1/4 Sasha ~ AMPS 95 PMPS 53 ~ 2 Year FD Annifursary

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cassandra and Sasha, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Last Condo ~ 1/1

2 years today! I can't believe how far we have come since then. I was convinced when I took her to the vet that she was in renal failure or that she was hyperthyroid. She wasn't (yet - LOL) - it was just diabetes. The first words out of my mouth were, "So I test her blood with one of those meters, right?". Vettybean said yes, that's what you do, and it shouldn't shorten her lifespan at all. How relieved I was that day...

Today, I am ecstatic. :mrgreen: To think we have made it this long, and that she is better than ever....words just can't explain it. We're on our 2nd insulin, our 2nd message board, and probably our 5,001st diet change. ;-) Every minute has been a learning experience, and I wouldn't trade this journey for the world. I will never have another bond like this, never love another kitty as much as her. It simply isn't possible.

So I'll be raising a glass of wine today to her, and to this board and its wonderfully caring and helpful people, and to all of the feline diabetes researchers out there. With all of it, none of this would have been possible.

Please join me, and let's celebrate! [​IMG]

(And yes, I'll be getting a +1 off that PMPS :D )

2. Heather and Jasper

Heather and Jasper Member

Happy 2 year annifursary to you and Sasha!!!!!!!!!!! drinking24

What a happy day it is!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Congratulations to both of you! Enjoy the wine (but not too much) :D

It does make them sweeter doesn't it? (no pun intended :lol: )

4. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

OK you made me SOB, as our 2nd is coming up in Feb..I am so happy for you and sweet Sasha--Every day is a gift here & really in all our worlds.
    You work so hard keeping Sasha well, and helping others so unselfishly...You are an Angel o:) -One of our angels--
    Having your cat feel well, getting through the day with a happy purring, eating, pooping, cat--That's a good day!
    These cats are indeed our special ones, and no other will ever be the same, but look what we learn from them--
    Patience, humility, and endurance--and of course, how to love beyond the borders..
    Happy happy 2nd annifursary to you both, with our love & admiration!!

5. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary! drinking24

6. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Cassandra,
    what a wonderful post! Happy anniversary to you and Sasha. She is so very lucky to have you and I'm certain she appreciates it everyday in her certain kitty ways.
    does coffee count? lol I was having a nap... :coffee: cheers!

Thank you for sharing your special day with us - and I hope there are many more!

7. Sherry & Zoe (GA)

Sherry & Zoe (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations on 2 years....it is amazing the bond that developes between our little furbabies and us, isn't it? I would never have believed that I would be able to bond so closely with my sassy little Zoe....but we have...all because of FD!

Great job with Sasha... cat_pet_icon

8. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Cassandra

Happy Anniversary to you and Sasha.

When I first joined the board 1.5 months ago you visited my condo and I told you that my first and beloved cat was a white tabby named Sasha too.

How I miss her dearly.
    Many, many, many years of health and happiness.

It is an honour and pleasure to meet someone like you here on the board. Your knowledge, kindness and support you share with all of us is truly a gift that we do not take for granted.

Thank you.

9. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Gosh, Sasha is lucky to have you.

And so are we.

Here's to a year of purrs for you and your furbaby. Happy annifursary!! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

10. WCF and Meowzi

WCF and Meowzi Well-Known Member

Awww :) Happy Annifursary! drinking24

And may there be many, many more!

party_cat party_cat party_cat

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary, Sasha, and thanks to you, Cassandra, for bringing your knowledge and support to the board every day. You have made a big difference to me and Bear.

12. Sashasmom

Sashasmom Member

Happy Annifursary to you and sweet Sasha!! :D

Thanks for all you do Cassandra! :razz:

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Cassandra and Sasha Happy Annifursary!!!
    [​IMG]
    A much heartfelt Thank You for all you do here.

14. skippy and birten

skippy and birten Member

Hi there,

Congrats to you the Great Mama Bean and Sasha. :RAHCAT

I know what you mean about the bond you have with Sasha and I want to THANK YOU for helping out and giving me and Skippy all your good advise. We truly appreciate it! We both hope that 2010 will bring our loved ones closer to the Falls. Keep up the great work!!!

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

[​IMG]

Happy Year Two!

Due to all of your hard work, Sasha is an exemplar of a happy, regulated kitty who clearly has a bean that adores her. Thank you for letting me be an observer of that process and a very grateful recipient of your wisdom. Most of all, thank you for paying it all forward.

