1/8 Baby PMPS 298 +2 250 +4 211 +6 281 +9 252

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole & Baby, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

2. Sara & Magnolia

Sara & Magnolia Member

Re: 1/8 Baby +24 249

Nicole, you must be exhausted. You did an AWESOME job with the situation yesterday. It was a heck of a way to start Lantus, but at least you got it out of the way. It should be smooth sailing from here!

I would expect some bouncing today from Baby, but hopefully you will both be able to take some time to recover from yesterday's excitement.

3. Lindyloo

Lindyloo Member

Good morning Nicole.

Whenever you are givin the ok to shoot, make sure you shoot at a time that will work for your schedule when you go back to work on Monday.

Have a great day!

4. Nicole & Baby

Will do & thank you both! I am happy to see she is back to normal - although want it lower - am Ok after yesterday's chaos!!

5. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Good Morning Nicole!! I see you and Baby made it to today safe and sound! This number is quite normal after the day you had, plus no insulin on board.
    I am truely amazed at how calm you were yesterday. I know I was at the edge of my seat reading your condo!!

6. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

I never thought I would be so happy to see a number in the 200's. Great job yesterday. You must be exhausted. Now you can sit back, relax and have a few of these... drinking24 drinking24

7. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Good Morning Nicole
    Now everyone can take a deep sigh of relief after yesterday.

Soon you will be able to start fresh and get Baby on the road to healing.
    Have a more calming day today.

8. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Great job, last night! What a first day! You handled it beautifully and Baby is just fine thanks to you. Get some rest today! :mrgreen:

9. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Nicole...Welcome to Lantus Land... :eek:

Seriously, THAT was quite an experience for you both...and for everyone here too. You handled it beautifully and I am so happy that you kept posting and updating....and doing those ear pricks and well, handling like a real trooper!!! :thumbup
    Your focus and stamina were awesome...and the way you followed what everyne was saying ...W O W !!!

GREAT JOB!!!! :mrgreen:

I hope that you and Baby will have smooth sailing from now on....your first day is a great example of how important our home testing really is, right? W O W !!!! You have met all of the wonderful caring people here and we will all remember your courage and determination....((hugs)) to you and to Baby today.... :mrgreen:

10. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Good morning Nicole and Baby!!!

Whew - you made it dancing_cat dancing_cat dancing_cat

You are amazing!!!! I can't say it enough. And everyone on this message board is just as amazong!!!

Now you can snuggle in with both your kitties and stay warm. I hope you are getting some much needed rest. Has the adrenaline worn off yet?

See you soon

11. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Nicole. I just finished reading the late night thread and am glad to see that everything has worked out and Baby is doing fine.

My guess is that you will be advised to shoot tonight, so figure out what schedule you want to be on and post your planned schedule so the more knowledgeable folk will have plenty of time to figure out the proper dose for you.

Oh and I believe it's safe to say that the hypo episode is now history. Given the current BG, I would suggest that you can test every 3-4 hours today, this will help everyone know just how high she may go and how she will clear out yesterday's event.

Please note, I'm not an expert, so Jill, Libby or Jojo or someone else may come along and suggest something else - please follow their recommendations over mine.

Oh and you may want to phone your vet and the ER vet and let them know the outcome. Always good to keep them in the loop.

12. Nicole & Baby

Thank you everyone! We are doing well this morning..still too much adrenaline to sleep though (have got a few hours) I appreicate all your kind words. My dosing schedule will be as follows: 5:30am & 5:30pm CST
    I am hoping we can shoot tonight, because I want her to get on the road of healing..but am still scared too (after yesterday) dont want to end up in the ER, hopefully .5 wont put her there...
    BUT of course, home testing, etc.
    Baby is acting good, eating..playing..purring...snoozing... it is amazing to me she never really showed any signs (scary) Also, I feel blessed that after all the different things I was sticking in her mouth to get her BG up, that she did not vomit...just blessed in the middle of a mess, but today is a new day & things are going to go beautifully!! :YMHUG:

13. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Good Morning Nicole & Baby: Well, for someone who could not get a BG test yesterday morning, you sure rallied to the cause. You did an amazing job glad all our fearless leaders were on board to help guide you. You will be fine, try and rest and relax and enjoy today. Look forward to your posts. Give Baby a big squeez from Tuffy.

14. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lantus Land, Nicole.
    I also was on the edge of my seat watching your condo last night. What a first experience you had. And you handled it so well. We are very very proud of you. Things will get better.
    Hope you get some sleep today. If you're going to shoot tonight, you might feel uneasy about going to sleep tonight. I know I would if I was in your shoes.
    Basically, I just wanted to say "Welcome" and to let you know I think you did a fantastic job last night.

15. Nicole & Baby

I will definitely give my Vet a phone call, I was giving them this morning to call me. To be honest (maybe I am being too sensitive) but when she was diagnosed with Diabetes last month & I left the office an emotional, crying mess...they did not even call to check to make sure we were Ok (a follow up call) this really bothered me.
    Now for them to know (& they do know) that we were at the ER Vet last night - to not call & check on us, I am just disappointed. But, I am too blessed with life to let that stress bother me too much. o:)

16. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Good morning, Nicole! Just dropped by to say congratulations on all you did yesterday. You handled the situation so well. Baby is lucky to have you!

With steady nerves and good sense like yours, Baby's routine is going to go beautifully.

Take good care of yourself these next few days. You earned it!

17. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

you know, Nicole, I find the best blessings often come in the middle of a mess.

Good job yesterday, don't worry about the vet calling - you call them - and find a way to catch up on eating and sleeping...

Best-
    Michele

18. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Welcome Nicole and Baby!!! Ditto on all the well wishes and congratulations on an amazing job yesterday.

19. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

I thought you were suppose to be sleeping I-) lol

Well, I'm glad ur doing well and Baby too.

I haven't seen the subject of "measuring that dose" come up, but if u have a printer,

this is what I did on those small doses, zoom in reallll good, and print the pic of .5u,

grab some syringes, fill them with juice, wine, some kind of coloured liquid,

and practice filling up the syringe to 1u, then slowly pushing out the excess till u get to that .5 mark.

Practice lots till ur comfortable that u nailed it.

And yes, wait for further feedback from the o:) as the day goes.

20. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

One more time ... just for your viewing pleasure ... here is the 0.5u dose, so you don't have to search through the long thread from last night/yesterday. It was very... ahem... entertaining last night!!!

Keep up the good work!

[​IMG]

21. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, CD - that pic will come in most useful!! Watching Paige & Boomer's thread now...
    Baby is 2lbs less & was given 1 unit more.....was thinking I would be told to shoot at tonight (5 hours from now)
    But I just cant go thru what I did last night.. don't know what to do! Baby is very petitie @ 11lbs.

22. Laura and Quincy

Laura and Quincy Member

Re: 1/8 Baby AMPS (No Shot) +7 298, after 5 unit OD yesterday

No one will fault you for waiting until the AM! That'll give more time for the Lantus OD to make its way out, plus for a lot of cats, their AM cycle runs higher than the PM cycle. So maybe getting one 0.5 dose under your belt during daylight hours will help you get a good night's sleep after the PM shot.

It's just a thought, one opinion likely of many.... but you and Baby are a team, so you both need to be prepared, mentally and physically, for your next try.

You never told us what kind of wine you had, btw. :smile: I wanted some vino myself!

23. Monique & Spooky

Monique & Spooky Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Baby AMPS (No Shot) +7 298, after 5 unit OD yesterday

That's ok Nicole. Just wanted to let you know that your 298 is not really a +7 (if you gave no shot in the AM) the AMPS was +24 (24 hours after insulin) and now the +7 is really+31 Baby has had no insulin for the past 31 hours.

24. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/8 Baby +31 298, after 5 unit OD

[​IMG]

You definitely get the gold star for everything you did for Baby last night! How well you held it together is nothing short of amazing.

I hope that one of the things you walk away from this understanding is that a cat can have low numbers and those numbers can be steered or managed in very effective ways. Our cats rarely exhibit symptoms of hypoglycemia. Just like Baby, our cats wonder what the excitement is all about. Most of us have experience with our cats reaching a number in the 30s (sometimes in the 20s) and 40s and we do almost exactly what you did last night. The big difference is that the amount of time at these low numbers is brief, it earns our kitties a decrease in their insulin, and it's not the result of an OD. We look for our cats to earn these decreases. I hope you are feeling some degree of confidence in knowing that you can handle this and that there is always support and expertise available here.

25. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Nicole, I understand about thinking the vet ought to phone you, considering what happened yesterday.

