1/4...Elmo update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Beth 73, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I believe that's called "operator error".....LOL

2. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Hear u, girlfriend , hear u loud and clear !!! My eyes start growing together in the middle after a whileo_O....FYI, I ordered different syringes ( same as those I started out with from my vet..ulticare vetRx brand).. we shall see....my question to you is , what did we do with all our free time pre feline diabetes ????!!!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Beth 73

That's some Ozarkian humor for ya :). Hey, Chris, we finally have some snow coming. Think u all up there may get a bit more than us just a little further south..I'm excited for a little snow :):cat:

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

We slept in on our days off and vacations!!! I was off for 18 days and did not get to sleep in for ONE day! That's a little sore subject for me still....:facepalm:

Beth 73 likes this.
  5. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Yes, that's probably true. I'll own that!:oops::rolleyes:

Beth 73 likes this.
  6. Beth 73

I know...I'm excited and little nervous. Elmo took such a dip last night that the Jedi Council( Chris, Mogs , Kris and Linda) all agreed I should skip the vetsulin tonight . That's why I am so amazed by you , handling all of Ozzy's needs and holding down a high power job...mercy, girl, you be Wonder Woman :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Me too!! I just hope it's not like every other time they've predicted snow in the last year and we end up with nothing!! We literally got only a dusting all winter last year and have only had a light dusting so far this year (which was gone by mid-morning)

It would also give me a great excuse not to go up to Jefferson City tomorrow (on a "lake road") to get my boob smashed again (6 month re-check) ;)

8. Ozzy Pawzbourne

I know! I felt/still feel exactly the same. The change is scary... But we were not on vestulin as long as Elmo. I just know it wasn't working well for him. TBH...no one just came out and said flatly you should switch the insulin you are on. After reading through MANY threads on this site, I saw this advice had been given in the past to others, but also some folks discouraged folks from saying this to newbies since we are still getting our heads wrapped around a cat with FD, all the shots, ear pokes, SSs...it's really overwhelming and you are drinking knowledge from a firehose. But there were subtle comments made by folks so I "got" the hint and switched, and I am really glad I did. It has only been a few days, but I honestly think this insulin is safer because it doesn't cause such rapid and scary drops in BG. Only time will really tell for our ECID kitties.
    Ha! Love this! And don't these amazing women truly deserve this title! :D
    Definitely not a wonder woman here....just a regular ole' gal who loves her little sweeties and wants to do the best I can for them. I was devastated when I learned of Ozzy's DM Dx after finding out he also was in DKA. Just devastated. Vet told us he had a very poor prognosis. We honestly thought we were going to loose him. I cried for days and spent hours at the pet hospital every single day...just sick with concern. I am still so upset and disappointed with myself that we didn't feed him properly. Not sure if you knew some of our backstory, but Ozzy was always a fat kittie...he was so cute as a little pumpkin and we didn't mind...but he is getting older and we started worrying he might get DM so we put him on a diet. When he started losing weight...we thought GREAT...the diet is working. We had no idea he gotten DM along the way and almost died from it. I still will never forgive myself for being so neglectful and just not doing the right thing. I feel so awful.... our kitties are indoors only and rely 100% on us for their nutritional needs. I just keep feeling like we failed them someway.... I also honestly think somehow/someway that us putting him on a diet and switching his food somehow kicked off the DM. He was FINE before....or maybe he was a ticking time bomb...we will never know. I guess it doesn't matter...we are where we are now...taking it one step/paw at a time.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  9. Beth 73

Ok so now you are making me belly laugh :joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:. We r a crazy, wonderful bunch on here for sure !!! Prayers for good report in case you do go for ur boob smashery :) .....not a fun way to spend the day:(

Kris & Teasel and Critter Mom like this.
  10. Beth 73

Jo, do not blame yourself...can eat u alive. We had similar story with Elmo..was put on Science Diet yd crap food for thyroid...expensive stuff we fed him for 3 years, full of carbs( can't help but think the high carb content didn't bring on the FD)...then, as Ozzy, went thru serious DKA in July...vet gave him 40% chance of making it ....like u I went every day , left him old sweatshirts so he had my scent on it...he looked pitiful...guess that's why high numbers freak me out more than the lows......but, it is what it was and now we r here, surrounded by the best help on the planet and making new , kindred spirit friends :bighug::)

Kris & Teasel and Critter Mom like this.
  11. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Ell. Oh. Ell.

:D

Mogs

12. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

OMG this place makes me laugh out loud so often!!! :woot::D:p:):smuggrin:

Critter Mom likes this.
  13. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

You have all just sent me into laughing fits here (except for the boob smashing - OUCH! (((Hugs Chris!))) and the looks I am getting from the kitty brigade are priceless and making me laugh even more! animated-laughing-image-0110.gif

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. Beth 73

ha! we all share a rather UNIQUE sense of humor:):):):):):):):):joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful:...aint it grand :rolleyes:

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.