1/3 Jan and Buddy AMPS 548 YIKES +3 509 +4 453

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jan and Buddy, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Well looks like he will be high numbers for awhile. Going to go buy a plastic cat proof container for dry food!!!!!! grr_red

In case anyone is wondering: I feed the dry to all my (8) feral cats.

Jan

2. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Sheesh...what a start to the day! grumpy_cat At least his numbers are going in the right direction.
    Keep your nose in your own food bowl Buddy!!

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Buddy! Behave yourself! Don't you know your mama is trying to help you?

Maybe a jar with a screw on lid? Or one like a trash can that has the handles that flip over and make into latches? Or a big metal vault with a padlock? :lol:

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I have always been amazed at how smart and inventive raccoons can be to get at stuff, and many cats would shock you at their brilliance. You truly have to kitty proof your home, just like you would baby proof your home for toddlers.

I used to have the dry food for Booboo in their original bags and they were in a cupboard under the sink. The handles on the doors were the C-shape kind where you could use them as a place to hang towels. Unwise idea, the towels.

I would catch Booboo standing up, grabbing the towel, and pulling on it to open the cupboard. And if there was no towel, she would hook her nails on the edge of the door and keep pulling till the door opened and stayed open. I knew what she was doing because I could hear from the other room a little series of bang-bang-bang's as she pulled it part way but it would close on her.

Booboo didn't want anything in the cupboard; she just wanted the door open!
    I watched her do it. Once the door was open, she would give a quick look-round the inside, then walk off to some other place in the apt.

I now keep the dry food in a plastic container with a screw on top and put that container inside a big drawer alongside all the heavy cans of Shadoe's lo-carb food. That drawer must weigh more than Booboo and Shadoe together.

Booboo no longer opens any cupboards; the novelty wore off or she could no longer look at the bags of her food, so she stopped.

Jan, where do you keep the dry food now, and how was Buddy able to 'help himself'? All you have to do now, is think like raccoons and kitties to find the solution!

5. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

I have to keep dry on hand for my Cancer Kitty, he won't anything but dry. Its been fun trying to find a place that Azrael can jump to for eating that Jasper can't get to :roll:

hope the carb high clears soon for Buddy!

6. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/3 Jan and Buddy AMPS +4 453

Thanks All,

Libby: What are your thoughts on giving a little R at +6. I would only do it for today, cause I go back to work tom. Or should I just let it ride itself out???

My fault: I have the bags in a closet with acorrdian like doors, so he must be getting his paw in there just enough to pull it open for him to slip in. I should have gotten a different container a long time ago! grr_red

Diffently learned my lesson!!

Libby: What are your thoughts on giving a little R at +6. I would only do it for today, cause I go back to work tom. Or should I just let it ride itself out???

7. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/3 Jan and Buddy Try R

Does anybody think I should shoot a little R at +6??????

8. Libby and Lucy

hang on...

9. Libby and Lucy

Re: 1/3 Jan and Buddy Try R

ok, here are some things I see...

* Buddy is VERY sensitive to even small doses of R - he has gone from pink to green on 0.1u (11/20) and that was on a smaller Lantus dose

* Buddy's numbers ARE high today, but they are already coming down

* Buddy started a new dose yesterday, so we have some NDW in effect and that could clear at any time (often on the 3rd or 4th cycle)

* Buddy probably ate some dry food, and we don't know how long that could take to clear.

* Buddy was yellow in the first cycle of this dose, without any R.

* Last time Buddy was on this Lantus dose, he got lots of green without R, so it is reasonable to think he could head back there again.

Those are the facts that I see. You can decide what to do, you know what you are comfortable with and your ability to monitor.

eta: of course I haven't used R, these are my observations based on your spreadsheet and watching others who have used it.

10. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

Re: 1/3 Jan and Buddy AMPS +9 400

Thanks Libby for your observation.

I kinda was thinking the same thing as far as him coming down on his own. I had to leave anyway so would not have given R without being able to monitor. I'm pretty sure he did get in the dry maybe even 2 x's. (Bad Momma grumpy_cat ) So will see what the next cycle or 2 brings.
    Thanks for your input, always appreciated, and I love having a second opinion!!!

Jan

11. Jan and Buddy

Jan and Buddy Member

1/3 Jan and Buddy PMPS 431

Guess were going to see Red for a few days??? ohmygod_smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.