1/8 Gordy, AMPS 231/247; PMPS 379

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

Gordy had a weird day yesterday... furshot in AM and early shot in PM (friend had to do it due to storm...)

Now he is at 247! (Which is good!)

ETA I gave him the normal 1.5U. Has anyone ever experienced skipping a shot giving lower BG? This is the second time I have directly noticed it with him..

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. CassAndGordy(GA)

I am home all day for monitoring. I was actually going to do the curve today.

3. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Shooting early by an hour can act as a slight dosecrease, some cats are more sensitive to this than others, perhaps that's responsible for the lower PS.

Have you shot at your regular time today?

4. CassAndGordy(GA)

Interesting... I did, I gave him the normal dose at 6:15am (est).

I am going back to sleep for a bit while the insulin starts it thing. I'll check on him in an hour or so.

5. Gill & George

In the same way that shooting early can act as a dosecrease, shooting late, like this morning (it's 13hrs since his last shot) can be like a slight reduction on the following cycle.

Good luck with curve day.

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

His +2 was 280.

I think he will have a good cycle.

(More sleep for me... this poor bean has like, 4 hours.)

7. CassAndGordy(GA)

+4 374

Odd. He hadnt eaten anything since the +2, but I guess I should expect odd.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

Gordy had a pretty straight line today, that is after the +4. I cannot say I am happy with it.

I asked my friend when she administered the shot and she said his back thigh, like I had originally shown her. I used to have longer needles and the thigh and the scruff were the only places I could shoot without Gord freaking out. Since getting the shorter ones, I have been doing them in his abodomen (as I saw on a diagram here). I wonder if there is a correlation? Maybe he isnt absorbing it well where I was shooting?

Either way, i still think he is due for the dose increase tomorrow.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  9. Gill & George

It does look like he is due for a dosecrease.

Are you still using the insulin from the compounding pharmacy??
    Or have you switched to the one you were going to purchase from Canada?

10. CassAndGordy(GA)

I am still using the compounding one, but I sent my prescription to Marks yesterday. They are 3 hours behind me, so I hope I hear from them today.

Gill & George likes this.
  11. Gill & George

When you eventually make the switch, just do it when you are able to watch him closely.
    It's probably me just being over cautious, but as far as I understand there have been issues in the past with compounded lantus, so you may see a significant difference when you come to make the switch.

At the moment though I think you would be right to take the dose up by 0.25

And just one other reminder keep checking for ketones whilst his numbers are running high.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. CassAndGordy(GA)

I didn't think of that when switching.... I'm hoping there is no difference when I switch (otherwise I paid a lot for crap!) but I'll definitely monitor him closer when I do. :)

I've been trying to get the ketones, but he has been peeing less frequently (since pees a lot at once, but less times... so that's improvement I guess) and is playing cloy with me. I'll see if I can get him tonight.

I did the 1.75 this morning, so I'm definitely curious how it'll effect him.

13. Gill & George

Hopefully they're will be no difference, but just thought you should have the heads up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.