1/4 Quincy AMPS 135 bubble/splinter

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Laura and Quincy, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Almost 40 points higher than yesterday! I think I had a bubble in last night's dose. Thought I saw one and shot it anyway, but probably should have tossed it and started over. I was having a harder time measuring a dose out of a Solostar pen than a vial for some reason. Hopefully that was a blip. Also, about a 1/2 hour before Quincy's AMPS test, he vomited up a splinter! It was probably about an inch in length. Not sure where it came from, maybe his scratching post. I'm just glad he brought it back up as it seems like it could have done some damage making its way through his system. I guess since he vomited it up, he must have ingested it within the last 12 hours or so. The things this cat will eat, apparently, although this was a first. Quincy *did* once eat a rubber band, though.

Hopefully he'll come back down this AM. He's had some good numbers and nice flat curves lately.

Yesterday

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

ouch on the splinter! What a zany kitty! Eating all weirds things lol
    Does he seem ok this morning? Hope so - keep us posted

3. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

A SPLINTER??? Well that doesn't sound tasty at all!

That could explain the 135, glad it's gone. Keep your eyeball on him.

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Quincy you are a cat not a termite!! Glad it came out!! Nice amps today

5. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Yes, fortunately he seems ok. I wondered if he ate it when I took him outside in the backyard (there are wood railroad ties around the perimeter), but that was on Saturday. I don't think he would have vomited something ingested that long ago. So maybe somehow from a scratching post. Very odd, though. I thought it was a piece of grass and was surprised when I picked it up.

His +3 was 68 and he's eating well this AM, so seems like back on track.

6. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Well not a bad number to start the day... even with urping a splinter (silly kitty)..

Hope that Quincy had some nice numbers this evening too :D

7. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

OMG! Quincy, baby, please don't eat wood!

(((Laura))) Glad he seems to be okay. Crazy resilient kitty that he is! ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.