1/4 Logan AMPS 349, +4 332

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1102

Logan is eating a little better today. He eats just a bit of anything offered so he's got quite the spread out. Whatever it takes to get food into him! Washing lots of plates, though.

If we do the endoscopy, she can do it tomorrow. Surgery can be done on Wed. We're leaning towards the surgery so they can get a biopsy of his liver, pancreas, intestines and stomach. It will be the most thorough route. I still have some final questions so the answers may change our minds! I hate putting him through the surgery, but I want to be sure we cover everything. We don't want to miss anything. I'm really hoping and praying this is not cancer.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad he ate a little better today... ((Kelly))
    We are adding our hopes and prayers to yours...I hope that whatever those answers are will help
    you find peace with your decisions whatever that might be....you are really giving so much thought
    to this, as it should be, and I know that it isn't something you want to have to be doing , of course...
    I wish it was a different scenario....please keep us updated if you can...
    much love and many hugs to ((Logan boy)) and to ((you))

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

((Kelly)) sending prayers for the operation and for ((Logan))

4. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

(((Kelly))) I know it is a difficult decision. Sending you many vines of strength.

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Whatever you decide, it will be what you know is best for Logan. Sending vines.

6. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 Logan PMPS 337

He ate fairly well through out the day, but now he's back to not wanting to eat. I'll try again later.

We've decided to do the surgery so we know for sure what we're dealing with. They'll get a biopsy of his liver, stomach, intestine (duodenum & jejunum), and probably his pancreas, too. The endoscopy would only get shallow samples of his stomach and duodenum. They're going to put in a stomach tube in case his eating gets worse after the surgery. I don't want him to have a tube, but it's probably for the best. It'll have to be in for at least two weeks. Anyone have experience with this?

I'm so scared for him, right now. I'm a mess! I'm terrified of the surgery and what they may find. Please pray for my little baby. If he was older, I probably wouldn't put him through this, but he's not yet 6 so I feel like I need to do everything possible to ensure he has the best chance at a full recovery.

7. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

(((Kelly))). You are doing what you have to do. Many here have had feeding tubes. I can remember Max, he was so sick, Lynne calls him the miracle kitty. Hang in there. Thoughts, prayers, Reiki vibes, white light and a snowflake blizzard on its way to you and Logan. Breathe, try and relax. You can do this!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.