1.5 years with my Diabetic FurThing

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mrhat, Feb 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhat

mrhat New Member

Hi!

My cat was diagnosed a couple of years ago, he's currently on Lantus 2u 2x day. He's about 15 years old (was adopted so age is not totally a sure thing.) He's been switched entirely to Fancy Feast pate.

I'm here to tighten up his diabetes management. I've learned a few things randomly poking around the web, and realized that there was things I wasn't told by my vet or just wasn't aware of. I want to start home testing as soon as I'm able to buy a kit.

Here's a photo. He actually just came up to snuggle right now so he says hi, haha.

[​IMG]

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB! Is mrhat your name or your kitty's? :) He's adorable! Feel free to poke around to your heart's content. I am sure you will like what you see. The experience in this community is hands on and there is an immense of knowledge about feline diabetes and just about anything do with cats amongst the members here. You are not alone feeling your vet didn't give you a lot of info but I guarantee you will find all the info you need to manage the diabetes here and manage it well.

I am delighted to hear you want to start home testing. We can help you learn to test and ultimately, get your kitty's diabetes under better control.

Come and join us over on the Health forum here and ask any questions you might have. If you let us know your location, we can help you find the most economical meter and supplies. I'll be watching for you over in Health!:)

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. mrhat

mrhat New Member

Thanks MrWorfMen's Mom!

Mr Hat is my cat's official name, but he goes by the title, "The Cat" haha, and yeah I think he's adorable too, but then I'm a bit biased :). I've already started poking around and think it's great that so much effort has been put in helping other cat owners!

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  4. MrWorfMen's Mom

So we can call kitty "MrHat" or "The Cat". What can we call you?:D

Are his eyes green? Facial structure looks to have some Russian Blue characteristics! I have a furry grey ghost cuddlecat too! He's my sugar girl's civvie (non-diabetic) step brother!

5. mrhat

mrhat New Member

Well, he responds to both "KITTEH!" and "NOOO!" so there's that... I'm Sheena Jade. Nice to meet you!

He is Russian Blue-ish! He has light green eyes. Super attached to me, although it seems like the insulin makes him a bit more aloof and moody. Do you have a picture of yours? So cool you have a black and grey one, my favorite colors :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  6. MrWorfMen's Mom

Hi Sheena! I'm Linda. Here's a shot of my 2 youngsters, Worf my grey guy and Menace, my extra sweet girl. Worf looks a little Russian Bluish too but his eyes are not green and a couple of white toes on his back feet are a dead give away! :p

DSCN1762.JPG

7. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom -

Fabulous furbaby photo, Linda! :cat: Pity we only get one Like per post.

Mogs

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  8. MrWorfMen's Mom

@Critter Mom Thanks Mogs! I always loved this pic. They're a little younger there but it was one of those rare moments when both were together AND Menace didn't blink or turn her head. She's very camera shy unlike your girls who look at the camera and display their beauty! :)

9. mrhat

mrhat New Member

Oh, they are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

10. Jeanne & Dottie

Jeanne & Dottie Member

Beautiful beautiful cats Linda! And ohh Mr Hat is gorgeous too! Welcome to the forums, Sheena!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.