1/8 Logan AMPS 326

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kelly & Logan, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly & Logan

Kelly & Logan Well-Known Member

Yesterday:
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1655

We got through our first night and first morning. We've done two tube feedings now. Logan seemed to be in pain last night after his feeding - once the meds kicked in, he even purred for me. That was great to hear. This morning, we gave him his pain meds when we gave him the anti-nausea. He did better with this morning's feeding. He ate a few bites on his own, as well. After the feeding, he enjoyed a couple spoonfuls of baby food with his shot.

He had a pretty good night. He and DH2B slept on the living room floor. Logan slept pretty well. He got up around 4 am to do some preening and then again at 5 to use the LB. He's peed several times since coming home, but no poops yet.

I'll go home at lunchtime to help DH2B feed him. He gets fed four times today - 35 ml each - and then we go to 3 times a day. We increase the amount at each feeding each day until we get to his ideal calorie intake, which is 340!! He's a big boy and needs a lot of calories. I hope his liver recovers from this - it was yellow when they did the surgery. :(

I will keep you posted. And Carolyn, I'm going to try to join the yahoo group sometime today when I get a break at TBP. Thanks.

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Good Morning Kelly: Glad Logan seems a little better. Hope you have an easier time tube feeding today. You are doing great. Hope Logan continues to try and eat something on his own. Snowflakes, Reiki and healing vines on their way.

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Sending vines for continued improvement for Logan.

4. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

What a great report...thank you for sharing that all with us..
    How wonderful that DH2B slept on the living room floor with Logan his first night home!!! So sweet and wonderful!
    And he used the litter box and ate too....I bet you are so happy to have him home with you.
    You and DH are doing such a great job....and we are thinking about you all so much! :YMHUG:

5. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kelly
    Glad to hear Logan had a good night and DH2B is so hands on.
    So great to have support at home.
    Hope all goes well with his healing and feeding tube.

Max had a feeding tube when he was 2 for about a month due to hepatic lipodosis. I know how difficult it can be but
    I know you guys will succeed.
    Sending lots of healing vines your way.

6. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you for stopping by today...I read your post to shadow and he loved it....but...
    What is this "out" you speak of? "We don't Get OUT" you said...where is this land of "Out"? You have been there?
    And is it wonderful? :roll:
    I think I would like to see this place....yes....to go to Out might be very nice indeed.......
    How do you get there from here???? :lol:

7. Kelly & Logan

It's been so long since we made it "out" that I can't even recall where it is!

Logan had is 2nd meal today. He did ok with the tube feeding. He'll be getting more pain meds in about an hour - DH2B will be on his own for those. Logan purred a little when I loved on him, but after the food, I think he was feeling some pain. He didn't have any interest in the food.

8. Kelly & Logan

Re: 1/8 Logan PMPS 316

Logan ate a little bit of FF on his own - maybe 1/8 of a can. He then got his 35 ml of A/D that they have him on - through the tube, of course. He hasn't moved all day, really. He's just laying on his comforter behind the couch. He's not due for pain meds for another three hours but seems to be a bit uncomfortable. Poor guy...no purrs for mommy tonight. Maybe later after pain meds. We have to clean around the base of the tube and his incision. NOT looking forward to that - will definitely wait for the meds to kick in.

I'm really hoping he improves over the weekend! I hate seeing him suffer in anyway. I wish I could take it all away!

ETA: He showed trace ketones this evening when he finally peed - 13 hours since his am pee! I'll push some extra water through his tube this evening to help flush them out. Anyone have any idea how much I should push and how often? He drank a little water on his own this morning but I don't think he's had any since. He gets 6 ml after each medication/feeding so he's had about 48 ml in total today...think that's right.

9. Kelly & Logan

Re: 1/8 Logan PMPS 316

Just gave Logan his pain meds. I decided to see if he wanted some food - he ate 1/2 can of FF on his own. He seems hungry, but I don't want to overdo it. He'll get another 35 ml of the A/D in two hours. We got some purrs a little while ago and he came into the kitchen when he heard me open the FF can. Now, he's back on homebase - the comforter behind the couch. Once the meds kick in, we will try to clean around the base of the tube. Something tells me he's not going to like that.

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Logan wanted to eat a little on his own. I'm sending you lots of good luck for when you clean around the base of the feeding tube. (((Kelly))) I bet the pain meds will help mitigate any discomfort. I'm sure he's happy to be home with you.. and behind the couch.

p.s. May the fourth be with you? That made me laugh like a 5 year-old. Hee, hee!! Loved it!

11. Kelly & Logan

I did, too, the first time I heard that...and it still makes me laugh. :lol:

I think he is very happy to be home...until we torture him! We got it cleaned. He was pretty good about it, but it was very clear it was not a pleasant experience for him. Feeding him in a little over an hour and then bedtime!

12. Nancy & Bee

Nancy & Bee Member

Hi Kelly!

Glad to see Logan is making progress. :mrgreen: Yay...having an interest in food is always a good sign!!
    Even if you have to do some things that are a little uncomfortable for him, I'm sure he'd rather have you do it than someone he doesn't know & trust. Home is a healing place!

How are you holding up?? :YMHUG:

13. pjstroop

pjstroop Member

Hi Kelly!
    So glad to hear that Logan is improving.. Just being with you and DH2B probably makes all the difference in the world in his recovery.. Yay for eating on his own!

Feel better soon Logan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.