? 1/28 Blaze amps 144 +2.75 88 PMPS 156 +2 55 +2.75 50 +3.5 77 +4 84(Does 50 earn reduction?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sarah and Blaze, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Sarah and Blaze

Sarah and Blaze Well-Known Member

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Glad he came up for you last night .....

Sarah and Blaze likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Blaze is keeping you on your toes. Glad he let you get some sleep last night. Sending prayers for you and your family. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Beth 73 and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Very nice Blaze

5. Sarah and Blaze

+2.75 is 88 and I’m leaving for work soon:facepalm:
    Gave him some higher MC and put some in the auto feeder on top of the Lc snacks too.

6. Sarah and Blaze

He didn’t want to come up, he wanted to play too close to the sharkies:nailbiting:

Beth 73 likes this.
  7. Sarah and Blaze

He sure is!:facepalm:

I didn’t sleep too well last night, even though I was exhausted from the funeral. I’m going to work today, DH took the day off from work so I’ll have him keep an eye on Blaze since he’s already in the lagoon this morning.

Beth 73 likes this.
  8. Sarah and Blaze

I might have carbed Blaze up a bit today because of that 88 at 1.75 after his morning shot:facepalm:

Si am cat mom and Beth 73 like this.
  9. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

not too much of a difference between the AM and PS preshot numbers...
    I still think he'll make his lagoon trip as usual.

hope you get some rest tonight

10. Sarah and Blaze

You were right! +2 is 55.

11. Sarah and Blaze

+2.75 is 50. So this earns a reduction?

12. Si am cat mom

Under TR, for a new diabetic I believe so.
    Unless you are on a modified TR for those that don't hold reductions well. Some are taking reductions for 3x under (50). You were at 0.5 units over a week, so I don't think that holding reductions is a problem.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ng-reductions-and-starting-otj-trials.150160/

Someone with more experience might be able to be let you know if/when you might need to adjust your reductions so you don't run out of "space" for them with your dosing. Not much room behind 0.25 units to shave anything off.

13. Sarah and Blaze

We have been at this since August 2019 so we are definitely still in the newly diabetic category. Blaze has been doing pretty good holding reductions so with this 50 tonight, we will take the reduction and start with 0.25U tomorrow morning. I know some people do the 3x under 50 before a reduction, but I think that’s people with more experience, right? And for kitties who don’t hold reductions well?

I guess we will see how 0.25U works out for Blaze, if we have to go back up the dosing ladder, then we do. But he earned the reduction so I will give it a try! I figured Blaze was working on a reduction with last nights lows and then that 55 at +2 tonight :facepalm:

14. Sarah and Blaze

Now that I’m re-reading the “earring reductions” sticky, it says they earn a reduction under 50, so does the 50 tonight not actually earn a reduction?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    Si am cat mom likes this.
  15. Sarah and Blaze

The more I read, the more I’m thinking this 50 BG tonight does not earn a reduction. I think it’s 49 and lower that earns a reduction on TR. Hopefully someone responds before amps tomorrow, but I’m thinking we stay at 0.5U until Blaze is under 50. It’s confusing though because I fed him 20% at +2 when he was at 55 and again at +2.75 when he was at 50, so I’m sure if I hadn’t given him 20%, he would have dropped below 50 and earned the reduction. But I guess it doesn’t matter?

16. Si am cat mom

I like that better :) Gives Blaze more time in these nicer numbers.
    Sounds good !
    I try no to think about what they " might have" done and just use the data I have. Otherwise, I'll drive myself mad.

SnowKat and Sarah and Blaze like this.
  17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You are correct, we look for under 50 fore newly diagnosed diabetics. The higher carb may have slowed him down, but a kitty will usually find the 40’s if they really want a reduction. I don’t think you’ll have a long wait.