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((Cassandra & Sasha))
    Congratulations on two years OTJ!!! Your post was so beautiful...we are so happy for you both!
    We celebrate with you..for the bond between the two of you and your successful journey thus far!!!

You are a very special Angel who comes and visits us all !! Your kind thoughts and experiences have helped
    us all and you are a beautiful example of the what this Board is all about !! Sincere thanks to you! :YMHUG:

Happy Day to you both!

drinking24 To Cassandra & Sasha!!!

17. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Best wishes to both of you on this very special day and may you have many more like it.
    Enjoy.

18. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Congratulations for you and Sasha, and what a beautifully written post! Your words eloquently say what so many of us feel, about FD, about the bond with our kitties, about the shared knowledge here, and of course the wonderful friendships that develop through this sharing of information, support, and encouragements. Your seemingly tireless devotion to helping kitties and their beans is something everyone is very grateful to have.

19. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

Congrats to you and Sasha. Here's a toast and drink of our favorite wine to many more annifursaries! drinking24 party_cat

How true it is that this journey creates a special bond with our fur babies. Indy has always had a special bond with DH. They actually talk to each other and have coherent conversations back and forth. It always made me a little jealous to be on the outside of such a bond. But, this journey has created a bond for me with Indy. He loves me eventhough I am the one doing all the poking and causing him discomfort. I guess somewhere among all the pain, he knows that I am helping him to feel better and all the extra pets and brushes help too.

On a personal note, I wanted to say thank you for all that you do for the rest of us. I myself would have had a complete meltdown if it weren't for you. You were there with me the first time I had a PS number that was too low to shoot (a 106). haha_smiley You were up all night with me the first time Indy dipped below 50. I'm not sure that I would have done so well on either of those occasions if you had not been there as a lifeline to hold on to. You gave me the strength to deal with each scary, new situation and you enabled me to give my baby what he needed. We are both eternally grateful to you and everyone else here that has been there with advice and words of comfort and support. Long live Lantus Land!

20. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Congratulations! dancing_cat I know you've been through some tough times together, but look at how great she's doing now. Your knowledge of all things CAT is astounding, and you are truly a generous spirit to share your expertise with everyone here, seemingly at any hour of any day.

Sasha is so lucky to have you, and so are we!

21. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

Happy annifursary, beautify Sasha and wonderful mama bean! :RAHCAT

Because of you (and the other angels), many of our kittehs who would not otherwise be with us will be celebrating many more annifursaries -- either OTJ or regulated, or just healthier and happier.

We couldn't do it without you! And you're so right about the special bond that develops between the beans and their sugar babies.

22. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

thank you for this post - i can so relate to all that you have said - it was a wonderful read. been a journey for us too, one huge learning, and bonding, experience for close to two years now. I too am so grateful for all who post, read, help, listen.

HAPPY 2 YEAR ANNIFURSARY!!!! :RAHCAT

23. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Happy Annifursary Sasha!

And.. what a great mamabean you have to help you get where you are today.. and all the other kitties too.. ((Cassandra))

[​IMG]

Hey!! What great annifursary numbers to celebrate with too..

24. Michelle and Doodle

Michelle and Doodle Member

oh Gosh I'm soooo glad I peeked in here tonight!
    I have happy tears now...
    ( isn't it funny to be so happy over a diabetes dx? lol)
    congratulations and lots and lots of love to both of you!!

25. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hahaha! My first question was, "did ya hoot?" :lol:

Seriously though, I know how important these anniversaries are. Boy, do I ever! You have taken such good care of sasha. The dedication you show has to be so evident to her, and a good part of what keeps her going.

Thank you for doing whats right for her. Thank you for sharing what you learn. And, thank you for inviting us to drink with you! hehehehe :lol:

To Sasha and cassandra!

26. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Cheers to you and to Sasha on your special day, and every day! I hope Sasha continues to thrive under your loving care for many more anniversaries.

Best wishes for a happy, happy new year!

27. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Happy Annifursary. You have done a great job and now you are passing it forward. How lucky are we? Hope you enjoyed your wine.

28. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy 2 year Anniversary Cassandra and Sasha. drinking24

LL is a better place for having you. You have shared you wealth of knowledge with all of us and I for one am very grateful for all of the help you have given myself and Putty.
    I am also very grateful that Choy-Foong finally has someone that she can converse with. I often did not post in her condo because she too was so full of information often using words that I could not pronounce never mind respond to. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.