1/25 Gussie, video today

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gussie's mom (GA), Jan 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi All,
    Thank you all do much for your ongoing support and vines...
    Gussie has been hanging in to celebrate with your successes....I honestly do not know how because he runs from me when ever I try to give him any kind of pain medication etc, so I am honoring his decision on that. He is off all meds. He is drinking water but has not eaten that I know of in a week..I know he is in pain but he is still staying close by and purring, grooming and alert and interacting with his world.
    I have cancelled three appointments for the vet to come out to the house to help him cross. Each time because he is active and makes it unmistakably clear that he is not ready to leave. Today was one of those days. He came out to greet me when I got home, played with Lola and chased a string, went to town on the scratchers and has been jumping up to watch the birds out the windows. When I tried to talk to him about the vet coming he took one look at me and took off running...that Gussie Spidey sense at work. He hid under the bed, not "I'm ready to go hiding" but "oh hell no" hiding. He only came out after I told him "ok, you don't have to go anywhere. You can stay, nobody is making you go anywhere" now he is sitting on my bed next to me.
    So I will honor his wishes. He is not ready, tho as I said I do not know how he is doing this..there is some plan he has that I will have to learn in his time..and as always give him the reins to..
    My will of steel cat
    ETA picture from Monday as I can't upload the video from today
    image.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Reason for edit: add picture
  2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

((Leslie))

My prayers continue for you and Gus. You are such a wonderful petmom and Gus as always is the one in charge. Sending lots of strength and positive energy that you and Gus will have much more quality time to share before he decides to travel onward.

[​IMG]

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright and Gussie's mom (GA) like this.
  3. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Glad to see a Gussie report, even if the news isn't the best. What a strong trooper!!! Come on Gussie eat some fuds, they will help you feel better and give you more scratcher energy. Glad he seems to still be enjoying himself with some nice greetings and playtime. Too funny about the vet and hiding under the bed at warp speed, he must be learning a little english or you are learning a little cat speak!:bighug::bighug:

4. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad he's being clear with you, and that he's spending more time with you. Blessings :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Gussie is just doing things his way like he did with his OTJ trial. I'm glad you're getting to spend more time with him. Make the most of each moment. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Such a bittersweet story. Lovely photo of Gussie. :bighug:

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Les, Gussie is certainly an amazing kitty. I'm glad you're honoring his wishes and that he is leading the dance. Dance on, Gussie, for as long as you want to.
    Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

9. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

<3 <3 <3 my will of steel cat <3<3<3 i love this... i love that you are just going along with his flow and that he is clearly telling you he isnt ready yet... he continues to be an amazing little guy... and you continue to be an amazing mama bean... i pray for more cuddles and more playtime... Gussie will no doubt let you know when its time... enjoy every minute you get with your little man Leslie :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

What a gift he is giving to you. And you to him. I love your cat.

11. Gussie's mom (GA)

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Me too...:bighug:

Dyana and HWright like this.
  12. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Les)))

Because you are listening to him and not your own heart, than you do continue to give him a gift. I'm sure you've told him that he can go when he's ready. We found our own Gussie was holding on because he thought we weren't ready but when the AC told him we would do what he wanted, he said he was tired and ready to go when our hearts could set him free. Always so hard to know, isn't it?

Much love, many prayers. He is so very blessed to have you.

14. Gussie's mom (GA)

I have told him..I have told him I will be ok and that his job here is complete, thanked him..all of those and more, and he is still not ready..
    Hoping I can link today's video here..

15. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Les,
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:❤️❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  16. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Les..... thinking of you:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Gus looks so normal and healthy in the video, he is so handsome:cat:

I am happy you are listening to your heart.... you will know:bighug:

17. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Gussie is one remarkable kitty!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

18. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

From the looks of that video, Gussie is definitely not ready to leave yet!!

