1/27 Sooty - more (better) news

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Perry and Sooty, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/26 Sooty - some better news

YES!!!!! Some good news. So much better. No doubt he will so enjoy being at home tonight. :D :D :D

2. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Better news is GREAT news. Enjoy your hugfest tonight.

3. Christie & Willie (GA)

Christie & Willie (GA) Well-Known Member

What wonderful news! Prayers continue to go out for Sooty to have a speedy recovery and for you to get all the answers you need to aid him in doing so!

4. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Kristen & Emma (GA)

Kristen & Emma (GA) Well-Known Member

Hooray for Sooty! Emma's doing her happy dance for him! :)

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Perry, your update is such good news. Give that boy some extra scritches from all of us in LL when he gets home tonight. Continuing to send positive thoughts, prayers, lots of healing vines, snowflakes, the whole kit & kaboodle for brave Sooty. Get well, Sooty!!

Many hugs to you all,

Ella & Rusty

7. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

WE ARE SOOOOO HAPPY TO HEAR THIS NEWS!!! OK we will be cautiously optimistic! Being Home always helps --
    Lantus Land Prayers are the strongest anywhere--They work..Keep getting better & better Sooty!-Happy for you.

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

YEAH!!!!!!

I'm so happy that you get to bring Sooty home for the night. Maybe he'll eat even better once he is home. I know exactly what the nurse means about him being a whole different cat today. I remember that moment with Lucy, when she was in the hospital and I thought I was losing her. On one of my visits, all of a sudden I could tell the REAL Lucy was back, even though her body was still very sick. I knew she was fighting. 24 hours later after that she had enough spunk that she tried to run away from the vet. :lol: She couldn't walk, but she didn't know that and she tried. I hope Sooty's turnaround will be as dramatic as Lucy's.

9. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

So glad to see good news!!! I know a kitty who will be so spoiled tonight!!! :D More healing vines to (((Sooty)))...

10. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Glad the is an improvement. I'm sure being home will be good for Sooty. Hope it speeds his recovery being spoiled and cuddled by his bean. Have a wonderful night.

11. Amanda

Amanda Member

I've been checking to see if there were updates - so glad to see a good one! Hopefully a night of rest at home where he is comfortable will help him along on the road to recovery.

12. Perry and Sooty

Perry and Sooty Well-Known Member

Re: 1/27 Sooty - more better news

THANK YOU so very much for all the thoughts and prayers - I am so touched by all the outpouring here, I just cannot tell you...

And I do have some more 'much better' news this morning, Sooty did well overnight, at home - he didn't eat a whole lot last night (although he did get a bit of my steak @ dinner..) and although not walking very well (back legs are very weak) he's been able to jump up onto places like the sofa etc. AND it gets better:
    1. He ate an WHOLE 3oz can of FF Turkey & Giblets this morning, for breffis,
    2. His Temp this AM: 101.0 (yep - still NORMAL...)
    AMPS was 287 and he got 20u of Lev again.
    He seems SOOO much better, he is alert and purring, and I know what Libby means, that moment when you recognize he's just come back from somewhere...!
    If you didn't know that he has meds on board that still could be covering up his symptoms, you might be tempted to think that he was actually getting better.. But I must wait a bit longer before I can think anything along those lines... time will tell..... but seeing him so much stronger, especially after he was so small and weak the other day, has to be helping him to fight...
    Sooo, fingers and paws are all firmly crossed here - he is back at the vet now, getting his IV hooked up again for more fluids and medicine - I will update you whenever I hear more from the vet (later on...)

13. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

INCREDIBLE news!!! I hope his night went well at home; I know he got tons of spoiling!! YAY SOOTY!! We're so happy for you all, Perry, and continue to send healing vines.

14. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

Your update really makes me so happy. Like my heart is getting a refill. Glad Sooty was home to be spoiled and loved by you last night.

[​IMG]

15. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

[youtube]iKz9h5L_r_Q[/youtube]

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Go Sooty! Every day in every way: better and better!!

Ella & Rusty

17. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Terrific update. Renewed strength will certainly help him fight whatever he has going on.

