1/7 Blackie AMPS-455,+3-380,+7-346,PMPS-452,+4-338

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Team Blackie (GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

1/6 Condo

Was expecting a lower AMPS but it looks like a rebound so I don't have to worry too much. Stayed with 4.5u. I'll get a +3 or +3.5 before school, come back around +7 and then head out for a couple of hours.

2. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/7 Blackie AMPS-455

Hope the rebound clears quickly :)

3. Helene & Tizon

Helene & Tizon Well-Known Member

Re: 1/7 Blackie AMPS-455,+3-380,+7-346

Ok Blackie, we know that your Liver works... now, be nice and hang out a touch lower.
    Thanks

4. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

New lowered dose didn't go as planned today. Deciding whether or not to stick with 4.5u or go back up to 4.75u tonight. With 1.5 hours till shot time I'll probably do 4.5u and see how his numbers are at next AMPS and decide on moving back up or not. If anyone has feedback that would be great.

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

One consideration is that this reduced dose needs to settle. You probably were seeing action off of the overfilled shed yesterday. See what some of the others say, but I think you need to give this dose a chance.

6. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

I was thinking the same thing as Sienne. I know there's no "hold for 6 cycles" rule for a decrease, but only 3 cycles seems like not enough of a chance, esp. in the context of HC rebounding. Plus if after bumping back up to 4.75, Blackie goes low again and you need to give HC to counter that, it may put you right back here.

7. Team Blackie (GA)

Team Blackie (GA) Member

Yeah I'll hold the 4.5u for a couple of more days. I would've fed him MC or LC when he went under 50 but I wasn't sure if my mom would get a successful test in. And as well we weren't going to be home for a few hours.

Going to go shoot now.

8. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

I definitely wasn't faulting you for feeding HC the other day - safety is the right call! But I think it would be good to avoid a cycle of increases than need to be managed with HC. Maybe if a bump up is warranted in the future, you save it for a day when you can be around to babysit a little more and nurse a low BG with frequent, small LC meals should it happen again.

Bet a year ago or even 6 months ago you had no idea you'd be thinking about all this stuff, right? Same for me... But right now as I'm writing this, Quincy is curled up on my lap sleeping contentedly. It's been killer making things work, very frustrating and stressful at times (and let's not talk about the effect on my social life), but I know in the end it's worth it to help him and have him here with me as long as possible.

Hope Blackie soon rewards your diligence with some consistently good numbers.

9. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

I would see what happens tomorrow and if there is not a huge change in the numbers I would take the dose back up. Rebound hormones can last up to 72 hours in some kitties. The trick is to not wait too long to go back to the last working dose, because the longer you wait the more glucose toxicity has a chance to build up, which can make you possibly have to raise the dose even further to get a response.

You did the right thing in feeding the HC in that situation. HC canned clears the body quickly. It is the rebound hormones that can keep the numbers elevated for days later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.