1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +5.5 115 +6 104 +7 133

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RubenTheCat, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

396 amps AT
    gave shot reduction Yay .5u
    thank you for all who stayed with me last night. i know how tired you must all be.
    i'm gonna try to get more sleep but will check here for a while.
    let me know when you think next bg should be?
    I'm thinking around +4 or even better +5? hope so
    both ruben and I are pooped. (yawn)
    (((((((((fdmb)))))))))
    cats rule!!!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=87834

condo from yesterday ^ hope i idi that correct?

2. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/28 amps 396 AT

Morning guys just wanted to stop by and say hi and welcome! Looks like you are doing well so far, congrats! Wondering what the AT is in your subject line, shouldn't it say Ruben? I would get a +5 since it looks like Ruben is bouncing and try to get some sleep. Take care. And I think it is fine to leave food out.

3. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396

AT was for alpha trax, but i guess since i have it under ruben's ss i dont need to put it. thank you for checking we appreciate it.

4. momsgirl2727

momsgirl2727 Member

Get some well deserved rest Sam. I will call you around noon. XO Mom

5. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning and wanted to welcome you. I hope you catch some well deserved rest. I was reading your Sunday condo. You did great with the help of Marje and Carl and others cheering you on. Have a great Monday.

6. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Hi guys .. have I been to rubens condo before? It seems like I have, but honestly can't remember! If not, welcome from us! Glad you had some nighttime helpers working with you .. sure makes you feel a lot better when others are there doesn't it? Have a great day guys!

7. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello, and welcome!

I did a little 'eavesdropping' last night, and you did great! You were in good hands (but you already know that!).

You deserve some rest today. Take care!

~Josie (& Ripley)

8. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396 320 +5

320 +5
    I know the number is high but is the consistancy better than dropping?
    I haven't noticed lots of drinking or peeing but honestly been sleeping til now.
    thanks for the love from everyone. we need it!
    as for having marje, carl, wendy and the gang with me last night, there are NO WORDS to explaine my gratitude. I'm kinda attached to them all now...lol
    when do you guys think I should test next? I', really hoping you guys say pmps, Ruben and I need a rest (i have not found finesse yet, at all) his poor little ears. all greasy form neosporin and the blood line is just plain blown out. when i shine a flashlight on his ear, its just line, then bloody mess, then line again < sorry lil ruben, mommy loves you, i swear! :cry:
    I need to shower and run a quick errand, clean my house and dont feel like doing anything except snuggling with my best friend
    saw this last night and thought it applied to all of us

"he is your friend, your partener, your defender, your companion animal
    you are his life, his love, his leader
    he will be yours faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart
    you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"

Mission accomplished gang.......we rock

9. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

my vet wants me to call to update her ruben,
    her advise when i left was shoot 1u every 12hrs
    she said only shoot .5 if he drop 100bg or less
    afraid if i tell her im not following her protocol that she have some kind of negative feeling, I dont want her to drop me incase of emergency should i just say he's doing ok and wait til a visit to show her the numbers or should i tell her the truth?

10. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

josie, that pic of ripley with the gd flower around her neck, was almost to cute to bear...uber cute
    squeeze her little head for me

11. momsgirl2727

momsgirl2727 Member

Hi Sammy, Just lettin ya know I'm proud of you.

12. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Tell the vet he is playing and happy with his catnip ball. tell her the blood glucose readings you have been getting but dont tell her the dose and see what she says .. unless she asks. She might say "reduce the dose" based on last nights numbers.. and then you can say you already did.;)

Oh and he is probably bouncing today. We will see what happens over the next few cycles. But it means at least you can snooze till tonite! And Marje and Carl too lol.

13. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

how does someone express how grateful she is when no words seem to truely convey the depth of her emotions
    unfortunalty it comes out my eyeballs...lol all tears and snot when i think of how grateful i am to most of all you MOM < i know how you felt (feel) about grandma, you are my giver of life and everyday you give me more of it
    to the wonderful people here. marje, carl and wendy.....is it getting old everytime i say thank you. theres so many words in the english language and yet only two are supposed to express gratitude from generally to deeply. we need to come up with varieing degrees of thank you's, and yet i still dont think ther would be one big enough for these people and this forum here.
    Ruben is it guys, he is my "popcorn" my everything, my purpose to get up and go when life is beating me down, my secret keeper, my best friend. you may have all gave me more time with him, if even just one exta breath all my stress and worry are worth it. i vow to give back into the world the kindess, support and compassion you have all shown me, and maybe one day, i can give back to you.
    he's in my arms as we speak, purring and looking longingly into my eyes they say there is a par of a persons soul that remains unawakened until they recieve the love of an animal. ruben, thank for awakening me.

14. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Hi Sam!

I've got a busy day but I wanted to just drop in real quick. I'd really like a +10 on him today so if he drops again tonight, we will have a reference point. So have fun running your errands but please be sure and get a +10.

Thank you for your very sweet words but we are all just paying it forward. And I am also very proud of how focused you stayed last night. :YMHUG:

15. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

you got it +10 it is
    i oonly stayed so focused cause you all and maybe a little to the zanax ....lol

16. Marje and Gracie

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovely quote above about our furry companions.

I think it's great if you have time when he's high if you visit other condos and look at other SSs. Also, lots of people can just use a kind word of support and encouragement and you are very good at that.

See you later, gator. ;-)

17. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

:YMHUG: I've been following along with you since your first post and I lurked through last night's low number shooting. You did a fantastic job! You have come such a long way already and I am so glad you found this board to help you through this process. The people here are so amazing and knowledgeable and have all been where we're at. I can only hope to some day come close enough to their level to help pay their generosity forward. :YMHUG:

I wouldn't worry about his ears too much; they'll heal. Michelangelo's were a mess the first couple of weeks. With Mikey, his right ear bleeds better than his left, so I usually test him on that ear. Whenever I test on his left ear, however, to this day it still leaves a red blotch under the skin. Just make sure you put pressure on the poked mark afterwards as this helps reduce bruising and scabbing.

I think you also asked about using a lancet pen at one point. I have used both freehand and a lancet pen. I currently prefer the lancet pen (Acccu-Chek Fastclix) since I got a ton of free lancets for it that I haven't used up and it's much faster than manually poking. I've also found it's easier for "guest testers" to use than freehand because they don't actually have to "slice" the skin directly themselves (helps with the squeamish), although there is more chance for "out-of-area" poking. I'll probably switch back to freehand once I run out of lancets because I do like the control of freehand better than the "aim for the general area and hope you get close enough" method of the lancet pen. You definitely don't want to be poking through the ear so if you are using a lancet pen, it should be on one of the lowest settings. Let me know if you have any specific questions about using the lancet pens (I've used a few different ones) and I'll try to answer them for you.

As for Neosporin, the nice thing about it is that it does have a topical analgesic (pramoxine) for pain relief if his ears are hurting him. The downside is that this makes it heavy and greasy. I used it the first week with Mikey, but it seemed to really annoy him and he kept rubbing at his ears, trying to clean them, and licking his paws. My neighborhood pet store recommended Vetericyn, which is water-based and not as oily as well as being non-toxic. Yes, it is expensive, but one bottle will last you for a long, long time and you can use it on pretty much anything, including yourself. (I've even used it on a few cuts and scrapes of my own and have been impressed with how quickly it's healed vs. other stuff.) This seems to have worked much better for me and Mikey, but ECID and I figured I'm mention it as an option to consider if you keep having problems with him rubbing at his ears.

party_cat Go Ruben, Go! Earn another couple of reductions and get OTJ for Mommy, okay? :RAHCAT

18. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

just wanted to say, you did a FANTASTIC job last night Sam

Big thanks to marj and carl
    oh and BTW
    eff the bf.....lol all about ruben, should have been here when i needed him, he's just upset cause ill pick ruben over him and he's right. plenty of fish in the sea and now that i found here, i know there are guys who love their cats like me.

Carl is mine. so watch it babe right carl ;-)

J/K sam. a little thing carl and I have had going for awhile, right sweetie

19. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

lol you got it dian, I know my place :D
    he's all yours :D
    just this forum makes me aware of what is out there. Hope you don't mind if I borrow carl for support and advise, but i will keep my paws to myself...lol
    almost time for +10 reading
    see you at 5pm
    kapasa - thank you for the advise, tomorrow i'm gonna spend some time and start looking around here more. been so consumed with posting and ruben and trying to stay healthy myself that i havent really gotton to do the research i'd like. should have more time tomorrow

20. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396 320 +5 335 +10

335 +10
    say i miss the blood line but still get blood is that still ok?
    just now he bled on the outside of his ear, not sure if thats blood line blood, or just blood? does it make a difference by much? could of been blood line but could't say for sure.
    really praying not to have another night like last, for me ruben and the gang. but i will do what i have to for rubenhead

21. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

No real difference. In general, you want to aim for above the blood line (it's called the "Marginal Ear Vein"). If you get the blood line, it's not a big deal; it just bleeds a heck of a lot more than a capillary. What actually happens in the first two weeks is that your cat's ears start creating more of these capillaries, which is why ears start "bleeding better." I've also wondered if this might be part of the reason why they look so terrible when we all first start out testing....