18. tessielou

tessielou Member

I'm a late poster, because I just got Tessie Lou's civvie brother out of the cat hospital last night (poisoning, I'll make a separate post). I just read through all the posts, and all I can say is SOOTY YOU"RE AMAZING! What a fighter! Of course, getting to come home last night will make a huge spike in his recovery. There is no place like home! :D

Very happy for you all!

19. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad to hear the good news about Sooty. He is an amazing cat and what a wonderful bean you are to take such good care of him. I hope the good news keeps getting better and better today.

20. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

:RAHCAT party_cat :RAHCAT party_cat :RAHCAT party_cat WE ARE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU SOOTY!!! KEEP GETTING BETTER
    -STILL SENDING HEALING PRAYERS!! --MIRACLES HAPPEN--HUGS FROM US!!

21. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

what wonderful news. prayers continuing

22. Perry and Sooty

Sorry I'm rather late with this, but Sooty is back home with us again, for the overnight - vet nurse says his temp. did get up to 102.9 earlier today, but came back down to 102.6... this is near enough to normal not to argue... he's been eating fine on his own through the day.

He's still on the same ABx and P-titis meds (Bupe & Fomatidine) and was on IV fluids again, all day today. Soon as we got him home tonoight, he started meowing for food! We fed him right away and he's eaten about 2oz of FF.. YAY! He looks much brighter again, today, more alert, and also walking better. He's well, just Sooty, once again!!!

Right now he is curled up asleep in Cathy's bathroom sink (he loves our sinks, they are so 'cat-shaped' !!) and he managed to jump up there all by himself - which I know he could not have managed yesterday. So he is definitely getting STRONGER. (So pleased to see this!!)

Plan is to check his temp again, at bedtime, and again in the morning.
    He has to go and see Dr Roesner tomorrow...let's just hope that the fever doesn't come back and that he really has, turned the corner...

Perry, Cathy & Sooty!

23. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

This is wonderful news!! I'm hoping being home for the night will be the ticket.

(BTW: famotidine = Pepsid)

24. Karrie and Maverick

Karrie and Maverick Well-Known Member

We need a repeat of all them dancing cats from yesterday!!!!! Another awesome update Perry. Your heart must be happy to see him improving after seeing him critically ill. So glad to hear he's home with you AND jumped up to the sink all by himself. *clapping*. Sooty you made my day.

25. Rocket & his Mom

Rocket & his Mom Well-Known Member

good news indeed Perry....glad Sooty is responding and being home will make that big difference in his well being...

continued prayers for you guys

26. sanrun

sanrun Member

Yippy! I'm so glad your little buddy is better! I was pulling for him flip_cat !

Sandy Dottie, Jeter & Tilly

27. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

because you and soots have gone thru more than Alice ever dreamed of...

[youtube]_HGGqHe4yIw[/youtube]

28. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I just popped in to check on LLers and saw your post. I'm so sorry Sooty was so sick but I'm really glad he's doing so much better. I'm sending prayers and healing vines for Sooty. I hope when I check back in on Sat he'll be completely back to normal.

29. Perry and Sooty

Sooty update: 10PM-ish:

Sooty's doing well so far, tonight, still eating on his own (thank goodness!) he just ate 'supper' - about another 2oz of FF. Been chewing a bit at the bright red 'stick-to-itself' bandage that's covering up his IV catheter (like he's trying to say "I don't need this thing stuck in my leg any more!") :YMSIGH:

Loved the videos! No kitty dancing here just yet, though - still being very cautiously optimistic... (we have learned to be very wary of the Sootster's infamous "curve-ball"!) - but so far, so good, tonight. Hoping for a good overnight - not just us, but everyone out there in LL!

Thank you ALL, so much, again, everyone, for all your wonderful support!!!

30. Cheryl & Whiskers (GA)

Cheryl & Whiskers (GA) Member

Hi Perry, Cathy, & Sooty,

This is such wonderful news. Yeah!!!! :RAHCAT Our cats love the "cat-shaped" sinks too :mrgreen: .

I'm sorry I didn't know Sooty was so ill, just read thru the whole condo and held my breath till I got to this post. We are keeping our fingers and paws firmly crossed as well, for continue positive recovery!

31. Amanda

Amanda Member

Good boy Sooty! Get some rest guys, you must be exhausted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.