1/8 Mim PMPS 304

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Andrew and Mim, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1526

Mim is certainly happier without Tiba......much more relaxed as I think he was constantly "on-alert" just waiting to be attacked by a marauding kitten! He's been looking for cuddles again and purring quite a lot! Bitter-sweet for me.

2. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Mim AMPS 284

Hope he recovers from his foot injury and returns to his nice numbers. Where is Tiba? I must have missed something.

3. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Re: 1/8 Tiba

Tiba had an echo-cardiogram on wednesday which detected a heart-defect as the cause of his murmur - the prognosis was not good and I returned him to the breeder.

4. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Mim AMPS 284

I'm so sorry Andrew. I know how attached we get to them. Sometimes Exotics are tough. My Bengal has IBD which is not easy to deal with particularly since he does not tolerate Pred. Hope Mim returns to his normal self soon.

5. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Re: 1/8 Mim AMPS 284, +3~292

He's going the wrong way!

How do I include the spot-checks in my initial post heading without just editing it? If I just edit, it doesn't seem to move up the list.

6. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Re: 1/8 Mim AMPS 284, +3~292, +6~295

bump

7. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

BUMP

Andrew thread in health:

>>I've just realized I wrongly assumed one tablet=100mg. It is actually 1000mg meaning I've been adding way too much of this. I wasn't going full-strength, only half, but it still means 5 times the amount intended.

Have I done Mim any harm? Is this likely to be why his numbers have gone so high? What do I do now?<<

how is Mim feeling? I havent got an answer for u but is there any odd behaviour u can see? is he eating ok?

9. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Mim too much vitamin B

Bs are water soluble, meaning that they don't 'store' in the body. B is one of the 'conductors' of muslce/nerve impulses, so he may have some twitches, and in a horrible case (which I don't think this is, to be honest) you'll see him cramping up a little bit, a bit "hyperalert", and maybe a bit more energy than normal.

Just for reference, the vitamins you really have to be careful of are the fat solubles - A, D, E, K. Those store in the liver (an amazing organ), and can create a toxicity issue; but B doesn't; just gets pee'd out over time (one of the reasons when we take vitamins, our urine is a bit more brightly colored...the B's are being excreted). He may show more energy, though...B tends to be used in humans for anemia, and "for energy"...but unless you've been ODing him for months, I don't think you've got too much to be concerned with.

Hope that helps...Mims should be fine. I'd get another vitamin strength, though. I can't figure out how you'd be able to split one 10 ways evenly. LOL.

Best-
    Michele

10. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Thanks, I'm relieved....I can't say I've seen any indications, just higher than usual BG.

11. Michele and Esse

you know what, Andrew, I wouldn't worry about it then, if you're not seeing any indication of a problem. I would, however, not give any for say, tomorrow, just to let everything clear out. 'Course, that's just me, and you know Mims and his needs far better than I do; and it is a water sol, so do what you think is best...if you're not seeing anything unusual, I think you two will be just fine.

Best-
    Michele

12. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Do you think this would have contributed to higher BG?

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Take a look at the ingredients in all of the supplements you are adding to Mim's food. Some supplements will use sugar, glycerine, flour, or some other agent to bind the active ingredient. While it may be a small amount, there may be something in what you're adding to the raw food that is effecting Mim's numbers.

14. Michele and Esse

It could, as the body would need more sugar for energy, and the liver would try to oblige if the food didn't do what the body needed. But since vit Bs are routinely rx'd for diabetes patients, I don't think it would make that much of a difference. I think perhaps it's more likely a confluence of events; the kitten gone back (different, even if "nice"), higher than needed vit B, more 'energy' requirements, and just normal flucutations may be the reason for the elevation, not one particular thing.

Mims doesn't have any kidney issues, right? If not, I am just thinking it's going to take a little while to clear out from his system...if so, it might take some extra water in his food to get the fluids needed to flush things out. But I think all's well...

Just noticed Mims has had some pain recently, and tramadol has been used? If so, I'd say that pain will almost automatically up the BG numbers, as the body tries to deal with it. In some instances, pain will actually trigger the adrenocortex response, the "fight/flight" instinct, because the body percieves something 'outside' it hurting it's integrity, and the body amps up for a fight or for a flight.

Also, if he's had loose poop, his sugar balance may be out of whack when he has the loose poop (same mechanism as with vomiting), and if he's not having that right now, this might be a bit more "normal" for him. I noticed that most of his low greens come with the notation l/poo, so I'm thinking that might be a correlational point. But you know him best...

Best-
    Michele

15. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

16. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

Thank-you, I'll check it out!

17. Andrew and Mim

Andrew and Mim Member

?Time for an increase?

18. Cassandra and Sasha

Cassandra and Sasha Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Mim AMPS 284, +3~292, +6~295

I would increase to 0.75u if it were Sasha, following Tilly guidelines. Just keep getting spot checks like you are. Hopefully it will being you back some greens. :smile:

Anything in your supplements that you found suspect? I've found glycerin quite a bit here in the supps in the US - and that skyrockets Sasha.

19. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Hey Andrew

How is Mim doing? Are u sleeping? lol
    I'm sorry to hear about Tiba, and I hope you and Min will be ok.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.