1/3 Blackie AMPS-419,+4.25-344,+6-356,PMPS-437,+3-355

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Team Blackie (GA), Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

1/2 Condo

Going back to school tomorrow morning so if I have to do a BCS dose do I bring it down by 1/4 or 1/2 unit? I don't want to delay his shots and re-test him on school days so I need to act fast since I won't have time. I'm going to a school thats closer and I won't be there all day like last semester. I'll be out between +2 and +7.

+5.5 (After PM Shot) = 306

2. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Blackie AMPS-419,+4.25-344,+6-356

Hello,

If this is of any comfort to you, a lot of us work all day and are gone, speaking for myself from +1 to +10.
    BCS - it depends..... Sorry, I can't help you really with that. I would say that the typical range is between 0.25 and 0.50 yes... however, not only every cat is different, but remember that the shed is still there. This means that the BCS affects the current dose yes, however, maybe not as much as you'd expect it. I'm no expert on the matter, but my point is "don't forget about the shed".

Per your SS, I think you are still OK with respect to AM doses for a little while. Am thinking that the magic dose hasn't been found yet. Also.... most cats start getting better numbers in the evening first too, so if you are home in the evening, that's a good time for you to collect data. Remember how you may have gotten "pestered" to get evening data.... well, you might just get pestered some more.

Continue to get data when you can so Blackie's dose can be adjusted properly and hopefully get regulated soon.
    Good luck with school.

3. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

His nadir seems to be between +5 and +6....can your mom test him at that time to see where he's at and feed hc, mc or lc depending on that reading???

If she is also not at home during the day, and if you're out from +2 to +7, can you maybe move the shot time forward 2 hours so you are gone from 0 to +5 and home for the nadir???

I often wonder how you guys who have to leave every day can stand the worry of what's happening at home. I had to wait until I retired to try Levenir for Morris....and I still worry!

4. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

I guess my mom could do it but it all depends on her schedule. She has done a few tests but she gets easily frustrated and gives up too easily when tings don't go well so I do all the testings. If I move up the shot time then I won't be able to make it to school on time. We've been moving back the shot times the past few weeks and are finally on schedule.

For the past two months I've had to miss a lot of school and nearly failed all of my classes. I had quit my job as well so I could look after the cat. Now I hardly have money and have to get a student loan to buy his testing supplies. Since his diagnosis its been nothing but anger and frustration every single day and to be honest, I've lost all hope for regulation or remission. I had to leave a great university to go to some cheap third rate college close to home. I'm sick and tired of worrying about the cat 24/7 and I don't have much of a life now. I had plans of travelling overseas to find a job in a few years but I guess I can forget about that. Yeah I'm not too happy about any of this.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

let's see where he goes tonight, tonight will be cycle 6.

lots of people here travel with their cats (camping, even sailing!), and Heather/Jasper moved overseas with her cats. And if you start looking early, you can find a good petsitter to help with the times you can't be around. It is priceless to already have someone lined up and trained so you can go when you need to go. Sure it costs a little bit, but it gives you freedom with your life.

6. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry you've given up so much and things have been hard. You can do this!

Agree with Libby, see if you can find a pet sitter to help.

7. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Re: 1/3 Blackie AMPS-419,+4.25-344,+6-356,PMPS-437

We're moving it up to 4.75 units tomorrow morning. Bunch of bs.

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Blackie AMPS-419,+4.25-344,+6-356,PMPS-437

Good luck tomorrow with your new dose. I hope 4.75u makes a big difference for Blackie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.