1/4 LOOSE LIPS: rivers & bones, and beaches with swings....

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

b]Good Morning LL!! [/b] :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: (Ahhhhhh.... elixir! Thanks Elsa~), and Happy Catmint Caturday!
    LL! It's is I, Elsa, Lil BIT, KBP, president and CEO of Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! GUESS WHAT! Paw Prints Pizza is open and ready for business! They are running a Caturday Catnip special today, in honor of Catmint Caturday - lots of nip in those pies! They have even used their signature nip cheese. :cool: Best order early! so. well. anyways. :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Coffee time! For today, I proudly offer Elsa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and Double shot espressos, with beans from deep within the mountain slopes of Africa, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: a venti quad peppermint white chocolate mocha, with peppermint infused whip, garnished with peppermint candy chips and white chocolate shavings... It is my bean's fav! SWEET! OH! No worries, a dollop of peppermint and vanilla and chocolate and caramel swirl ice cream, on top of a dollop of fudge, sprinkled with peppermint chips and a chocolate caramel drizzle.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....... mega good! TJ's dunking cookies and Cronuts too!

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. It was a good one here yesterday. I enjoy our mornings here before we all get so busy and take off for the day,. The boys will play together, well Nicholas will show William how to do things, and give him toys to play with. Yesterday it was balls and blocks. It really is kinda cute. He is then off to do his thing. Every day he makes me drawings, which we post on the frig door. I no longer have a frig, I have a Nicholas art gallery! :cool: Breffis continues to be a highlight. Nicholas loves his waffles, bacon and fruit. Cherries continue to be part of the berry lineup. William so wants some, but the poor guy is stuck with his pureed Apples. Nicholas gave him a taste of his bacon. William wasn't too sure what to make of that, and back to the apples. :lol: We had a great day, eventually heading out to the Skykomish River. Here's what I wrote last night about the day: "Hi everyone! Thanks for the visits today. The boys and I had such a great day. Rivers and beaches, trains (!), fishing, all the good things any two boys could want. We decided to do Gold Bar, they had a window in the morning where it was supposed to be sunny. Little guy wanted to go swim, so it took some convincing to have him decide to wait on that, I really hated to waste what was predicted tio be another sunny day, Besides, none to watch William anyways.... so we get there and it's hailing. Sheshhhh! short lived, but he had fun with that. Nicholas has, since the salmon were spawning, nicknamed the Skykomish at the spot in Gold Bar the stinky fish river, due to all the dead ones we found up in the sand. Today he went in search of them, and amazingly he remembered where the bulk of them were last trip: which boulder they were stuck under, which nook, which cranny. Of course the fish have long gone, but he did find bones. That made his day. He decided he needed to return those bones to the river, so he did. Somehow that was just really cool. We met a guy there that was fishing, steelhead are running now I guess. Anyways he asked Nicholas if he liked the fish, and Nicholas told him all about the stinky fish and the bones etc. I loved that two. Those two guys had the coolest conversation about fish. It was a very good time there for him. We stayed maybe 2 hours until he was tired. Rather than head home, knowing that Juanita Beach Park was due for full sun in the afternoon, I headed there, let the boys nap while I drove. We had a great time there too: swings and slides, and sandy beaches with a very cool sunset. Nicholas pretended he was fishing. William was wide eyed watching the water, and his bro on the swings. He told me it was how the man had told him to do it. That was cool: he had a stick, and fished he did. I sent him home, sound asleep in his seat. William too. I hope he can sleep well tonight. What a great day. :cool:"

Normalcy in MusketeerVille!! :cool: :cool: :cool: It is oddly quiet here this morning. This really has become the norm every Caturday. Well, I won't complain. They were good kitties yesterday. Lola was Lola, made up for all that resting in the morning with several marathon runs in the evening. Oddly enough she really does not seem to miss the tree. It's like "out of sight, out of mind", and she is very much Into the moment. No tree, no issues. So.... We will see what she take up next. So far she has left my plants alone too. :shock: Fancy that! Is this the new Lola???? Why do I doubt that.... Bug and Elsa continue to be Bug and Elsa. Elsa is such a wonderful senior cat, very affectionate in her old age. Bug is just one mellowed out dude. That aspect so reminds me of Mannie. Both he ad Elsa curled up on my lap last night. She was on one side, he the other, and they were both falling off, finally settled for half on, half off. :lol: :lol: Silly cats. Lola was too busy running to notice. Hmmmmm....
    Normalcy in MusketeerVille!!

Have a great day everyone. it is a for sure catch up day here: shopping, errands, laundry and some cleaning. And recovery time. I thoroughly enjoyed having both boys these past days, but need some regroup time. :lol: :lol: So that shall be today. That and an afternoon walk, to the shore I hope, if there is time. YaHOO! I also will send a few hours at Erin and Jason's, to watch Nicholas and William while mom and dad go to the movies, have lunch together, Woot! more time with the boys. YaHOO even more!

KITTIES! Remember: think BLUE, think GREEN!! cat_pet_icon

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/4 LOOSE LIPS: rivers & bones, and beaches with swings.

I'm glad you got to get out somewhere yesterday. It sounds like Nicholas had a great time. Have fun with the boys today. I hope you can fit a walk in.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning Carla :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Me too on yesterday - it was such a great time out and about. He did! The day was full of things he loves, so good to go. :cool: Will do on today. and me too on that walk, I hope there will be time. :D

4. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

It sounds like another great day out! Cool on the fishing lessons! I was wondering if Nicholas was interested in fishing w/ a all the time he spends on the rivers !