22. Marje and Gracie

Sam

Try not to hit the vein. It bleeds a ton and can cause them to be more sore. I'm not sure if you had a chance to read my post on Testing and Shooting Tips but it has a picture of the ear and the best area to poke. You want to stay to the outer edge. Be sure you warm the ear really well without burning him.

So now it will be very interesting to see if he likes to drop off quickly at the end of the cycle. You don't need another test until PMPS so I'll check back with you then. Good job!

23. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396 +5 320 +10 335

:lol: :lol:
    Ive given ruben catswell talapia, turned his nose up, went got catswell chicken breast-nothing, got him pure ocean white fish- :lol: laughed at me, now got him beef liver and put it in his mouth spit it out. wtf is wrong with him lol what cat doesnt like those things..oh ruben, just want to make you happy-going broke doing it.

24. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396 +5 320 +10 335 pmps 357

pmps 357
    feeding
    shooting .5u < that right, right? I know it is just double triple checking?
    when does everyone think my next bg should be?
    please let it +5 or +6
    but what ever the gang says , im in

25. Marje and Gracie

Yes...shoot the .5u. How about a +3?

26. momsgirl2727

momsgirl2727 Member

I hope Rubens numbers are good for the pm reading. Awaiting the results..... nailbite_smile

27. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

+3 it is
    side note ruben isnt eating much, don't thinks its cause he doesnt feel good. he licks all the juice off but then wants me to break it into little bites for him, theres no way i can hand feed him when i go back to work
    should i leave his food out and assume when he's hungry enough he'll eat? i know to pull up around he +10
    he only ate about 1/4 can of wet (he's way under for the day- think he's just a carb junkie and isnt liking htis transition)

28. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Do you add water to his wet food? Try mashing it up with a bit of warm water into a gritty "milkshake" texture and see if that's more palatable for him.

29. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

great idea :D
    i will def try,
    should i leave food out for a bit?

30. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I usually leave it out. The extra water also helps keep it from drying out, which is especially good on the days I'm not home and have to use my timed feeder.

Just remember to pick up all food 2 hours before his next shot time as food can affect the pre-shot BG numbers.

31. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

thank you kpasa
    that stinkin pic of "angelo" lol gets me everytime. his little stinking head i could pop it off its soo cute.

32. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357

The techs at my vet keep threatening to steal him away. :lol: He was so adorable when he was a tiny kitten that it would bring me to tears sometimes. Now that he's getting bigger, he's becoming less adorable and more of just simply a really beautiful cat.

My new kitten, Henry, looks a lot like your Ruben. I especially love this pic of yours! I'm gonna have to pilfer that idea and get one with Mr. Henry in a bow tie. In fact, I think I have one around here somewhere from our old pet rabbit's Halloween costume (he was a magician one year and would pull my brother out of a hat).

33. Marje and Gracie

I'm so happy you visited Gracie's condo today!!

The green smiley face is used when the kitty's BG is below 100. It's a good thing! :D

34. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

so i know i said earlier that i thought ruben seemed ok today, but i take it back. i went in to double check on him (stir him up a bit) but when i wen to pick him up he cried a little like dont bother me. i took him out in the living room w me and he just lied down where i put him. :sad: sleepy and doesnt want to eat really, thought it was the transition of food but re thinking it.
    is it safe to say he feels that way due to the numbers? a big god bless you to all those that adopt DC? this isn't easy.
    hate to think he feels crappy, but i guess that why im on here, to help make him feel better.
    oh ruben-my sweet boy, let me take this from you

35. Re: 1/28 Ruben amps 396 320 +5

Well, Dian, I thought we had something special....that is, until you proposed to Mike like a dozen times! But I get it, now that BJ has gone OTJ, I guess we're "back on"? Nice to see you dear! :mrgreen:

36. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

ruben got up and ate a little -it's 1/2 hr b4 his test hope thats ok? he hasn't been eating much so im letting him, is this gonna skew the #'s a lot?

37. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

This is one of those times I usually go back and read this message from your cat. There could be a lot of reasons why this is happening, but it's most likely nothing; just him feeling crummy from bouncing and/or food change or just him being a cat. It's still a good idea to make a note of it and keep an eye on him to see if he improves, but I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

38. Marje and Gracie

Has he been eating enough food, drinking water? Did you check him for ketones today? Mplease let me know...this concerns me.

How was the conversation with your vet?

39. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Yes, listen to Marje. :D Make sure his ketones are okay first.

40. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357

Just like us people, they have good days and bad days, Sam. I'm guessing that it feels kind of odd going from high numbers to low number, back and forth. But with time, those swings will happen less often, and to a lesser degree. Today he's just having a blah day, but don't be too worried about it. At least he's giving you a break from stress today. :smile:

Carl

41. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357

Yes, I was wondering the same thing.... how'd the conversation with the vet go?

Carl

42. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

ugh, ok i'll wait til he goes to the bathroom, i hate this?
    feeling sick again, i cant help it, dont know how to conroll it.

43. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

convo went well, she gave me her e-mail and said to send her the stats. I said what you said marje and she agreed with the dose decrease. over all felt good about it.
    if he does have ketone-do i take him to vet asap?
    his breath didn't smell funny but i know that might not mean much.
    i was out for a while today, so didnt' notice water intake, but it has been less, it seems like by a lot. but cant say for sure.
    im going to be posting his +3 soon, hope he pee's soon

44. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

drinking24 Red wine and dark chocolate: two of nature's own anti-depressants. :lol:

45. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

I don't know about the ketones because Mikey hasn't had them yet (knock on wood). For water, since Ruben used to be on dry, you'll notice a decrease in his water intake because of this. If you add more water to his food (like I do) he might stop drinking water altogether. I never see Mikey drinking water any more and only rarely see Henry doing so, mostly because he likes playing with it.

46. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212

+3 212 < i have no idea any more, better number and not as rapid decline<thats good, he did he some about 20min ago tho
    Kpassa-thanks for the words, i need them, i honestly been a complete basket case since this. I wish i could get it under controll
    i constanly have that sinking pit in the bottom of my stomach. gulp ugh. im always a happy girl too. that annoyingly happy type too. this is not me
    when should i test next, also should i leave food out? he's supposed to eat 3 cans ff a day, id say he's gotton about 1 can in total

47. Marje and Gracie

He's coming down enough that I think you should get a +5. We're eating dinner but I will be back soon.

48. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

If no one more knowledgeable comes on, I would suggest at least getting a +4 since it'll give us some good data on how fast Ruben might drop. Mikey, for example, can drop around a 100 points in an hour as he's getting closer to nadir. For him, he's usually coming down off some high numbers so it's not too bad, but if he was reading a 212 and an hour later he was 112, that's usually when I prop him up a bit with LC food to ride through his nadir.

ETA: cross-post with Marje. ohmygod_smile

49. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

+5 it is
    thanks marje, makes a world of difference to know i can count on you being here for me. I need you.

50. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

only writing this to take my mind off of this terrible feeling....

If anybody goes to boothbay harbor maine, I bought a brick through city hall thats right on the harbor walkway it says "for my cat ruben" its funny cause it surrounded by couples or businesses names then right there in the midle is little rubens brick. also there is a tavern in wakefield called the muse tavern and on the wall is a dollar bill that says for my cat ruben, also i heard of this story where couples are painting there names on locks and locking them to bridges around the world....so i know someone who is building a house in hawaii and sure enough he took rubens lock there. theres a small ruben movement happining
    last thing if anyone plays x-box they can friend my name is RubenTheCat....funny cause when i play and i win people will yell rubens name..his little ears perk up. i have the whole world talking about him. i plan on getting a ruben tattoo with my income tax (this was before i found out he has diabetis)
    just love him so. im glad you guys get it and dont judge me.

51. Marje and Gracie

Ruben is world famous! I don't think anyone here is into judging. We all just want our cats regulated and in remission.

On the ketones, if you get a reading of "trace", let us know. If its more than that, you need to get him to the vet.

I'm hoping that it's just because his numbers are high but he still should be eating and drinking.

I will be here for your +5. :D

52. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212

30 minutes till we play "poke the kitty" :lol:

Carl

53. Marje and Gracie

I'm not gonna touch that one with a ten foot pole :lol:

54. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212

That's okay Marje, no 10 foot pole needed...

Just a lancet!

