1/3 Tori AMPS 266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Barb and Tori, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Hi everybody and Happy New Year! I've been away for a few days but it looks like a lot has been happening. First of all I want to say how much I appreciate all the good council I have been given here on the Board over the last 4 1/2 years. (you notice I didn't use the "a" word.) Especially the last year has been so difficult with Tori almost dying back In Oct"08 from the pancreatitis and septicemia and then having to go back on insulin after 2 1/2 years in remission. Those of you here in Lantus Land have truly been my angels. Without the Team Tori would probably not be lying on the couch right now watching Tree House with my grand baby. IN fact I know she wouldn't be. Please don't ever stop doing what you do so very well. Our kitties depend on you. All my love and respect go out to you.

Well Tori has been on the 1.25 dose now since Dec 29th and is doing OK. She's only seen pink twice and that was in the first day or so. It's been pretty well all yellow with the occasional blue thrown in. Really I would like to see her a bit lower but at least she's not bouncing around all over the place like she is prone to do. As I have said before my primary goal for Tori is keeping her below the Renal Threshold which is around 250. I think for her that is the most realistic goal AS I'm sure her pancreas suffered a great deal of damage when she was so ill and with the CP . Anything else is just icing on the cake and we will continue to try for tighter control of her sugars.

WCR- She's a happy little girl and that is what's most important right? She's really enjoyed having the Christmas tree up so she can go under it and enjoy so privacy. I almost hate to take it down but every time I look at it I picture Tiga curled up in its branches sleeping like he used to love to do. A very bittersweet memory.

I'll be around more now I think. Have a good day everybody. Will hopefully figure out how to transfer everything over in the next day or so.

Barb and Tori and civies Rocky and Malachi and my beloved Tiga (GA)

2. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Barb. Glad to hear Tori is doing well.

:YMHUG:

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

thanks Barb. :smile:

I'm glad to hear Tori is holding steady. That's a great feeling, when you get them to where they're easy to manage in a comfortable range.

4. Barb and Tori

Barb and Tori Well-Known Member

Re: 1/3 Tori AMPS 266; +6~255; PMPS 292

Well she certainly has held steady all day. Just wish it was a bit lower. Will see what tomorrow brings. I may consider boosting her up a bit again.

Hope every body has had a good day. I guess most people will be heading back to work tomorrow. Rest well everyone. I hope your kitties dream in blues and greens.

5. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Yes! :D

I know exactly what you mean by icing on the cake. It is, and we celebrate each day. In the big scheme of things, the diabetes sometimes has to take the back burner.

Not bouncing around is a pretty fantastic thing. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.