1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 + 4 287

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3674

Go with 7.0, but should I shoot any R???????????? Going to be gone probably after +3????
    Jan

2. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 SHOOT R???

I'm probably too late here, but I would've shot the R and gotten a test just before you went out the door. You're getting some better numbers here and don't want to lose the momentum.

Hope you both have a fabulous day!

3. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 Carolynn!

Caroylynn, Your right, he is already going up. What do you think about giving some at +6 and how much????? Also, if it's after +6 can I give any????

I'm such a chicken sometimes, I keep forgetting I have control, and if he goes low I can bring him down with HC :roll:

I'm not thinking that tho at 4:30am :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks

4. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 CAROLYNN

Hi Jan,

See what he is at nadir (+6 for Buddy?). If he's high (>250? or >300? whatever you're comfortable with), give him some R and collect data. I think you could go with .25, especially if you're home. You are in an experimentation phase (i.e. growing big balls) - you want to know what happens while you can safely intervene.

As far as how late you can shoot, I'm not sure about that. I just remember that the two insulins should never nadir at the same time. However, I don't think I ever shot except at PS or +6. Have you been saving all of the advice Jojo gives you with R? Hopefully she'll help you (and all of us) with more guidelines.

My thoughts are not too helpful this morning. I'm sorry - I sure wish I knew more.

5. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/24 Jan and Buddy AMPS 283 +2.5 328 CAROLYNN

Heather,
    Thanks for the input. That was pretty much what I was going to do, depending on his number. Thought I was going to be gone, but I will be home to monitor.
    Hope things are good with you.
    Thanks again
    Jan

6. Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA

Carolynn FletcherGA & RobbieGA Member

He's at least staying in a flattish range (mostly yellow), but it could still come down more, don't you think? I think you're going to have to bump up the R a bit-- when you're home and comfortable. Hopefully the new Lev dose will start to show us what it can do in the next day (or today) and we can get the curve a bit lower.

Glad to hear he's still a playful kitty, though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.