1/4 Molly - Cross posting Health thread...

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele&Molly, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

So for the first time ever, Molly missed her am shot (i have no problem blaming the dh here - freakin' Will!!! ).

Just got home from work and her + 20 bg is 435 and she's not due for her scheduled pm shot for another 4 hours (at 8pm). I would like to stay on the 8am/8pm schedule. In your experience, is there anything i can do now? I could possibly do a split dose at 6 (half the dose at 6pm and the other half at 8) but that's 2 hours from now. Poor Molly!

Any help is appreciated. -Michele

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Michele, can you ease her back to the 8/8 schedule? Shoot now and then back up everything a half hour per cycle?

I don't have experience with split doses, but I think you could do half now, half in two hours (that would be 6pm your time) them do 6am tomorrow and then split doses again tomorrow night at 6pm/8pm...?

Also, did you retest her?

3. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Thanks Shelia - going to retest and shoot now. Now it's 5:00 so i can give half now and half at 7. Then tomorrow i can give at 7am and slowly start moving the time forward in 15 min. intervals. Phew, thanks!

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Given her numbers, I think you have plenty of room to work out a solution.

The easiest one probably would be to shoot now (+20) and again in the morning at her scheduled time, which would be a +16.

Venita

5. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Awww, poor Will, now spending time in the doghouse. :(

I am sure it will all work out okay Michele. It seems with Tigger a half hour here or there, early or late, doesn't seem to make much difference, but that is just us. Let us know how it goes.

6. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan. Lev needs to get back to full dose schedule as soon as possible and damage is already done.

This isn't really the way split doses work, but at least it got some insulin in to her.

For what it's worth it may have been better to just wait till the next shot, like what they tell you to do when you're taking pills. If you miss one, don't try to take more, just take the next one when it's due. By just waiting she would have gotten a full dose which would work better in this case than half. The half doses probably won't be able to tackle the higher BGs.

I'm sorry this happened, but that's life. I'm sure Will already feels bad enough. Please give her several days to get resettled before making any other dose changes. I think this counts as like 5 changes!!!

7. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

Thanks you guys. I really appreciate your advice and always being here for us. Yes, way too many changes! Things should be more consistent now (especailly since i just got done beating Will!). Thanks again for all the support, means a lot to me. Michele

8. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Did you give the other half of the dose? What was her BG?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.