1/5 Rusty AMPS 182, +5.5 27(!!), +6.5 91, +7.5 115, +9 115, PMPS 160, +4.5 118

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Rusty got a reducie at A.M. because his nadirs had been too low: back to a "straight" 0.10Unit (0.14mm on digital calipers, Monoject syringe). Then I tested at lunch time, as usual, and his bg was 26! retested and got 27. So he got a little Karo syrup in his lunch and since then has been rising. Will test again soon. It looks like his depot may need to be drained and he may get a short shot this evening.
    I think the strips may be affected by the morning cold in the house (have had trouble getting them to sip up the blood sample, even when I warm up the meter in my armpit).
    Rusty was full of energy this morning: he ate all of his nighttime fuds and zoomed around at wake-up time.

It is very cold and windy here. The high seems to be -9 degrees F. Tonight it may hit -30 degrees. Edward went outside to shovel our walk and got frost nip on a small patch of his face! He's OK. But I got out our balaclavas for the next time he goes out. I'm staying put. Happy to report (anti jinx), though, that my cold or whatever it was is over. I don't think it was a cold, since the only symptom was an extremely runny nose and sneezing.

Back in a minute with the +9 reading. 115, surfing.

bbl

I

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Holy moly, Rusty...but yay for energy and good appy!

Wind chills are below zero here...you can imagine my thoughts about that!

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes! :eek: Both on the 27 and the weather. Great Rusty report though. Does a deliberate fur shot earn a dollar in the jar?

Raining here. :rolleyes: On the bright side, might go rowing tomorrow as long as the winds stay calm.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on that 27. It does sound like the depot needs to be drained. I'm glad he is feeling good. That is cold weather. We're not as cold, but it's supposed to be around zero tomorrow morning.

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Yowsa! That gets my heartrate up a tiny bit. Glad to hear all are well. :bighug:
    Liz

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

That's a real low number. Have you thought about just waving the insulin in front of him ..and then putting it back in the frig?

7. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Eeek!! That's just a little too low there Rusty!!!

Maybe he's competing with the temperature??

Yo Rusty, dude....what's wif da shark hunting? You knows you iz supposed to be staying on dis side of da net!! Why don't you just stays on dis side and paddle wif me? ~ China

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

How I envy you! When it's too cold to go outside, I dream of being on the water!

This afternoon I tested both the Monoject and the BD syringes using the technique of pushing in the plunger, inserting it into the pen, letting go of the plunger, and removing it from the pen. Results: BD: a little short of 1 drop; Monoject: 1/2 drop. So tonight I decided to go with the BD for a "short" shot. We'll see what happens!!

Yo China, the water is frozen, so the sharks are lower than usual. I just had to get down there to see what the situation was. See ya later!
    ~ Rusty

9. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Rusty, my goodness..that 27!! Totally not necessary!
    Good luck with the BD syringes Ella!

10. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I think Rusty just needed to go see if the rumors were true about frozen sharks and stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.