1/7, Boomer AMPS=128 - Advice on going up to a fat .25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1697&p=15468#p15468

Since the dose was lowered from .5 to .25 his numbers are higher. I haven't caught a green in a few days and I'm starting to get yellows too. I think .5 is too much insulin and .25 may not be enough. He did really well with the a fat .25 a few days ago. Any thoughts on my going up to a fat .25 to get a tighter regulation?

2. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

First is your spreadsheet all current? I would say yes you could try it...but you don't have many spot (nadir) checks on this dose during the day so the yellow PMPS could be a reaction to him having spent some time in the green during the day. If you are able to get more spot checks you could try an extra drop, or maybe wait one more cycle and try it in the evening when you can do a few bed checks. I know it's hard to have patients but he is not silly high and is staying well below any damage zone. Just my opinion.

3. Monique & Spooky

Oh now I'm confused, Traci you have 2 condos with 1/7, Is this the current one? Today is the 8th isn't it? Maybe you've entered the twighlight zone, that could explain something :lol:

4. Traci and Boomer

Re: 1/8, Boomer AMPS=128 - Advice on going up to a fat .25

You are right!!! I put the wrong date in there AND I'm in the twilight zone. I think I'm trying to sell you some "crazy" and you're all stocked up, LOL.

Okay - how bout this? I can do more checks this weekend - so I'll see what happens and adjust according to what I get. What do you think?

5. Monique & Spooky

Hey I'm in TZ now, your right today is FRIDAY flip_cat So the weekend is almost here!!!!! That sounds like a plan. He may just suprise you, sometimes the threat of a increase is enough...See Lantus is powerful stuuf just say it and it works :mrgreen:

6. Traci and Boomer

I've been to Bavaria, btw - Garmisch and Dachau. The people were very friendly. Are you German? You don't seem it, LOL. You seem American to me.

7. Monique & Spooky

Well I have spent almost half my life on both continents so I don't know what I am anymore. My mother is Canadian (Quebec, I have a french name) My father's family is Irish and very deeply rooted in Massachussetts. I don't seem to fit in anywhere. I live about 45 minutes from Garmisch, in a small city just 5km from the Austrian border. From my livingroom I have a great view of the Alps and the famous castle Neuschwanstein. I speak read and write 5 languages and can understand or read somewhat about 5 more. My best friend here in Germany is actually Finnish, and my other friend is German but married to an American and lived with him for 8 years in Chicago. When I visit the US it becomes clear very quickly (eating in a resturant etc.) that I am very European :D

8. Traci and Boomer

I've been to Neuschwanstein! You've got a view??? Come on! I don't believe you. Get a photo of that and get it up here so I can see the proof. That's nuts! I live in MA and work in Boston which is where I am right now. We drove through Austria and it was exciting to see the sign saying we were entering another country. Pretty cool. What brought you to Germany in the first place?

I found a photo of us with the castle in the background. Boy, we both look a little chubby here - too much yummy food on vaca. LOL.

Attached Files:

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Hey Traci you guys are such cuties! Cool castle in the background too, when are you moving in? Hahaha!

While you are in the Twilight Zone, would you mind editing the date on your first post? Otherwise your condo might be overlooked since people might think it was yesterday's stuff.

And if you already did it while I was typing this.... nevermind!

Monique gave good ideas for your weekend re: adding a drop. (I almost said advice... hee, hee.)

Have a good day today, keep warm.

10. Monique & Spooky

11. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Great photo, Traci!

Monique, that is some view!

12. Monique & Spooky

It looks that picture was taken from behind the castle on Marienbrücke (Mary's bridge) the bridge over the gourge, it's a great place to take pictures. Was that a honeymoon, you look too happy :D

13. Traci and Boomer

:razz: Yes! We crossed over that scary bridge over the gorge with about 300 other people while it was moving. Terrifying. Then we hiked around on the other side of the bridge and found a good spot. There was no fence behind us and that's up on a mountain. It was pretty dangerous.

Monique, your picture is gorgeous. That's exactly what I think of when I remember Germany. Very green!

Nope, that wasn't a honeymoon. It was our first vacation about a year and a half ago. Hopefully this year he'll pop the question. I'm gonna be 42 next week and still never been married!!! Come on buddy! If you like it then you better put a ring on it...right ladies??? :-x

14. Traci and Boomer

Re: 1/7, Boomer AMPS=128, +10.5=111, PMPS=182

Between 10.5 and PMPS I gave him a can of food because he wouldn't leave me alone! I can get a later spot check tonight and more checks this weekend.

After what happened with Nicole and Baby I'm extra sensitive to making sure I'm giving the right amount. .25 is next to nothing and with a short syringe (don't really like them) I am never entire sure I'm "in there" as opposed to being in the fur. I hope I'm doing it right!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.