1/3 Mannie AMPS 214, AMPS +8 384. food ??

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

We are very happy with yesterdays bloos, not too happy with the 384 I just got. We seem to be bouncing somewhat... ?? And what is up with that....

I think too I need to try and cutback on the amount he is getting at each feeding, as this poor kitty is getting fat - probably not a good thing. i use 5 oz cans, feed anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 can each feeding, larger quantity is a shoot time. occasional fresh chicken at bean meal time. food is available every four hours. so - will try and shave some, and keep the testing going to make sure he is still getting what he needs. opinion anyone?

last condo 1/1/10: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=818

WCR: one happy dude: flip_cat

RECAP:
    1/2/10
    pmps 350
    pmps +2 290
    pmps +5 224
    1/3/10
    amps 214
    amps +1 253
    amps +8 384

2. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Hi! Hope you had a great week off!

Chloe's a bit on the round side, so I'd be a bad one to offer any advice about food!

Nice bloos yesterday!

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

sometimes i think being on the round side is part of the game. :D Just thought i might see if i can do something about it without causing more problems. :roll:

yep sure did like those bloos - it is nice to have them show up more often - phew!! we seem to be done (paws crossed!!) with those truly ugly reds.

thanks - had a GREAT week off. i could get used to this....

chloe seems to be doing OK. yes ?? :RAHCAT

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

let's see a little more blue, Mannie! (ok, a lot more blue would be nice)

I'm not a good one to talk about reducing food, except to say that I really wish I had paid more attention to Lucy's weight gain because I let it get ahead of me and now she is very overweight. What I have seen recommended is to just scoop a little spoonful out of each meal before feeding it, so maybe they won't notice. You don't want to reduce by too much at a time, slow and steady.

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

thanks - that is the approach we are taking - one missing scoop at feeding time - slow and steady. he used to be lean, now looks like a butterball, a happy butterball. :lol: we will see how this goes, as i really don't want to cut back too much too quickly and end up with a kitty in trouble. he still eats all and everything, licks the plate clean, dances for his dinner. i love this smiley: :dizcat it is mannie at dinner time. dance dance, zzzzz....., no dizzy, just zzzzzzzzz.

he's trying for those blues - still got more pinks at pmps +2, but coming down some.

6. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

decreasing the food gradually sounds like a good plan!
    hope mannie slides into a nice amps...

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

thanks, as do i. sliding down with 287 at pmps +5, and out of the pinks.

no complaints so far on the food cutback, lots of meowing and preening afterwards, then the nap. the life of a cat - ya gotta love it. now if his numbers will hold steady on a little less food and not dosedive that would be really great.

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

As long as you decrease the food intake slowly like you are doing, then the numbers should stay steady. It's when you start removing large amounts at a time, or eliminating feeding times that were once there that problems can occur, at least in my experience.

Sending many blue vines for tomorrow. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.