1/8 Latte AMPS- 207, PMPS- 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

yesterday
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1609
    *highlight- pmps +6ish- 107 (pred cycle) :mrgreen:

amps- 207
    +1.5- 202
    +2.0- 173
    +10- 164
    pmps- 176

Latte's tummy must have been pretty unsettled the last 24hrs...fartin', burpin', gurglin'...stinky girl, i tell ya! Thought I heard her vomiting in the middle of the night, but when I looked for her after the sound, she was peacefully sleeping. I think I might have dreamt it. She only ate 1/2 can food this a.m.- and that was very time consuming and stressful for me to get her to do and out the door for work. No food overnight or while I was gone at work. She has been snacking since +10. I dont care if her pmps #'s are off because of it...she needed to eat.

She is in good spirits, however. So very soft, bright, and talkative.

Im still trying to figure out what to do with her shot time on Monday. We have blood draw at 4pm, with the strong possibility of having to sit around until she is ready to produce urine if her bladder is empty when we get there. Most likely we will end up in rush hr traffic at 6pm shot time. My only real alternative, unless we get out early, is to hang out at the vet until 6pm and shoot on what might be a very empty stomach. I could try to pill the pred or ask them to do it for me, which might help offset the lack of food. The likelihood of her eating anything (even treats) at the vet is a .0000000000000002% chance. Feeding before we go is not much of an option as I will be super rushed coming from work, swooping her up into her carrier, and driving away to hopefully make the appt on time.

Hope everyone has something fun planned for the weekend (other than poking your cats, that is! :lol: )

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

First, when are you going to get Latte's picture up?

How long is the trip home in rush hour traffic and how off schedule will the shot be? This may sound dumb, but could you pull over and shoot her in the car? Aside from Latte's food issues, you don't really have to feed immediately with Lantus. You do have a window within to get food on board. Worst case scenario is that you skip the shot but Latte has been doing so well, I'd hate to see that.

3. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Those are some nice numbers for Latte.. :D
    Glad that she is feeling well today too!
    Sienne is right.. from what I remember you have a 1-2 hour window with Lantus..
    Can you test and shoot at the vets.. and then feed in car.. maybe? Pepper won't eat at the vets, but he will eat in his carrier in the car..
    Let's see what others say??

Hope you have a nice weekend too!

4. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Before I say anything else.... I worry about you... You were dreaming about kitty vomiting? Now that is just weird! :eek:

On the other hand, those are some really nice numbers for the Latte! Very cool.

5. carolynandlatte

+3- 208 (or there abouts)
    +5- 145

Im really impressed with her last two nights. I would LOVE to stay up and see how far this goes, but I really need to get some sleep. Maybe tomorrow night she will do this again and I can stay up until +7ish.

She is eating really well tonight, thankfully....both kibble and wet.

I think if it looks like I will get stuck in rush hour during shot time, I will ask them if I can hang out and test/shoot there. Im not seeing a vet on Monday, just a blood draw. So, they may make me do it in the waiting room. Ack! Ya, we will get some real accurate numbers there. :roll: I'll make it work one way or another. Maybe I can give them a call Monday a.m. and explain. I cant really negotiate time because of work the next morning.

Sienne- I will try to get her picture up soon. A few folks have sent me her old picture, but I think I have to recode it in a way that I have not spent time trying to figure out. Soon!

6. carolynandlatte

No doubt! Too many years of hearing it. I think it may have been a combination of where her numbers ended up last night at bed, on the verge vomiting behavior, and knowing I had to work in the a.m.

Or, could it have been my defense sleep mechanism due to her vomiting ON me the other a.m.?!?!?! :lol:

Okay - Im going to bed. I promised myself some sleep!

Night!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.