+1.5 higher than PMPS?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Debbie & Mishka, Feb 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Okay, I think I know possible reasons for this, but thought I'd ask. PMPS was 147 at +1.5 it was one 158. Mishka is a fincky eater compounded by being a nibbler. When we first started this sugar journey, I was testing then taking almost an hour to get food into him (or what I thought was enough food). I was afraid that he'd nibble a little and then refuse to eat the rest of his meal. So our routine was this: test, take an hour for coaxing food into him, then shoot. I realized tonight that I'm doing the same thing. So this morning shot was at 7:00 am. PMPS was at 6:19 pm, then eating, nibbling, etc. Shot wasn't until 7:20, which means during that hour his BG could have increased and actually I was shooting at a higher BG than the PMPS of 147. I think my PMPSs are actually +11s. I know this is confusing and rambling...:) I think I just need to figure out how to schedule snacks for this finicky boy of mine. Good news is, he was interested in playing his "whack the mouse" game on the laptop.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Those two BGs are essentially the same when you factor in the allowed meter variance of 20%. Also, at +1.5 the dose might not yet be having an effect.

AbyResq likes this.
  3. Debbie & Mishka

Debbie & Mishka Member

Geez...so much to learn...meter variance? Thanks again K. I'll test later before going to bed.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Yeah that's like no difference. And if your cat ate anything in the two hours preceding the test some of the number is food influenced

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Meters are allowed to give a reading that is actually +/- 20% of what the real BG level is. That's what meter variance means. That's the reason that two numbers that seem different are actually within 20% of each other therefore essentially the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.