1/8 Donovan Lev AMPS == 140

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

yesterday's non-event: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1629
    AMPS = 140; gave Damn Near Zero Lev (0.05U)
    If he creeps up to high blue I guess I'll go back to a skinny 0.1U

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

After my first eventful 6 weeks on Vetsulin, I'll take a some non-eventful ones on Levemir any time!!!!
    Hope you have a great Friday MJ...
    I know Donovan will do whatever he wants to do....LOL

3. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

MJ,

I had my doubts about that "zilch dose" we went back and forth with it a few times, as I remember, he would creep back up to blue often, and then we'd go back to the .10u, back and forth like that...well, as ECID, he eventually, after how many cycles on fat zilch? He eventually got it, on that full moon nite no less! :shock:

Hang in there MJ! Donovan is really doing good - I'm really impressed and hoping for the best for you both!
    Just keep the kibble away! lol

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Let's see how this dose is going after the PM cycle today. Hopefully, someone will be by to help you decide whether the decrease is holding.

5. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I hope Donovan holds this DNZ (damn near zero) dose. As Sienne said, first see what the PMPS turns out to be.
    Yesterday was all blue. Last green was Jan 6, Wednesday. Not that long ago. He may surprise you, as he has been know to do. :D

6. MJ+Donovan

1/8 Donovan Lev PMPS == 132 -- ADVICE pls

AM +9 = 167
    PMPS = 132; gave DNZ Lev ****

**** OK, here's the thing.... tonight after PMPS, curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to see what Damn Near Zero looked like. Well.... it seriously is nothing. NOTHING came out of that needle, no matter how hard I squeezed. I did it several times. Nada. So that means Donovan has really been getting ZERO since AM on 1/6/10.

So now what?

7. Ronnie & Luna

Re: 1/8 Donovan Lev AMPS == 140 >ADVICE PLS

Did u practice before hand to see what it looked like? Pretty sure u said u had,,,I know what u mean, it looks like nothin, but it's in there, should look just like a small drop of morning dew.

Let's see what others say.

8. MJ+Donovan

Dunno, maybe my syringe barrel doesn't have the bounce-back that other brands do. Nothing went in, and nothing came out, and I know I didn't squish as hard as I did into Donovan as I did when I was trying to see Damn Near Zero come out.

9. Ronnie & Luna

when u load the syringe and push out the excess - as u get to the tip - u slow down how much u dump - are u pushing the plunger? Or rotating it left to right very slowly ? Like a gentle nudge left, right, left, right

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Well, the DNZ dose wasn't a success, it was just a damn zero for real. Ok, try again with figuring out how to get a drop into Donovan. The squishing thing didn't work. Maybe try the measuring a certain amount... maybe .5u and twisting the plunger and counting the drops until empty. Then twist out one less than that for the shot. I heard others use this method and it works. That's all I got. Good luck! (I used a magnifying glass when I was dosing the 0.1u.)

11. MJ+Donovan

Yep, clearly I'm gonna have to play with the syringe for a bit to figure this out.
    Starting tomorrow, since he got a Real Zero tonight :roll:

Ronnie, it really literally was air saturated with Levemir fumes. Nothing came out.

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

lol, Donovan tried to get the last word on the dose!

I agree with Carolyn that the nothing dose wasn't really working. Can you do some experimenting with an old syringe to find a teeny dose that you can measure consistently (and actually contains some insulin!). I practiced squeezing drops onto a piece of waxed paper until I could measure them consistently. And I bought strong reading glasses!

13. MJ+Donovan

heyyyy, maybe the U40s will work better for Damn Near Zero. I still have a buttload of unused ones from when he started on Vetsulin.

14. MJ+Donovan

Re: 1/8 Donovan Lev PMPS == 132

PM +3 = 117
    not too bad for an imaginary injection, eh?

15. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Maybe he can just sniff the Lantus :lol:

16. Ronnie & Luna

it's the new dose the "sniff dose" :lol: They need to add it to the Protocol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.