Keep listening to your heart....it's obvious it's hearing exactly what it needs to hear :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

19. Marje and Gracie

Sweet Gussie! You would never know he's sick. He looks happy in the video. Thanks for sharing.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::kiss:

20. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:.....at a loss for words..:cat:

21. Gussie's mom (GA)

I think that is what makes this so hard..he is in pain obviously a lot of the time, then I decide it is time and he gets wind of it and the day of, is in fine spirits, alert and looking like there is nothing as terribly wrong as there is..I keep thinking the ultrasound vet visit was a dream, could not have actually happened..but then he has another bad day and I make the call...and we repeat the process....it's so strange....
    Perhaps I'm not done learning to let go of trying to control things and he plans to stay until I've learned what I'm supposed to.....I just don't know but am grateful for each day he feels good...

Shoeskitty-GA likes this.
  22. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Wow! He is so amazing! And So bright!! I haven't been on the board the past week or so- but have been keeping you and Gussie in my prayers and thoughts-
    I know he'll let you know when he is ready- and I am so glad that his time lately has been so full of joy and energy for him (and for you to witness) what a special, special boy!

23. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

Sending you so many hugs and vines! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

24. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing the video. Gussie looks so good! He's an amazing guy.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

25. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Love seeing Gussie in action. Think about you guys every day.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Your spirits shine bright in my life

26. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

You & Gussie are in my thoughts every day, thanks for the video and sending you peace and love. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

27. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

He looks good in the video :cat:. Thanks for sharing.
    Keeping you both in my thoughts :bighug::bighug:

28. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Sweet Gussie :bighug:

29. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Les, thank you so much for sharing this with us! And for following Gussie's lead in this! He is so obviously not ready to leave you and this world yet! I know this is so terribly stressful and hard on you but you are so awesome for listening to him!!! I pray that I can be like you when it's Shoes time to leave!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gussie's mom (GA) and HWright like this.
  30. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Awe, thank you for sharing the sweet video of Gussie! :cat::cat:

Sending you love and hugs:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

31. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

We love how Gussie does things his way. Please give him extra scritches and a :kiss::kiss: on the head for me. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

32. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Gussie looks so handsome. I can imagine the emotional roller coaster you are on, Leslie. You and Gussie are always in my thoughts. :bighug::bighug:

33. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

He looks good and definitely not ready to leave you. May he have many more good days. :bighug:

34. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

He is lookin' awesome...it's the power of love. We still have you in our thoughts and prayers!

35. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

((((Les))))))) Amazing story of Gussie's will and strength and your love and compassion for letting Gussie decide. He will tell you when. He looks amazingly well in the video. It must be such a tug at your emotions this roller coaster you and he are on. You and Gus are in my thoughts and prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

36. Linda and Scooter & Jack

Linda and Scooter & Jack Well-Known Member

Keep it up Gussie your doing great!!

37. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

He looks so happy and healthy in the video, it's hard to think he's as ill as he is! What an amazing guy he is, your sweet Gussie! I pray every day that you and he will have at least one more day with each other, and I will keep on doing so. Les, you are a wonderful kitty mom, and you so obviously understand everything Gussie is telling you; he will definitely tell you when he is ready to leave, and you will give him that greatest gift of love to help set him free. But not today, not today! :):) I hope you have many more days to share and build cherished memories. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs))) to you and gentle loving scritches to Gussie! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

38. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you all so much for caring so much about my amazing Gussie...This morning was not a good one but I am hoping this afternoon will be better.. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I won't know until I get home and he tells me his plan for the day... :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I think he is still deciding, he runs to the bridge gate and then remembers something he still had left to do and comes back to do those things... I leave the house that way a lot myself these days...:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

39. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I love this video of him going to play with the rolling balls. What an absolutely amazing and determined kitty he is. :bighug:

40. Squalliesmom

Les, your words always paint such a vivid picture...My heart truly goes out to you and sweet Gussie. ❤️❤️❤️

41. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Handsome boy..

42. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

May you share many happy days until Gussie decides its time to start his new adventure. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers, what an amazing team you are :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gussie's mom (GA) and Dyana like this.
  43. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Les, from seeing that video and your pictures I'd never know Gussie was as sick as he is. He is AMAZING!! I know that your heart must be on a roller coaster ride. I admire what a close bond you have with Gussie and how you listen so closely to him and honor him. You are an inspiration to all of us kittie moms. I think of you and Gussie every day and I keep you in my prayers all the time. Please give your sweet, wonderful, amazing Gussie a gentle kiss for me. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

HWright, Gussie's mom (GA) and Dyana like this.
  44. Marje and Gracie

Your last statement is really important and we have to be open to what they are trying to teach us.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

45. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Les}}}

You had me in tears, reading about your amazing Gussie and how he is telling you he wants to be with you a little longer. Are you sure he isn't eating some of Jett's food? He looks too good in that video to have gone so long without eating. Or perhaps he is showing that he can live on love. Either way, I know you will listen to him when he tells you it is time, and until then, keep enjoying his company and his love for you. We will be here for you whenever you need us.

Sending many good vines and prayers and lots of :bighug:s.

46. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you all for your vines, kudos and prayers that seem to keep Gussie going. Shared the video with the vet and he has no other explanation of how this is possible other than sheer will on Gussies part.
    No, there is no food he can be getting into, the civvies are CPC kitties. Tonight he was in the kitchen yowling for food just like the Gussie of old, and ran with the others in to get fed. I was so hopeful he would eat something, but no, despite opening everything and even trying bacon (one of his favorites) and even a can of gravy lovers ( I figured what harm at this point some carbs) and tho he would sniff it, he ate none of it. I think he has the rememberance of the routines and gets hungry wanting to be a part of them but the smell makes his stomach lurch and it's all over.
    He is in obvious pain but still refusing any meds of any kind....
    One day at a time...
    My surgery is scheduled too now. March. Will be more complex than first thought..
    Is it 2018 yet? I'm ready to see 2017 in the rear view mirror:bighug::bighug:

HWright likes this.
  47. carfurby (GA)

Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

48. HWright

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

49. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Agree about 2017, Les. I was hoping your post would say he had eaten - still, we all love Gussie so much
    So many prayers and hugs to you :bighug::bighug:

50. HWright

Good morning Les.
    Just popping in to say hi, sending our love with heaps of mellow vines for you, Gussie the Great, Jett and Lola.
    And with yesterday being Chinese New Year:
    IMG_1637.JPG
    ❤️❤️❤️Love hugs and vines❤️❤️❤️

51. carfurby (GA)

Keeping you, Gussie, Jett and Lola in my prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

52. Squalliesmom

Thinking about you and Gussie, Les, and keeping you in my prayers.
    :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

53. Carol & Murphy (GA)

You and Gussie in my thoughts - prayers for you both

54. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Man, Gussie is proving he is one tough kitty. What am amazing cat. When it's his time, he's going to go out in a blaze of glory! Bless you Leslie and your little Gussie. I am glad you are getting to have such wonderful bonding time with him and him with you. When he's ready he will let you know. My prayers go out to you and Gussie.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

55. Madrona and Leda (GA)

Madrona and Leda (GA) Well-Known Member

56. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you all, Gussie is still doing this his way, and still defying any medical explanation as to how as he still has not eaten anything, just water. He is still refusing all meds and I've stopped weighing him but he is very very thin.
    Yesterday I let him outside because he was telling me he had things to do out there. He went to his favorite spots and checked them all out, and went next door I believe to make sure his former owner was not there waiting for him. He spent some time looking that way after he saw there was a different cat and different people in his old home. I sat and read a magazine while he did what he needed to do. He actually made me chase him when it was time to come in, dog folks start walking big dogs some of whom are not always leashed..
    Today he was chasing a lizard around on the screen door..
    We take this one day at a time, on Gussies plan..
    This is Gussie looking toward the unit next door where he lived most of his life
    IMG_6149.JPG
    Will try to post up a video of him with the lizard
    Thank you all for sharing this journey with us
    Les

57. Lincolns Mom

love it :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:prayers and peaceful times sent to you Leslie and Gussie

58. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Just such an amazing little being. Grateful witness to his journey and your journey together. Absolutely love that picture.

59. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

:bighug: I love hearing that Gussie is doing things his way and being defying.

60. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

As usual Gussie leads and you follow. What an amazing kitty!!

Prayers and hugs sent always :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

61. Gill & George

What a character he is. Keeping you both in my thoughts.

62. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Thank you for updating us, Les. You know you and Gussie are on all our minds and in our hearts.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

63. HWright

Yes and ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

64. Marje and Gracie

More love and prayers for you both, Les. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

65. Donna and Flame

Time to get ready for bed, but was thinking of you and Gussie so much I had to pop in and tell you that you are both on my mind, in my heart and in my prayers continually. I am simply in awe of the connection you have with one another, the trust. It is beautiful to witness, even from far away. Gussie is a very special soul. He has a mission, something to accomplish before he goes... and he's not done yet. Wishing you more peaceful, special, loving moments together Les.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

66. Squalliesmom

Thank you for sharing the picture. What an indomitable spirit he has. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

67. Gussie's mom (GA)

68. Lincolns Mom

hehehe go Gussie... wonder if he caught it if he would have eaten it... maybe that is what he is craving??? or a big juicy mouse... love this Gussie you made me smile and i am sure mama bean got more then a smile out of it :bighug::bighug:

69. Taffysmama

Sweet boy.
    Hugs to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

70. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Great video! Thank you for sharing. He looks like a normal healthy kitty. I bet he likes that (not having the meds constantly). :bighug::bighug::bighug:

71. HWright

Hi Les❤️ Sending more :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you, Gussie, Jett and Lola. Thank you for continuing to share this journey and the wonderful pictures of Gus and his tribe that I reread, revisit and replay with love and admiration for you all. And with deeply poignant memories of similar journeys here.
    Take care and with tons of love,
    Sina

72. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending Love :cat: and Hugs :bighug:

73. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:Prayers and scritches to Gussie the wonder cat :bighug:. He is beyond extraordinary :bighug::bighug:

74. carfurby (GA)

75. Gussie's mom (GA)

Thank you all so much:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Kris & Teasel and HWright like this.
  76. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Gussie is very special... and so are you.
    Love and hugs...

77. Gill & George

Still keeping you and Gussie in our thoughts and prayers:bighug::bighug::bighug:

78. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Thinking of you guys too:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

79. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Thanks for letting us share this journey I think about you two all the time
    sending love and :bighug::bighug:

80. Donna and Flame

Thinking of you and Gussie today. Sending prayers and love and many, many :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

81. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

How's it going Leslie and Gussie?

82. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

each day is a gift... that's why they call it the present.

oh no, she didn't.....

hope you have more gifts, more days....

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

83. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Keep on truckin'
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

84. Gussie's mom (GA)

Hi
    We made it thru my birthday together yesterday, and tho weak Gussie is still doing things according to his own plan..he still has things to do on his bucket list apparently...
    My heart is battered but I am learning to cope knowing this is his journey and he insists on doing it his way...I hold my breath each day as I leave for work and hesitate as I open the door before I go in on my return, afraid that I will not see him looking up to greet me....and so far my heart has been rewarded each day I walk into the room...I know it will not always be so, but today it did...and for that I am grateful...
    Hugs to you all

85. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I once had a cat with a bucket list. She did things she had never done before (imagine declawed, deaf cat on a leash mousing in the woods). It was tough, but an honour to be part of.

Belated Happy Birthday. Look after yourself. (((()))))

86. carfurby (GA)

Keeping you and Gussie in my prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

87. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Hugs to you and remarkable, amazing Gussie

88. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, and :bighug: back to you. I'm glad Gussie keeps on trucking along. :bighug:

89. Taffysmama

I think that everyone here shares that same apprehension as you have when you enter your home each day...each day when we come to the board and click on your condo and hold our breath...we are all there with you when you walk thru the door.

Happy Belated Birthday Wishes...I wish we could make your wish come true. I'm so glad that Gussie was with you, I am sure that was on his list!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    Ozzy Pawzbourne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.