1/5 Alex AMPS 405,+2~314,+4~359 Increase???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA), Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Alex seems okay. I woke up to clearish yellow vomit and I thought it was Alex and got all scared but he wolfed down his breakfast and took his shots but my Jackson wouldn't eat and is hiding in a corner and when I showed him HIS breakfast he threw up again...today I feel helpless for him. Talk about cats that are stoic, That's my Jacky . I hate when he gets sick because he never even gives me a clue and I feel like such a bad mom :cry:
    Poor Jackson ♥♥♥

yesterday

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hi Caryl,
    how's Alex doing ? How is Jackson? Any updates?

3. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Hi Ronnie Thanks for asking.
    Alex I'm sill trying to figure out :?
    I just got Jackson back from the vet and it seems as if he has a respiratory thing going on. I thought he might because he has been sneezing on and off . I guess it's traveled to his nose and his stomach too. He had something like this last winter. So did Alex. At the same time. He's has some kind of eye ointment and something to settle his belly. And he can't eat tonight. Now the real yucky part is that Alex is starting to sneeze...I hope it's just a coincidence. Seriously, Alex has enough going on.... nailbite_smile

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Caryl, I've been looking at your SS and I think you have room to increase the dose. You're having to use a lot of R to try to bring the numbers down. Do you want to try 4 units? If so, you might want to back down on the R scale a little for the first couple of shots, at least. I see that when he had his last dose increase, the dose increase plus R combined with a lower than usual preshot reading brought him to 59, which might be part of what is triggering this bounce (rebound can last up to 72 hours, so it's not out of the question that this could be rebound).

I do want to caution you that at some point, whatever is causing Alex's high numbers and high dose is likely to clear, probably without warning. Don't back down too much on testing, even though it is discouraging to see these high numbers. You don't necessarily need to test quite as much as you have been, but do make sure you get spot checks in every cycle. I think we all want to try to keep the ketones away...

5. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I'll do 4 units with less R? Like maybe .2 or .3? I am so hoping that this will stop all of a sudden and he will just drop out of nowhere. Better that than this. THAT I can deal with. Maybe he has the cold that Jackson has..or is getting it? He sneezed before too. I'm not going to feed him Urinary S/O anymore. I swear I think his BG went even higher from it(corn flour is the third ingredient even though it's supposedly low carb)...maybe maybe maybe......it's gotta be SOMETHING :roll: :?:

6. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Good luck on the increase. I remember thinking I could deal with lower numbers better than the high ones -- then I got them, thought uh oh, this isn't easier!
    But really with a ketone prone cat I bet it will be easier. Paws crossed for you guys.

7. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

I know what you mean about the low numbers too..but here's hoping I see some soon.

8. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Re: 1/5 Alex PMPS 298, +2.5~119,+5~200

shot 4.00 and .2R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.