I would think the vet would be concerned enough to call you directly or have someone call you.

If the vet hasn't phoned you, then you call the vet. You tell in detail what happened and that while you made a mistake by giving 5 units instead of 0.5, IF You had followed the vets advice and given 4 units, you still may very well have had the same result.

Tell the vet how you feel about it and see what the vet says.

You may decide that for your own comfort level, that it's time to seek out a new vet.

It's important that you are comfortable with the vet, their customer service and their treatment recommendations.

26. Nicole & Baby

Hilary, I still have not called the Vet.. they have cared for both my girls for nearly 9years (their whole life) & I think common courtesty in a crisis would justify a phone call too...very disappointed in them.
    For clarification though...I think you have Paige & I confused about the starting dose of 4.0 (easy to do, we both started about the same time)
    My Vet said since she was in the 200 range, that if it were their kitty (husband/wife team) that they WOULD NOT put her on Insulin - due to going Hypo. They said the 200 range is a safe range because you can slide a 100 points either way without "ending up in the ER Vet" Looks like I proved them right...!
    However, they said I am the Mom & they will support the care I choose & would give the .5, but after a lengthy discussion with them..I agreed with them..but then came back FDMB & the more reading I did..thought I needed to get Baby lower..for her Pancreas.

**Just wanted to clarify. Anyway..I am going to call them.... but I might be shopping around for a new Vet too. They have always been absolutely correct with Health Issues..but Bedside Manner leaves much to be desired.

27. Nicole & Baby

CD, I see the .5 mark, what if i wanted to start at the bolded mark underneath it - what is that? Anything? I have been practicing today with water..that .5 seems like nothing...how very well I know IT IS though!!

28. CD and BigMac

Hi Nicole. The bold line closest to the needle is the zero line. If you want a .25u amount, then you have to 'eyeball' the space between the zero line and the .5 line. I'll go look for the picture of that, and post it for you. I'm sure there is a link, but I like photos to show up without you having to go to a link. Be back soon...

The blue outline is the plunger.. the yellow outline closest to needle is the zero line, the short yellow line is .5u. The yellow line on the right is 1.0 unit. I hope this helps!

[​IMG]

Photo thanks to Greg and Carmelita.

29. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I didn't want to get in the way yesterday, but I just wanted to say how impressed I was by your composure and by the quality of help you received. I hope the rest of your stay in LL will be less eventful.

30. Lindyloo

Lindyloo Member

I know that .5 seems like nothing, but dont worry, it is. Especially if Baby's preshot BG is usually in the 200's.

31. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Oops, sorry for the incorrect info. You're right, I did get you confused...sigh...thanks for the clarification.

32. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hillary - i think it was easy to get confused. Nicole and I have been back to back onthis whole insulin journey :D

33. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/8 Baby +31 298 +35 304 after 5 unit OD

Cannot say I am nervous at this point, Baby does graze..but wondering how much this has to do with yesterday? I don't like the direction we are going in.

CD & Linda...... thank you! I appreicate your kind words & helpfulness!

34. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Baby +31 298 +35 304 after 5unit OD yesterday

Carolyn had told me about rebound effect the other night when Webber got his 4U. Maybe this could be what is going on with Baby? She was telling me that sometimes after a large dose the body reacts by having higher levels the next day.

I think I read about it here: http://www.indulgedfurries.com/petdiabetes/somogyi.htm

Again...you know I am new so this may not be what is happening at all. Carolyn was just telling me not to freak out if this were to happen.

35. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

what you're seeing is totally expected after yesterday. the numbers could even go higher. don't worry about it. once the bounce clears the numbers will come down. looks like you're good to go with 0.5u tonight. is see there's a pic of the dose up above. are you feeling comfortable with measuring?

36. Nicole & Baby

I am feeling comfortable with measuring..should I really go ahead & give it....was thinking along the lines of in the morning & getting some rest tonight. But trust in you & your advice... if so, shot time will be in about 45mins.

37. Nicole & Baby

I do see how it can be handled..just scary because I had to go to the ER Vet & I work a lot during the week & cannot be here every 30mins or even 8 hours to test her. I was off yesterday & am off until Monday...so just nervous if she were to plummet & even with food left out.. I had to give dextrose & honey to her gums...very scary for me as a newbie...

