1/6 Tigger PMPS/371 Dosecrease fatten for tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Good Morning LL! :coffee: :coffee:

Tigger's 1/6 Condo

Well, WCR all 5 Ps in place - Tigger's started his daily 15 min. delay till Sunday DM departure & 2 hr PMPS delay. He keeps looking at me like I'm forgetting him & skittering up the hall to the bedroom feed spot - Is it time NOW???

We ended up staying home yesterday, poor DH, his only day off. Tigger kept dropping, & at +6/85 I gave 1 tsp gravy, to pre-empt a dive, but he ended up going back to blue. So - we coulda gone out after all! :roll:

:?: Tigger finally seems to be getting ahead of his depot, given the pink & yellow numbers today - normally we'd be in blue now. So - for a failed reduction, do we need to wait the full 6 cycles to make sure its not a bounce, or can I dosecrease on the 4th cycle (Tuesday AM) following a good blue cycle? Just don't want Tigger to fall back into his old ways....... Also, if we dosecrease, should we go up a full .25u or fatten 1/8u? Any guidance would be appreciated!

Hope everyone's doing well in LL, & all kitties are healthy & happy or at least feeling better. :YMHUG:

2. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/6 Tigger AMPS/374 +1.25/380 +2.25/284 Reduction Questi

Morning Suzanne!!

I think the blues and greens you saw yesterday were the depot talking. There is no requirement to wait a certain number of cycles to see if the reduction has failed but you are correct that if he's bouncing, you might want to let that clear to see where he falls. If he clears and just comes down to blue, I'd just fatten his dose. The protocol states on a failed reduction to go up to the last good dose but the last "good" dose is not one that got him down to 34 ;-)

So I'd give him today/tonight and see if he clears the bounce and where he ends up. If it's just blue, you can fatten the dose if you want. You can also choose to hold the dose a few more cycles if he gets into low blue and see if he just might decide to like the reduced dose. Depends on how aggressive you want to be and since you test a lot, I think you'd have room to increase if he clears to mid or high blue. If he clears to green, I'd hold the dose.

Have fun!!!

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree that it looks like he's probably bouncing off the 85 yesterday so best to hold on for another cycle or two

Sorry you missed out on your sightseeing. Our sugarcat sure can mess with our plans, can't they?

You're going in the right direction Tigger..keep sliding (but not too much!)

4. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Tigger, so confused on his routines and wanting his fuds :? Sorry you missed going out, at least Tigger had some quality time with his beans ;-) I hope that you see some nice blues and greens :D

5. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Hi Marje, Chris & Rachel,

Thank you all for visiting today, we appreciate your company & support!

@ Marje, (Hope your dinner party was fun!) Thanks for the perfect & detailed explanation - looks like we're gonna fatten the dose Tuesday AM - if Tigger goes into low blues I might hold it a little longer, we'll see what tonight brings. That's for laying out all my options - it really helps :D

@ Chris, yes, our babies do make us stay spontaneous! Sometimes, its hard, trying to explain.

@ Rachel, thanks for the positive words & support - hopefully we'll see some green tonight or tomorrow with an increase - paws crossed!

Thanks again, I'm off to bed & I-) - been a long day, & inspite of Tigger cooperating, I didn't sleep well last night. G'nite LL - so glad you all are out there! :YMHUG:

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Good night!!! I will dream of low blue for Tigger :D

Ps....dinner party lots of fun. Wore Gracie and Tobey out :lol:

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    Good luck with the fatter dose. I hope Tigger can do well on it. Rusty just got a drop added to his dose, too. It must be the season!

Have a good evening and get lots of sleep.

Ella & Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.