1/4 Pedro AMPS 178 Dose question while away

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Amy and Pedro, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Yesterday viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1045

Pedro is doing just fine.

Here's my dosing question - and I know it isn't a simple answer:
    I am going to be away for the next week beginning tomorrow. My DP is just fine with testing and shots and hypo issues has been involved from day one. But just won't be able to do the posting here - no time between work and pets/house/farm chores. We will be able to talk via phone but not all the time. So, I have all sorts of info printed out including the shooting low numbers/hypo, etc.
    ---Right now if Pedro was below 110 on a preshot I'd probably be hesitating on a full dose and would wait and retest to see if numbers rising. Does that make sense or am I being overcautious? At what BG point would you think it best to wait and test. Checking on him after PM shot not a problem and on weekend but during weekdays no chance of delaying for very long or getting home to check.

My old girl Brandy is at the vet's this AM. I'll know more later today - hoping she makes it back home.

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Amy...he is on his third day on the lowered dose of F1.0u, correct?
    He is doing very very well on that lowered amount....nice action on it...
    hmmm....

I think you have covered everything in your planning...good job...retesting sounds about right of course....
    I'm not too great at the particulars though...need suggestions from others on the right number...

I was wondering if you have had a heart-to-heart with Pedro and explained your plans to him... LOL....sometimes that helps so that they know the drill! ;-) He is a smart boy..I think he will do what you suggest for the week....

Thinking of Brandy and you this morning...sending loving wishes for all the very best that can be for her....and for you.
    You really have a lot going on today, huh? ((Amy))

3. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Thanks for your thoughts Pat -

Yes, we started the fat 1U on 1/1 at PM.

P
    Pedro is a contrarian. Who knows what his little brain is thinking up.

4. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Off Pedro topic but-
    Just got off the phone with the Vet and Brandy survived anesthesia. Did find infections in her few teeth and into sinuses. Was a tough decision to go ahead with anesthesia given her CRF and other things but knew she was going downhill fast and eating was getting harder. Something had to change... They will keep her tonight to do IV fluids and pain meds.
    If she gets through the next 48 hrs odds improve.
    Wish i didn't have to be away :sad:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Well, so far ~ so good....
    Yes, I can imagine that having to leave tomorrow is very difficult for you :sad:
    Sending healing vines for Brandy now...hope things will be great now that the bad teeth and
    sinus infection will be cleared a little... the discomfort of those things must have been awful for her...I am so happy that
    the anesthesia was ok. Thankful for even small tidbits of good news....I hope your trip goes ok Amy....
    will miss you around here.... :YMHUG:

6. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

Sorry to hear about the trouble with Brandy, but glad that the vet found something and they are treating her. What an awful lot to have to worry about on top of having to go out of town. Tell Pedro that he needs to be a good boy while mommy is gone because she doesn't need to have to worry about him too.

7. Amy and Pedro

Amy and Pedro Member

Re: 1/4 Pedro PMPS 186 Dose question while away

Pedro is sitting on my suitcase inspecting it all. He would love to travel.

Thanks for the well wishes for Brandy just came back from seeing her at Vet's. She just purred away even though she was rather a wreak.
    Will do one last update in AM if all goes smoothly here.
    Be back in a week hopefully with all good updates.

8. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Prayers for Brandy to get well soon--Hope Pedro will be happy & good while you are away!!

9. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

Hellooooooo! Glad to hear Brandy's doing well, didja get the good pain meds for her?

Re: Pedro - What were his numbers like today? Were you able to get in any spot checks this afternoon? The F1.0 is a new dose and maybe it still has to settle so his numbers *could* go a bit higher yet on the F1.0......I see that he did hit the low fifties on the F1.0.
    If it was me and there would not be any opportunity for day time spot cheeks while I was away, I'd consider shaving the dose a bit just to be on the safe side.

This is just my opinion, just throwin it out there for ya. :mrgreen:

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

:mrgreen: You got to visit her? Awwww....that is so great...and it's nice to her that she was purring too...
    Will look for your post in the morning...hope Brandy has a good night and will be better with a good night's sleep.
    Great news! :thumbup

And I am wondering how Pedro boy will be when you leave with your suitcase and not him too... :cry:

Wish we could have a sleepover for the week here with my two... :shock: Uh...on second thought:
    He and Shadow tend to get into too much mischief when they hang out....well, maybe just tell him to keep giving
    us the usual calls while you are gone...there will be some OTJ parties for them to go to too....
    (110 is a good number to recheck at....I agree with you...and maybe shave the dose just in case....you have to be
    comfortable with it, right? There's plenty of time for drama when you return ;-) )

Be safe Amy....talk to you when you get back :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.