38. Jill & Alex (GA)

if you'd like to hold off shooting til morning, it's perfectly fine. i can't blame you for wanting to get a good night's sleep. i'd probably do the same in your shoes.

just don't worry if numbers go higher tonight. they may. it's ok. kitties who hit the 20s will bounce from them. if they didn't, i'd be worried...

39. Nicole & Baby

Jill..I value your expertise & I do consider myself secondary in this situation - I am not concerned at all about myself. If this were your kitty, what would you do? I am very comfortable with getting the correct dosage...just terrified of getting low #s & ending up in last night's situation. As a newbie I have nothing to compare it to.. am listening & taking your advice to heart & mind. Best to let the remaining 5 units to wear off, or shoot in 30mins? Thanks!!!!!

40. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Hi Nicole!! I Thought I posted to you, but cant find it! Sorry I wasnt around for last nite's action! So So glad you got Baby back!

This board is amazing..You are never alone here...From what I saw & heard, you did a fantastic job! I have no doubts that Baby will do very well here- Jill, Jojo,Cassandra, Libby, and all the other Angels were here for you last nite & today- Listen to their wise words-You are the Hero TOO!

I was at work yesterday & busy last nite, which is unusual for me, but really glad to see the great works that were done here!!
    Will be around & will drop by your condo..Great work there Momma Bean!! :mrgreen:

41. Jamy & Indy

Jamy & Indy Member

Nicole, I just spent the time to read your condo from yesterday and wanted to say that I am impressed at how composed you were through out the whole ordeal! You did such a great job.

As for the vet, I can fully understand your disappointment. It would concern me if my vet suggested NOT putting Indy on insulin with a BG of over 200. The test that diagnosed him had a top end range BG of 170, so 200+ would be over the "limit."

Maybe there is someone on the board that is in your area that could recommend a new / better vet? You have to be comfortable that your vet is going to work with you to help Baby have the best quality of life that she can. It just seems crazy to not treat a disease for fear that something bad (hypo) might happen. Your situation yesterday did NOT prove the vet right. It proved that hypos can be treated and that insulin WILL help bring Baby's BG down to a more healthy level.

Hang in there and continue what you are doing. Baby will thank you for it!

42. Jill & Alex (GA)

if this were my kitty, i would probably wait til morning to give the next shot if i were the least bit tired.
    it's not that i have any reason to suspect baby will drop, but human nature being what it is... after yesterday, i couldn't possibly shoot tonight without doing a bunch of spot checks because i'd be so darn worried there'd be another drop.

truth is, baby's numbers will probably continue to be high for awhile so the chances of her dropping tonight aren't there. however, at this point we have not collected any data. we don't know how long her rebounds will last. will the bounce clear tonight? i have no way of knowing. so, that brings me right back to assessing whether i am up for spot checking tonight. this is just a personal perspective.

what you went through yesterday was something very, very few of us have gone through. i can only imagine the toll it took on you emotionally and physically. if you want to sleep worry-free tonight.... do it. trust me, waiting til tomorrow morning to shoot will not matter in the long run.

43. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

just checking back in here, so I can say hello to you on a much calmer day. ((((Nicole)))) you're awesome. I promise we don't usually initiate people that way!

44. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/8 Baby PMPS 298

Prayers, peace & blessings be over me, Baby & Sadi tonight. Went ahead & gave .5 just now... Will spot check every few hours & try to remind myself yesterday was NOT NORMAL for Lantus!! Takes courage & confidence but I did it!

**Stupid question... at the .5 it is sooooo small, I felt like I did not even inject her (is this normal to feel this way? Short needle, small amount)... guess time will tell by the BG #s I get.

Will keep you all informed.

45. Barbara and tuffy

Nicole: Jill and Libby give good suggestions. The ball is in your court. I too do not think the shot tonight is that important IMHO. Do what your gut tells you. You must be exhausted. You are in good hands. Listen, absorbe, and trust yourself. You are in control. It takes a while to learn that but you had a good induction to that part of the equasion last night. You were awesome. BREATHE! Welcome to LL it is not usual "trial by fire". LOL

46. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hi agian
    you asked this in Moses' condo,
    "I bought some Neosporin plus pain today - have not opened yet - do they try & lick it off & if they do, any harm?"

unless Baby has a really long tongue that can reach into her ears :lol: then no she can't lick it off. However I would not apply tons of the stuff on the poke areas, dab it on lightly and she should be fine. So no big gobs of it ok?
    Also, alternate ears to poke on so one ear isn't getting all the pokes and gives the other ear time to heal.

47. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Nicole I know you are doing this PM shot for Baby. This morning I gave the same amount and I sware it must have been smaller than a drop (if that is possible). I wasn't sure I got it in there. But I guess I did.

Sure was alot less in that syringe than yesterday huh? Sorry, is it too early to tease? ;-)

Will be watching Baby and you superwoman!!! cat_pet_icon

48. Nicole & Baby

Ronnie LOL.. can you tell I am PARANOID?? LOL

Paige, did you give Webber his PM shot? soooooooo nervous over here....!

49. Barbara and tuffy

Nicole here is a post in one of the other condos with a good picture of a syringe. It was posted by squeem3. If you scroll down you will find it. Hope this helps. I'm sure you are on information overload at this point.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1791

50. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Barbara & Tuffy.. I will take a look! I know I got the right amount after yesterday's disaster...just felt weird...I pushed & felt nothing..but sure less than yesterday LOL!!

Running to get dinner..be back in 30mins to stare at Baby! I figure I need to eat to keep this up..I did not eat yesterday & have not yet today.. just obsessed with this! But almost 6:30pm..tummy is growling now!

51. Barbara and tuffy

Just thought this might be easier to see for you. It can be overwhelming. You are doing great. Keep up the good work and your spirits. If you need help, just ask.

52. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Nicole - Webber's PM shot is at 8:30. I am going to test them and see where he is. But I am pretty sure he will get a shot tonight. I am glad that you are going to eat!!

Now we are going to be staring at our kitties :lol:

drinking11

53. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lantus, Nicole. You learned alot yesterday. I saw your thread last night and wanted to encourage you but didn't want to clutter your thread. Great job!!!

54. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

::peekin in:: Is it safe? :mrgreen: HOLY MOLY what a day you had yesterday! I was watching from the sidelines...there sure was alotta traffic up in here! Nice to see things level off. You, my friend, were a ROCK! Well done and what great help!
    Dontcha love it here?

Welcome! Can't wait to see what Baby does tonight.

BTW, Punk is on .5 and she's currently at 70, but she's been here a long time and will maintain a nice, flattish curve. So yes, a .5 does quite nicely :mrgreen:

55. Nicole & Baby

Staring at our kitties for sure :)
    I would like to spot check now..but will wait for the 2 hour point.

**Quick Question & will sound dumb... but just want to understand. When I see people say "You will not really notice Lantus bringing the #s down for awhile...how come when we spot check, we do see #s come down?

Happy to hear Punk is on the same dose too :mrgreen:

56. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

I totally know where you're coming from re: your vet not calling you. My vet sent me a bill for the cremation of my rabbit that was still sitting in their freezer--and this after not returning my THREE phone calls asking for necropsy results. Not to mention that I never approved a necropsy (or a cremation for that matter) because I had planned to have both done elsewhere. The other thing I wanted to comment on was the fact that your vet never demonstrated how to load the syringe to the decided upon amount. As much as my vets bug me, at least they had me show them on my cat (w/saline) how to do the draw up and administer the injection.

Also, can you clarify something for me--I thought scruff injections were a no-no, unless one intentionally wanted to minimize the effect of the insulin (which, in your case, was a good thing).

I hope you're enjoying a well deserved glass of wine (or 3) with your dinner.

57. Fleapunk

Fleapunk Member

When a kitty drops that low and the BG rebounds, in many cases it can hover up there in the higher numbers for a while before it gets back to a 'normal' level, we just don't know what 'normal' is yet for Baby . Again, using Punk as my reference, in the beginning, when she bounced, she'd stay high-ish for up to 48 hours. So when we say "you will not notice lantus bringing the #s down for a while" we, at least, I mean... that although the numbers may drop somewhat, it may take a little more time to see what the real dose will do, hopefully keep Baby in upper greens and lower blues. Once you collect your data, you'll have a better idea how Baby responds to the Lantus. It's really too soon to tell what kind of a bouncer Baby is. :)

58. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/8 Baby PMPS 298 +2 250

Karen, wow..how insensitive Vets can be. I never received a call, there is no explanation or excuse for that. Period. However, in their defense - when I was considering Insulin..I went in to see how to give an injection, but after our conversation - I left agreeing with them that Insulin was not needed. So, I kind of just did this on my own after reading FDMB. I cannot blame that one on them...

