a dollar a strip), I got a reading of 63 on the freestyle and 79 on my other meter.

Not disimilar to you, if you look at George's ss Decemer 3rd 2015pm cycle is when I swapped over, (I was about to do pmps when George flicked his meter into the fountain, I shot blind, he had been in high flat reds up to that point) we went from red to pink when we swapped and suddenly started seeing pinks and yellows. We were of course a little suspicious at first, seemed like too much of a coincidence, my order was delayed for a new meter so I continued to use it until January 8th.

By the time my new meter arrived we had started seeing lots of greens and blues, and you can see that on swapping back to the original meter it didn't make much of a difference to the numbers.

Does the Accucheck use a larger blood sample?

11. Gill & George

I agree Bobbie, you know how I was/am about testing, I would have driven myself nuts, my solution, only have one brand of strips in the house, I wouldn't have been able to help myself otherwise.:oops::rolleyes:

12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I switched because DCIN gave me a FSL and strips but I wanted to wait til accucheck strips were done. I saved back a few accucheck strips in case I saw a really low number and was too chicken to shoot. The accucheck higher reading night help me decide. Take last night for instance. 5.3 on freestyle and 9.4 on accucheck (sorry - at work so can’t see ss to give US numbers). I think that’s a big difference even in small numbers. Green and blue.

13. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

There is also a big difference for those of us that started using an Alphatrak and then switched to any human meter. It will drive you nuts. Any meter that isn’t defective is going to show you the trends and hopefully at the lower range they run a bit closer. I enjoyed my gift of switching meters, sure I knew in the back of my mind where about the number would be on the other meter, but over time, that has stopped being a constant thought. I know it’s different from your situation, but I am assured when I get bloodwork done and my numbers on a human meter are still within range of the lab. Additionally, if you are concerned with accuracy regarding renal threshold, you can do some experiments with checking urine for glucose to give you that peace of mind.

Nice to see some good stuff peeking through the clouds. I’m glad Silver is starting to get on track. :cat:

14. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

After I switched from the AT meter to my Freestyle Lite what helped me cope was to completely block the "what if's" from my mind and focus ONLY on the FS numbers. Over time I've learned those trends and I don't worry about what another meter reading might be. There's enough stress in treating FD already and I wanted to eliminate that one at least. :)

15. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks guys. I will try hard to ignore them”what if’s”. Sticking to the FS now.

16. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice stuff going on there. Sorry I haven't been around lately, busy at work. High fives Juliet!

Juliet likes this.
  17. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Is this him out of the bounce then? Not as low as last night - I was hoping for a repeat green as I am home this evening to monitor.

18. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like he cleared the bounce today. I'd start with a +1 and a +2. That should tell you if he went lower today and is going to bounce again or he'll surf tonight.

Juliet likes this.
  19. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Actually I don’t do that much testing. I know he is safe. I will get a bedtime test as usual which is generally +4. I don’t see a need for hourly testing. He always food spikes too so no worries about him dropping too low in the first couple hrs.

20. Bobbie And Bubba

I agree, no need to hourly test but, when they start giving you lower numbers than previously, the +2 is a beautiful one to get. Why? Because it tells you if the cycle is going to be active or not if you get the same number or lower than the pre-shot, it's a heads up and you will know to see him through his nadir. I only do a +2 now if I know that I have to leave the house and then I might leave an extra snack for him. Also, if it's looking like the cycle could be active, you can intervene with a tsp or so of LC food to just slow it down some to help prevent a fast low drop which would result in more bouncing.

LuanneP likes this.
  21. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Ok. If I get a green pmps I’ll make sure to get a +2. I can do that all evenings except Thursdays as I have to go out and not back til the +3.

Unfortunately I can never see him through to nadir on weekdays. I have to be in bed by the +4 at the latest.

I’ve never seen him have the same at +2 as preshot on the curves I get. His food seems to spike him high and take the rest of the curve to come back down again. He’s on LC too.

LuanneP likes this.
  22. Bobbie And Bubba

Once they get used to be in better numbers and their curves flatten out, you will see it happen. A +4 in the evening is great as usually onset has occurred by then and you can get a feel for how the cycle could go. If he starts to get too low, you can steer him with some food. It will all start to make more sense as you come across each different scenario. If you need help, just yell the peeps are from all over and someone is around to help.

PussCatPrince - GA and Juliet like this.
  23. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Will do. Thanks loads!

24. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Higher at +4 several times but each of the last three days. Onset usually at +3 so that's weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.