1/4 Mel ~ AMPS 109 ~ we've got the blues...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne + Nemo (GA), Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

Yesterday's condo

A blue PMPS last night (103) and one again this AM. Granted, not super high blues, but perhaps enough to spoil his many cycles of green to get to his OTJ trial - yes/no?

Last night I chalked up his higher number to a little stress, because he gets that way sometimes when I'm home and the brood ramps up for dinner. He gets a little stressed out from Spotty who gets uber-*****y when hungry, and gets everyone else riled up. But that doesn't explain his AM number.

Would love any feedback on what to do next...

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

It looks like he pulled himself back to the green last night after pmps, lets see what today does.

Is there any chance of getting a spot check in today or are you back to TBP today?

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with a low blue, it happens. Spot checks maybe?
    Have a good day Suzanne!

4. Suzanne + Nemo (GA)

Suzanne + Nemo (GA) Member

I'm working but can run home for lunch and do a +7 later.

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Those are low blues and even kitties that are OTJ have blue numbers from time to time. I wouldn't worry to much. Sometimes they just throw us a blue to keep us on our toes.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Those blues are in normal BG range. If you're home, since this is at PS times, check his BG around 3 hours later. If he's back in the greens, you know his pancreas is working. This procedure is what beans do during OTJ trials. No reason you shouldn't do the same thing.

7. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I peeked at your spreadsheet and saw that the blue is already a distant memory. :smile:

A little blue here and there is no cause for concern. Per the German Tight Regulation protocol: http://www.tillydiabetes.net/en_6_protocol2.htm

"Phase 4: Reducing the dose
    When the cat regularly has its lowest BGs in the normal range of a healthy cat and stays under 100 mg/dl overall for at least one week, attempt to reduce the dose. Alternatively, if the nadir glucose concentration is 40 - <50 mg/dl at least three times on separate days, try lowering the dose. If the cat drops below 40 mg/dl once, reduce the dose immediately!"

Don't overlook the word overall. :smile: Mel is doing fine and it looks like he might be heading toward another dose reduction soon (*anti-jinx*).

8. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Mel is doing fantastic! Keep up the good work! :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.