As far as where I have given my shots - I just looked online at the appropriate places to inject on a cat, the scruff is givng me results - but if we are not to shoot there, then something else to learn for me...

Everything is well here, except I am very tired..but want to spot check thru the evening & then see where we are this weekend, before returning to my work week Monday.

59. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Nicole - I think that if you get alot of testing done over the weekend you should feel good being at work next week. Way to go---250 :RAHCAT

60. Nicole & Baby

Paige, that is what I was thinking too! I am going to do every few hours tonight probably & then maybe +3 tomorrow & +4 on Sunday... try to see what we are at..so on Monday we should know a ball frame of where we are.

How about you..if you give your PM shot tonight..do you plan on spot checking?

61. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Yes I am going to get a +4 or 5 reading. This last time I went through 3 syringes trying to get the right dose. 0.5U is really hard to get :D

62. Nicole & Baby

It is hard to get & wild that just that small dose can do something!! I want to relax & test Baby only in a few hours & again in the morning..but after yesterday...am paranoid still. Just want to know what normal will look like..in terms of my day/night.... you appear to be there already!! Great job Mom!

63. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

this slow, steady drop is much nicer for now. I would get a before bed check (we call it BBC) but unless that number surprises us, you can probably get some sleep tonight.

64. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That's a lovely, slow decrease.

I tend to get a +2 check with Gabby. Gabby has developed a well-deserved reputation for being a bit dramatic. Her +2 often gives me a sense of what the cycle will be like. Usually, I will test again at +4. Tonight, given that she had a good sized drop by +2, I'll test in an hour. I'd encourage you, when you have time and energy, to start looking at other people's SSs. You will get a sense of how and when they test. I'm admittedly a testaholic but I have a great deal of data which has helped me and the others here who are helping me, understand how Gabby responds to insulin and make dosing decisions accordingly. Every cat is different (ECID) so it is important to have data to make those decisions.

65. Nicole & Baby

Thanks.. I do plan to get a +4 here shortly & a +6, hopefully will get to bed & up for a +9. Atleast this helps me know (based on her #s) if I can get to the gym tomorrow & start to recognize that I need to get out & take care of me too... based on the #s, we will go from there. She is absolutely my priority right now & I know you all agree about your furbabies too.

66. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/8 Baby PMPS 298 +2 250 +4 211

Very playful (as always) tonight..... had some snacks between the last reading (Halo freeze Dried Chicken) & was eating a can of Wellness Core Chicken when I took this BG.

So... is this what "normal" feels like, after baptism by fire :?:

Am off to take a shower & test again +6, go to bed & get up to test again +9
    I admit I am a bit obsessive..but after yesterday..want no low low changes.

How does this look this evening? Low & slow like suggested? I sure hope so....
    Baby & I continue to have gratitude towards each & everyone of you. Sister Sadi wonders what the fuss is all about, but she says "meow" too :)

67. CD and BigMac

Normal. I bet that word is really looking beautiful to you tonight! Nice numbers, nothing scary here, no train wreck - move along now - nothing to see. :lol:

68. Nicole & Baby

Normal most definitely sounds BEAUTIFUL to me : )
    Thank you again for such a great screen shot of accurate dosage...was a world of help.

69. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Oh goody!! You have some good sleepus numbers this evening.. :D

So glad that Baby is doing well.. give her a scritch from us!

70. CD and BigMac

You're very welcome. Don't forget to get some sleepy-bye. Good for you and good for Baby. (Hey that sounds like a commercial or something... heehee.)

71. Nicole & Baby

Re: 1/8 Baby PMPS 298 +2 250 +4 211 +6 281

Yikes, was not expecting the 281, but will help me get 3 hours of sleep until we test +9

72. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Baby PMPS 298 +2 250 +4 211 +6 281

Catch that sleepus when you can..Yellow is good-Nice steady numbers here--For just starting out, this is fine--Go slow, be consistant & patient(oh you did that last nite :D ) and it will all come together--You both are doing great (i'm the cheerleader of LL) :RAHCAT
    Rooting for you both! Hugs & ni ni!

73. Nicole & Baby

Thanks, Roni! Will test again in a few hours & more thank likely Baby will be ready for her AM shot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.