1/7 MANNIE amps 311, +1 416, pmps 477, +2 326

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

and what is up with these numbers ?!?!?!?! I wonder if this is a food spike, though I can't figure out what he could have gotten into to spike such high numbers. there has been no people food short of chicken, plain ole boiled chicken.. real bummer. :cry: whatever happened to those pretty blues.

well - we shall keep pluggin' away at it. i am glad that the weekend will be here soon, and i can spot check. i wonder how bouncy this bounce is - sure don't want a nose dive, or a rocket.

yesterdays condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1570

RECAP
    amps 311
    amps +1 416
    pmps 477
    pmps +2 326

2. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

You know what, there is something in the air. I swear there is. And don't let Mannie read Esse's thread...can't have him getting any wild green ideas.

Best-
    Michele

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hi Michelle!

any ketones testing lately?

is Mannie eating ok? how old is your lantus?

4. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

no clue on the ketones, haven't tested. eating is great - it always is. he eats whatever he is given, no problems! lantus is probably about 3 months old? not sure, but a good guess. i thought it had a 6 month shelf life - label says til 2011. hmmm????

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

michele - promise not to let mannie read esse's... oh i have been there. went one time from a 475 to an 80 in two hours. scary, and test, feed, test, feed, test... back to 120 phew. but i too understand the frustrations - what if this had happened when i wasn't home.

i too swear there is something in the air....

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

There is a lot of discussion about the shelf life of Lantus. First, the expiration date on the package is how long it can be stored unopened.The manufacturer states that the insulin is good for only 28 days once opened. Some people are able to use their Lantus longer; some not. Regardless, 3 months is probably too long and it is likely past it's effective period.

7. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

ok then - time to get new... thank you for the heads up, and i will order new. my bad!

8. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

come on down, Mannie!

9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

somewhat better this AMPS - 267, followed by a 323 @ +1.

I will get new insulin today - and see if this will make a difference, that indeed mine was a little on the old side.... I feel like such a bad mama bean....

WCR this am: "wide eyed and bushy tailed", waiting for breakfast, another morning of being a member of the clean plate club. All is well! cat_pet_icon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.