1/5 Spooky PMBG 117/123

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Monique & Spooky, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Well now......I just shot off my big mouth yesterday about Spooky having his 5mo. OTJ party on New Years and look what he does to me :evil: Ok, It's just 1 number and it's nothing tragic. He hasn't been over 80 since he was on insulin though. Lot's of factors to consider, First he is fasting
    he gets fed just 2x a day and he hasn't eaten since this morning. I just fed him and will check again in an hour to see if food helps. I also was doing quite a bit of struggling to get the test :roll: First I tested with the Contour (mine is whole-blood calibrated so it measures the lowest :D ) After about 5 times clicking with the lancet pen...nothing WTF? I haven't tested in a few weeks and I had cleaned out the compartment where I keep the lancets, I knew I had put a fresh one into the device, then I opened it....duh, I left the cap on the lancet! So by now he was irritated with me and saw his food already waiting to be prepared. Did my test and got the 117. Didn't want to belive so I took out the Freestyle lite and gave that a go (plasma-equivelant) got 123, so I guess that's about where he is cat(2)_steam He has been getting into all sorts of things lately, licking plates clean, 2 weeks ago he ate a christmas cookie, and day before yesterday I had a frozen chocolate cheesecake defrosting which someone (who can't use a knife and lacks thumbs..) took a feww chunks out of the middle of. We ate it anyway, was good :mrgreen:

So I'll check again and see where Mr. Mulder is heading, hope this isn't turning into an X-file. bcatrun_gif

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

oh no Monique! What the heck Spooky Mulder!

Get those numbers back in order Monique!

Why's he fasting? Vet visit due?

3. Monique & Spooky

No he only eats every 12 hours. I feed them at 5:30 AM and 5:30 PM, I've been doing that since the transition from dry food. Spooky is still not convinced that canned food is the way to go. He has been completly off dry for about 3 months now, but he has to be hungry or else he won't eat the canned. So far he eats 2 types really well, but I haven't been able to convince him to try anything else (except my food :lol: )

4. Monique & Spooky

Ok I can turn the warning lights off now. Checked him an hour after dinner 59!!!!!!!! (on the freestyle) It's all good. flip_cat He's irritated with me now and is back to shredding the chairs :cry:

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, Well,
    what have we here.....?????? :eek:
    A Spooky condo posted by Monique.... ????
    That I can visit for a change....after all these months of Monique dropping by to visit mine? :lol:

I am only laughing because I believe this is just a blip....I will not be laughing if you have to continue to post condos, Monique.... :cry:
    but that was a good catch indeed...nip it in the bud. It's his way of saying "MORE cake...LOOK at me, Mama...I want more of that carb stuff" which he of course, will NOT get!!!

Looking to see the numbers after his meal...hope they are low once again...sounds as if he has had enough partying over the holiday weeks and he has to now get back to serious business...no more cookies!!!! Waiting for that update!!! Good luck Monique!!! :-|

6. Monique & Spooky

I did check Pat, he's ok an hour after his dinner he is down to 59. I can put the meter away now :mrgreen:

7. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Re: 1/5 Spooky PMBG 59 !!! Yay!

SHREDDING THE CHAIRS AGAIN! :eek:

Wow...he really did get annoyed with you Missy! :mrgreen:

I am SO happy again! Well, it was nice that you had a condo for a day Monique...
    or for an hour...
    That's PLENTY! False alarm....
    SO glad! Whew! :thumbup

I'm going to stay for :coffee: if it's ok with you....just wanted to say thank you for visiting me so many times over these
    months and for sharing your knowledge....you have helped me so much and I do enjoy your coffee...sooo good...many thanks!
    This is a cause for celebration! Yay for Spooky's pancreas!!! :RAHCAT

8. Monique & Spooky

Have all the coffee you want, I'm freezing, and I'd rather be comming to Florida to visit you! I gotta go get in a warm bath and think about dinner for me. I have a bag of something frozen that I can throw in the pan. Creme is in the fridge and sugar (well we only keep fake sugar here) it's in the cabinet) I'll be back once I've warmed up, we're back to -12°C tonight.

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

I don't DO -12°C !! When the temperature gets down below my age, I don't leave the house!!!
    Thanks for the :coffee: ...guess I'd better head out now...thanks Monique...keep warm!

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Spooky and the Chocolate Cheesecake. Sounds like a title to a mystery novel. Hahahaha!

Congratulations on anniversary! Glad to see Spooky hasn't given up being feisty and sorry about those chairs. Awww.
    You should make friends with your local re-upholstering dude, and get some special deals... recovering every 3 months; 2 chairs for the price of one. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.