1/3 Molly amps 425

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

So much for my last post -the 'yay, finally lowered numbers'. Today's amps was 425! So frustrating! I just want to help the poor girl and yet i'm like a mouse running on a wheel - not going anywhere :( Stay the course or drop the dose down?

Hope all your kitties are doing better and you're able to stay warm. How cold is it near you? It's about 12f degrees here with a winter weather advisory in effect due to the wind.

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Did you get any spot checks in yesterday? SS is not updated? Well, too soon to tell if this higher BG is just that first reaction to a higher dose or not - wait, she has been at 2.5u for a few days now hasn't she?

Read, and re-read the somogyi rebound page on wiki. http://petdiabetes.wikia.com/wiki/Somogyi_rebound There are just some things about her numbers that says rebound to me.

And this is from that wiki page:

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Dose reduction questions

Yeah sorry about not having an updated ss - it just dawned on me. A lot of the time (most of the time) i record it in the notebook i keep but then forget to actually add it on to the spreadsheet.

I am thinking of reducing the dose and conducting a rebound check. When i read the wiki on rebound, i fear some of it sounds like Molly is being described. I will reduce the dose tonight. Now i just need to figure out how much. Half? She's currently receiving 2.5u - should i administer 1.5u? In your opinion, does that sound like an appropriate amount?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated my lev using friends.

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

update

but there is definitely movement - and nice movement. Just got the +6...

1/3
    amps 425
    +4 260
    +6 172

Will check at +7.5.

See now this goes against everything in my last post. Jeesh, i am never this wishy-washy about stuff!! Poor Molly!

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Ack! 425?! Good thing you're getting numbers today. Let's see how her cycle plays out. Please get +9 or +10 if you can. Have we established an approximate nadir time for her?

6. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Okay, this looks great...

1/3
    amps 425
    +4 260
    +6 172
    +8 145

she's eating now, will get the +10 as well.

I really think Molly is nadir-less. Impossible i know but her lowest # changes all the time. We call her many things but consistent is clearly not one of them!

7. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

1/3
    amps 425
    +4 260
    +6 172
    +8 145
    +10 172

We started out lousy but it was actually a great day for her number-wise. Guess we'll be sticking to the 2.5u for now.

8. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

1/3
    amps 425
    +4 260
    +6 172
    +8 145
    +10 172
    pmps 222

Keeping fingers crossed :YMPEACE: Oh, that's not a pic of fingers crossed is it? Keeping fingers crossed and saying PEACE.

9. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Peace, man.

OK, nice numbers. I am zeroing in on that PS which is about half of the am one. Any way you can get a +7 spot check in tonight, or maybe even a before bed one would tell you if she is headed low.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.