:lol:
    [​IMG]

55. momsgirl2727

momsgirl2727 Member

Its gonna be fine Sammy. Im just a phone call away if you need me.....

56. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

best laugh i had all day
    "poke that kitty gets me everytime" :lol: :lol: :lol:
    no signs of him getting up to pee at all but i have stix on table and am up for at least a while longer
    be back in 10min +5 reading -pray

57. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Hey, we all react differently to different types of crises and when it comes to our cats, there's no bad reaction except to perhaps do nothing. Don't worry yourself sick over it too much because Ruben needs you healthy and happy. You're doing fine and there are plenty of people here willing to help out any time day or night. You've got a great support base, including your mom! (Can I steal her, too? :lol: )

There's a saying I play through my head that helps me chill out sometimes: "Once is chance. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a pattern." So, whenever I see Mikey acting "off," I make a mental note to look out for it again and then basically ignore it the first time. The second time (when it's still a "coincidence"), I'll usually post here, asking about it. If no one has an answer, then if it happens a third time, I'd take him to the vet. So far, someone here has always has an answer. :D

And Carl, I like your new Bob Avatar. ;-)

ETA: By "off" I mean not his normal self, like sleeping too much or skipping a meal. I'm not meaning "off" as in "something is definitely wrong with him," like not moving from a spot or not eating all day.

58. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

+5 114 < hate this sinking feeling I get, its the worst
    this could be the nadir hopefully right?
    next test when?
    didnt even lift his little head up when i tested him. just got up stretched and layed back down tho, so some movement

59. Marje and Gracie

Is he eating? I'd really like you to be able to get some food in him. I also don't want to wait an hour before you test him again ESP if he's not eating.

If he's clearing a bounce, he could just keep coming down so we need to get him slowed down. Okey dokey?

Test in 30.

You got the clock Carl?

60. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212

To me, that sounds like good news.....like "what? another test? okay, whatever, Mom".

Carl

61. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

feed him ff classic or gravy lovers
    and yes test in 30 min
    thank you guys, could NOT do this without you

62. Marje and Gracie

Classic for now. Let's see if him bring mid cycle will help but keep the gravy lovers handy.

63. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

Got it!

Attached Files:

64. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

Sam

That would be in 15 minutes (12:30)

Carl

65. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

he wont eat even tried different flavor, he did eat about 20 min before his last bg
    nervous, what do i do?

66. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

How much, and was it low carb or gravy lovers?

67. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

Sam,

How much would you guess Ruben has eaten since this morning? Normal amounts, or a lot less?

68. Marje and Gracie

Can you syringe him? How about add water to make it mushy and put it on the roof of his mouth. Just be careful it doesn't ge shoved down his throat.

69. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

it was the classic he ate 20 min ago, i'd guess about a tbsp maybe?
    i jsut tried a new flavor of the classic and still no go

70. Marje and Gracie

Do you have any Parmesan cheese to sprinkle onit?

71. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

yes ill try now then test and post ill be 5min not even

72. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

OK, and then test him...it's just about time.

Carl

73. Marje and Gracie

Ok. Carl and I will be here...aging by the minute :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

74. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

Aging like fine wine, Marje!

75. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

nope wants nothing to do with food. tried the cheese too
    +5.5 115
    i'm nervous ( whats new ) lol but he does leem lathargic i thnk barley looked at his krinkle foil ball when i made the noise, but i could just be over thinking but i have no idea

76. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

+5.5 yes i have syringes should i do that based on this number? and how much or many syringes full he's gonna hate it but oh well if its gotta be done ill do it

77. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114

Well, the 115 is good.

I don't know, maybe trying too hard to get him to eat? If he continues, like till tomorrow morning, with showing little to no interest in food, then perhaps there's something up.

I never had to use an appetite stimulant with Bob. He's a little piglet. But there are some that people use.

78. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114 +5.5 115

side note- cant get my ss to do that 5.5 thing you were able to do marje it just goes off the chart and you cant see it?

79. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114 +5.5 115

Recap

PMPS 357 (.5u)
    +2 ~ 212
    +5 ~114 (ate one tbsp FF LC 20 minutes earlier)
    +5.5 ~ 115 (will not eat)

80. Marje and Gracie

He's fine for right now.

The thing that Ruben "seems" like he might do is come down a little later based on his cycles before last night.

Since he's at a safe number, how about just retesting in another 30 mins. If he's down, then we will have you syringe.

