1/8 Bandit PMPS 95 +2 152 +4 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julia & Bandit (GA), Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

Bandit was low this morning so I waited a half hour and tested again to see where he was going. He was rising pretty steadily, so I shot the full 1u. I called in sick to work so I will be home to monitor today. I can't do this often, but there's also some pretty gross looking snowfall going on, and I'm overtired, so I figured it was justified.

Cassandra: to answer your question yesterday, no I can't seperate the two cats during the day because Gabby knows how to open doors (weird, I know, but she's one smart cookie, especially when it comes to food). But I couldn't just leave food out anyway because of Bandit's binge eating problem.

I think I'm going to get some wellness turkey to put in the autofeeders for them. The carbs are low, and the phosphorus levels aren't as good as the friskies, but they're under 250mg/100kcal.

2. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 1/8 Bandit +12 79 AMPS 100 +2 142

Looks like it was the wrong day to call in. he must be rebounding today.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I wouldn't necessarily assume this is a rebound. See how it plays out. The +2 could be a bit of a food spike.

If Bandit likes the Friskies and it's lower in phosphorus, is there a reason you want to try the Wellness? (I know it's a better quality food. It may also be higher in fat than some brands.) I'd also check the Wellness Core -- it's grain free.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoy your "sick day"...especially if the weather isn't so nice..
    have a nice warm day off....
    I have a link for the Wellness Core canned if you want to look it over...
    Shadow really liked it a lot....so I knew something wasn't quite right...LOL... http://www.felinediabetes.com/phorum5/r ... sg-1363133

5. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 1/8 Bandit +12 79 AMPS 100 +2 142 +6 121

I believe the Wellness turkey flavor is grain-free, also. The fat content is a *little* higher than the Friskie's special diet...I supposed I could feed that, but when my store of it is gone I think I'm switching Gabby over to Petguard (for which the carb content will be a little too high for Bandit), because I'm worried about the acidity in the special diet food. So I might as well get them into a routine with the Wellness now.

Bandit will scarf anything laid in front of him, so I'm not worried about pickyness.

Looks like the + 2 was, indeed, a food spike! :razz:

6. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 1/8 Bandit AMPS 100 +2 142 +6 121 +8 98

wow, definitely three, possibly five days in row Bandit's hit green. Woo!

7. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/8 Bandit +12 79 AMPS 100 +2 142 +6 121

Very nice!!

8. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Re: 1/8 Bandit PMPS 95

Good pmps. of course, I have to work tonight. And the autofeeder I got in the mail yesterday is broken! argh!

I can catch a +2 and a +3.5. I froze some catfood earlier...I don't know how they'll react because I've never tried this before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.