1/3 Six's AMPS 333, +9 377, PMPS 359, +3 293

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Six, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Good Morning Lantus Land!

Steady Freddy reporting to ya...

Yesterday's condo

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=852

It's BTB for me!

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Six's AMPS 333

Who's Freddy? :lol:

Come on down to yellow Six!

Have a good BTB Amy!

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm wondering whether there's room for a dosecrease. Hopefully, some of the more experienced eyes will be able to offer some input.

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I think newbies could hold the dose 5-7 days before a dose increase, if I'm not mistaken--Let's see some other suggestions-OK? confused_cat

5. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Nice numbers...and I'm heading btb too...thanks again for last night's help, Amy. I very much appreciated it...

Best-
    Michele

6. Amy and Six

I'm holding off on a dose increase for the moment. Need more strips in the house before I can do that. I also feel more comfortable holding for the 7 days, unless I hear reasons why that might not be advisable. Will also be consulting with my vet Mon or Tues.

He is doing quite well and if the numbers didn't show it, you wouldn't know this guy had higher BG numbers. :D

If you had one time to test him before PMPS, what time would you suggest? Would have to be +4 and out...already missed the chance at the earlier times.

7. Amy and Six

Re: 1/3 Six's AMPS 333, +9 377, PMPS 359 - questions?

Why didn't anyone warn me it would take ALL DAY of stalking Six to test for keytones? It forced me to grade papers, something I despise doing. grumpy_cat FYI - No keytones.

Ok, I said in previous posts that I was going to hold off on a dose increase, but I want to see what others think. Numbers were creeping up today - not quite so steady as the past couple of days. I am assuming my vet is going to say increase to 1.5 as of tomorrow night.

Today is Day 5 of dose increase from 1.0 to 1.25.
    Previously, 12 Days on 1.0 (throw the holidays and being out of town and there was no way to increase sooner)

I might be forced to wait on the dose increase until his new strips arrive (Alpha Trak), but they will most likely arrive tomorrow.

Q1 - Should we hold for a full 7 days before an increase?

Q2 - If I decide to increase mid-week, how concerned should I be that Six would be unsupervised from +1.5 - +10.5 during the day? We return to work tomorrow. I am assuming his numbers are high enough that I shouldn't worry too much about him dropping too low on a 1.5 dose. Wrong assumption?

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/3 Six's AMPS 333, +9 377, PMPS 359 - questions?

according to: http://www.tillydiabetes.net/en_6_protocol2.htm

"Alternatively, if the cat is continuously producing moderately elevated BGs (nadir always >=200 mg/dl), increase the dose every 2-3 days by 0.25 IU ( if the cat is getting a low dose) or 0.5 IU (if the cat is getting a higher dose)."

I personally never like to recommend a dose increase while there is a significant time change going on (because even though you were only moving by 15 minute increments, doing that many *could* create a little extra overlap). If you are finished with your time shift and you are able to monitor, you can do an increase when you are ready. Many people prefer to do their dose increases in the evening when they will be home.

9. Amy and Six

a surprising drop into the yellows. yay.

thanks for the info! will let u know when we start the increase. good night LL friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.