To fix the SS, put cursor in the block you want to color and click. Then go up to edit tools and click on the paint can looking tool. Choose the blue color. T the left, click on the "A" and select white.

We will be here for your test in 30 mins.

If he doesn't eat tonight and is not interested in the morning, he needs to see the vet.

81. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

when am i testing again? sorry guys for the no sleep. how can i repay you, do you guys ever get together or meet in person (((((fdmb)))))< those kind of hugs only go so far, wish i could wrap my arms around you so you could feel the appreciation

82. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114 +5.5 115

1 am, Sam
    14 minutes from now

83. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

sorry posted same time as you in another 30 got it

84. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +3 212 +5 114 +5.5 115

Occasionally, a group will have a get together. If you go to the Community Forum, there's another forum in there called "Reunion". They announce the meetings well in advance, and anyone is welcome to attend.

Carl

85. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

just peed ketones seemed negative ( hand was shaking not sure how much pee i got)
    glucose seem neg or at 100-200 was too busy counting for the ketones and lost track.

86. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

i got the color part in the ss but the number read likes this +5 114: +5.5 114 instead of +5 114 ;
    +5.5 115
    going to test brb nailbite_smile

87. Marje and Gracie

Here are some appetite enticers. The one I'd like you to try on him is if you have a few pieces of his old dry food....just a few. Make it into a powder and sorinkle it on his canned food.

88. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +5 114 +5.5 115 +6 104

+6 104
    really didnt like this test 2 growls (couldnt get the left to bleed 3x now on the right. ugh I will test nomatter what just need to vent aobut his discomfort, gotta ge out. :cry:
    marje- try i dont have a lot of the other things on that list ( since i dont have any animal products ) yogurt and parm cheese i did just pick up tuna for maple
    should i try crushing his kibble?

89. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +5 114 +5.5 115 +6 104

Yes, I'd try crushing a few bits of kibble.

The 104 is still okay. With the variance in the meter, he's just stayed level the last hour, not really dropping.

Carl

90. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

he just came onto my lap tried the parm food again wants nothing to do with food. i haven tried the kibble, tho dont want to move while hes withme but i will jsut say the word, test again when?

91. Marje and Gracie

Yes...try crushing his kibble and put it on his food. If that doesn't work, see I'd he will lick a couple tsps of the gravy. Let me know. And I hate to have you test him agin in 30 because he's ok right now. If you can get some food or gravy in him, how about we wait an hour. Can you do that?

92. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +5 114 +5.5 115 +6 104

PMPS 357 (.5u)
    +2 ~ 212
    +5 ~114 (ate one tbsp FF LC 20 minutes earlier)
    +5.5 ~ 115 (will not eat)
    +6 ~ 104 (still not wanting food)

93. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

im on it going to crush kibble ill be back
    THANK YOU < yes yelling to the top of my lungs for the world to hear, i know its late im sorry thankyou

94. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

nope tried kibble crushing and tried gl nothing
    is it possile just not hungry? or is gl irrasistable?
    this sucks

95. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

if i have to syringe feed do i stick it to the back of the throat and push fas like giving med? and how many full?

96. Marje and Gracie

Well...I don't know. Every cat really is different and you know him. Is this like him or not?

I might syringe some gravy in him...just a little unless you think he will eat on his own. I just want you to not be up all night worrying about numbers so it would be good if we can get him up. He's super safe right now....gorgeous numbers.

97. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

he's a grazer and im not sure abou his eating habits, just eats when he wants, the only hting he goes crazy for is frisky treats and theonly ones i have are like 5yrs old, but i will try a tiny piece to see if he's jsut not hungry or being picky, im fine staying up all night, anything fo rruben, i feel bad for you guys thanks for the re assuance for the numbers need that
    i do think he doesnt feel the greatest, but im so crazy i couldnt say for sure maybe just tired, gut says hes off slightly

98. Re: 1/28 Ruben pmps 357 +5 114 +5.5 115 +6 104

No. You first would try just wetting his lips with the gravy from the syringe. If that doesn't work, try squirting a little bit into his mouth, but not back in the throat.
    You want him to "want it".
    Carl

99. RubenTheCat

RubenTheCat Member

in the morning, if he doesnt eat, take him to vet?
    do i shoot? thniking not, but not sure?
    will you or carl be here....it 7am my time gasp(early)
    i put the gravy on his lips w my finger and he licked it then smelled can then said nope walked away, he does not want to eat
    when am i testing next?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.