1/23 Titan AMPS 273 -dosecreas-, +3.5 133, PMPS 185, +3 204 back on prednisolone

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Jan 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone, it's been a hectic few days here so my posting fell by the wayside. Titan is doing slightly better with the licking/irritating of his sore spot, the cone of shame is helping but if it itches real bad he can get by it to the site. We've been able to get it dried out and starting to heal, not weeping anymore. He's been off the prednisolone now for 5 days and yesterday morn was his last gabapentin, I was hoping his BG numbers would show a slide back down to his normal blues but it looks like the infection/allergic reaction was a bit much for the system so I increased him to 7 units today and we will see how that does over the next 3 days. He's getting a little fussy over his fuds (DM and Core) so we are starting to mix in some low carb Friskies which he gobbles right up. That's about all, gotta go out and start on the 11 inches of snow that fell yesterday. Me and my Shovel are getting a workout. Enjoy the day! Ed

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease, I hope it does the trick. Glad he is healing and hopefully won’t need the cone of shame for too much longer. :cat:

3. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Hope the new dose brings Titan's numbers down. Sorry about all the snow :eek:

4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Best of luck with the dosecrease! I think the kitties get bored with the same foods, just like we would, but then they have the audacity to reject the new food we offer. :rolleyes: Darned picky cats... :cat: Go out and show that snow who's boss, Ed!! ;)

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. I'm glad Titan is showing some improvement. I wish we had some snow here.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

And many get bored with the same dose of juice too...

7. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope it's not too bad in your area, traffic-wise. I heard Owatonna got 17 inches! :eek: We got lucky up here and got only a dusting.

Titan, work the juice.. but not too much! ;)

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  8. MyTitan (GA)

+3.5 133, that worked so far :smuggrin:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  9. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Looks like Titan won the race on down to the beach today, Mav was a slowpoke, took us until +5.5 to get there :rolleyes:

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am glad you increased. Looked like the old dose was loosing it's zip. I typically wouldn't go more than 6 cycles if I wasn't seeing greens, or a bit of glucose toxicity can set in. Or at least it did for Neko.

Titan's last visit here.

I'm just glad our rain isn't more solid. One of the mountains on Vancouver Island has been getting a meter a day (that's over 3 feet!) of the white stuff. Adds a whole new meaning to shoveling out the car. :eek:

11. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease and the low carb Friskies!

12. MyTitan (GA)

Question for you, saw Dr Becky today ref Howard the civvie but talked about Titan. His itchiness is still an issue plus healing of his leg where he licked it raw. She put him on 10mg (5 twice a day) of prednisolone a day for 10 days then 5 mg for 10 then 5mg every other for 10. Does that seem like a lot of pred?? Plus do I dose based on his pred induced numbers?? They will go up.

13. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

First, dose around any other meds. So if a med increases the blood sugar, increase the insulin to compensate. Titan will tell you when it's a ime to decrease again.

My civie got 10 mg for two weeks to help with GI inflammation, going down to 5 mg as maintenance. I have never had to deal with skin inflammation using pred, so can't see what makes sense there.

I wonder if Titan is becoming allergic to some proteins? Have you thought of trying some novel proteins? Or try with just one, example chicken only for several day, see if he itches, then try another. Does you vet have any ideas besides meds? Raw food is often a good answer to skin allergies.

MyTitan (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  14. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Work that juice, Titan! Glad to hear that his condition is improving. More vines are on the way.

15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Gizmo was on steroids for 30 days after his first pancreatitis attack. More than likely one of the reasons why he now has FD. He likely would have died without it though.

Since vet doesn't think it is food allergies have you changed anything lately? Litter, laundry soap, new rugs, furniture....?

16. MyTitan (GA)

Not a thing other than Fleur being incarcerated in the basement, coming in after her spay surgery. She hadn't been in the house prior. She was treated for all the usual suspects. ,

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  17. MyTitan (GA)

Most of his irritation is the healing skin where he had licked/groomed the irritated area prior to being able to see the vet the first tyme. Took most the hair right off. No new areas since. I'm thinking it's the healing process ??

LizzieInTexas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.