1/4 Buster- PM+6/312- AMPS 259- PMPS 328

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bustercat, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bustercat

Bustercat Member

:coffee: first, then shoot.

Is bouncing a part of NDW, or is it separate? I am thinking the yucky pink in the middle of the night was part of the bounce from that beautiful green... but the dose is still pretty new... confused_cat

Wish I'd be home to monitor him today. He is draining his water dish at the moment. If I have time, I'll try to stop by for a +4 on my lunch.

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1037

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 Buster- PM+6/312

I'm so confused...lol what time is it for u? are u due for AMPS?
    sorry - I only had half a coffee and it's wearing out just now lol

3. Bustercat

Bustercat Member

Re: 1/4 Buster- PM+6/312

:D I posted just after 7am. I shoot at 8, or as close to it as possible :roll: . I'll get the amps in 20. I could almost use another cup this morning too.

4. Bustercat

Bustercat Member

Re: 1/4 Buster- PM+6/312- AMPS 259

This is lower than his amps of 289 when he hit green yesterday. I am really gonna try to swing by for a +4 on my lunch, otherwise I might stress all day.

Crazy cat!

5. Bustercat

Bustercat Member

He must have dropped low again today. I wasn't able to swing by for a check. DH was home around +6 or +7 (but he doesn't test kitty)... I called for a status check, and kitty was snoring away.

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hope Buster is out of the pink by the time you get home!
    Maybe sneak a sleep check (I dread them here too :mrgreen: ) this evening..

7. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

A bounce and NDW are two separate things, but they can possibly occur at the same time if conditions are right.

NDW explanation from Tilly says:

Many cats will occasionally react to an increased dose with increased BGs - within the first 2 to 3 days after an increase, usually lasting for less than 24 hours. Nobody really knows what the reason for this phenomenon is (perhaps a "panicky liver"?) - hold the dose and ignore the fluctuations.

A bounce is just a reaction to a number lower than the kitty is used to, or a drop that is fast, or a drop that is a large range (like from 400 to 40). It is part of the liver training that kitties have to pass through.

I hope that helps. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.