Waiting to see what Lola comes up w/ next!

5. Pam & Hoot

Pam & Hoot Well-Known Member

Good Morning Michelle,
    Sounds like another fun filled Friday :lol:
    How cool Nicholas got to learn to fish.
    You are certainly in the best place for it!
    Glad to hear Lola isn't missing the tree.
    She will just move on to her next big adventure :lol:
    And very nice of Bug and Elsa to surround you with cuddles last night ♥
    Happy Caturday Michelle and enjoy your walk!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Morning Everyone! For ll my friends in the east cost and midwest - stay warm! I cannot believe how cold it is there....

Hi Ann :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: yupp, we had a good time. It will be interesting to see if that is one of the things he pursues: fishing. He sure was interested yesterday. I had hoped the guy would have caught something while we were there, but nope! I so know on Lola.... so far, all remains as it is. Grocery bags were the ticket today. :lol: :lol:

HI Pam :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: yes, it was busy, but fun. he really did pay attention to what hat guy was doing, watched him fish for a while. Learned a little about bait too: this guy was using shrimp. :cool: Ans yes on the location - they get lot of fish in that river. Further upstream near Index was where we went when the Chinook/pinks were running. In that section he could wade in, and the fish were swimming past his feet. Really cool. Me too on Lola, so now we wait to see what that next adventure is. :roll: ;-) THX on today - looking forward to it all. :D

7. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle! Yeah, I don't know if I can look at your pictures anymore and not be jealous :shock: :lol: No snow, nice and beautiful...sigh :YMSIGH: Sweet kitties, to half lap share the cuddling of the bean :lol: I hope your Caturday goes well, and you get all of that done! Elsa...that peppermint mocha? Do you deliver? Sounds yummy ;-)

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    What a great day you and the boys had yesterday! The fish bones and learning to fish must have been so much fun for Nicholas. And great pics, as always.
    Neat that Lola lives so much in the moment and doesn't miss the tree (yet!).

Have a lovely evening with your kitties.

Hugs, scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Elsa: :coffee: mmm. it was good!!

9. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    What a fun day for the boys! It looks like you make sure you are well prepared for anything and everything :D :D
    It is so cool how Nicholas is like a little sponge, absorbing all the new stuff. Maybe fishing will be next on his list?
    Hope you had a great Caturday!

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Hi everyone! happy caturday night. PIZZA NIGHT! yummmmmmmmmm! I hope your day has been a good one. I spent most of mine at my DD's and DSIL, watching the boys so mom and dad could go to the movies, see the new Hobbitt one. Guess it was good - they enjoyed it. I never did amke that walk, just ran out of time today. It's OK though, the boys and I had a nice time together. it really is so cool to see William being so much more interactive, and seeing Nicholas take the time to be with him, show him things, nice to see how they are at home when things are relaxed. Really kinda of fun. The weather was great, cold (!) but great. The sun was out, so we went for a walk to the local elementary school and played on their playground equipment. One knew it was cold when we get to the one set-up they had and part of the ground area was a sheet of ice. we avoided that, he hit the slides and decided to go for the big one. no big deal really, as he does those all the time, but little did we know that the bottom on the chute was ice covered, so he hit that and flew off the end, out about 4 feet, lol.... it was kinda funny, and he was able to laugh it off, after one tear down the cheek. i swear these slides... lately they have been his nemesis. At juanita yesterday he slipped while top side, ended up rolling down the chute, coming out the end on his back, head first, that one slows the slider at the end so all was well, but ti really freaked him out. Tears over that one, required short break to regroup. what is it with slides these past couple of days.... anyways, it was a great afternoon outdoors. and (!!) I got to watch a movie. LMAO. Nicholas decided I had to see Wreck it Ralph, so I stayed a bit longer and watched some of it with him. Funny - he was so thrilled he had a movie buddy. Of course I took lots of photos... duh! :roll: I will post the Picassa link in tomorrow's condo.

Hi Rachel :D oh no on the jealous! :D yupp, no snow.... i hope though to be able sometime soon to take the boys up to one of the passes where we can get snow without too much hassle getting there. :lol: In the meantime we settle fr the rivers. ;-) THx on today - it was good, fun, and i'd do it all over again.
    Auntie Rachel! You betcha! I deliver worldwide! I gots the jet to travel in now so we is good to go. No worries I am real god at landing it on roof tops. :D Elsa, KBP

Hi Ella :D THX - we really did have a very nice one! Yes on Nicholas. He truly liked that, alot. He was still talking about it today. I was grateful to a fisherman who took a few moments out of his day to talk with him. THX too on the pics. I think so too on Lola - very moment oriented that one. THx on tonight - I shall do just that.
    Auntie Ella! :D :cool: ~~ Elsa, kitteh barista

Hi Jane :D THX, it was a great one for them. Alot of fun for both. and yes, I do try and be ready for anything and everything. Extra clothes always, snacks in the trunk always, whatever we need for any occurrence. It just saves me grief and lot of "hassles". Plus then we can truly go anywhere whenever the whim strikes. It will be interesting to see how the fishing thing developes, if it does. You are right on Nicholas - he loves to explore, see new things. It is so cool how he just takes to it all. THX on today - it was great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.