1/8 mocha pmps 380 +3 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

http://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1599

WCR: seemed pretty excited this morning, not sure why. There's a ton of snow outside. Is eating breakfast now with twix.

There won't be any drastic food changes today, just some small ones, and I'll try to remember to put that on the SS as well.

Mocha hit the greens on this dose a few days ago, but not since. I just want to make sure someone will let us know when/if we should take mocha back up. We certainly don't want to lose out on any more blues/greens but her numbers are starting to creep up and stay up again.

2. Lynn and Angel

Lynn and Angel Member

Re: 1/8 mocha amps 381

You are not alone. Angel's responding pretty much he same way. High yellow/pink for about 3 days then bam - down to green and straight back up. I had thought he was getting better at LTS but apparently not. Mocha and he are really about the same place even though their doses are different. So frustrating. I've been reading what folks have been telling you about food but not being home during the day I have far less control when he's eating. Good Luck and if you learn any new secrets to help our kitties graduate, please share.

3. PeterDevonMocha

it is very frustrating. But peter constantly reminds me, we are doing what we can and I guess that is true. I just wish she would level out. If I come across some miracle food schedule :lol: I will let you in on it, trust me!

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Oh Mocha! A little less pink, please!

I have a question for you... When Mocha is in the 50s, it looks like you feed MC. Why not give LC to keep Mocha surfing? My thinking is that the more time Mocha spends in lower numbers, the more she will get used to those numbers as "normal." If you bump her up with MC, it may not be serving the same purpose. I know you've fed MC when you've had to leave the house so it may be it's those times I'm seeing you your SS.

Funny - I thought you were in NY not MI. You have our snow from yesterday. It snowed here for about 30+ hours. (Amazingly, the city streets are completely clear today.)

5. PeterDevonMocha

we have fed mocha MC in the past when she's in the 50, 60's and even 70's because we were told that might help her "surf" but it seems once mocha has decided to drop, she drops like a rock and even MC won't slow her down. Then we have to bring out the HC. We try not to feed her MC when she is so close to nadir, if it is around +5 or +5.5, we still try to feed her the LC. Sometimes she still drops, sometimes she doesnt. I wish she would learn! I do understand what you are saying though, about letting her get used to the lower numbers. I know its all trial and error, it's just frustrating.

Yes, I'm from MI, peter however was born and raised in western NY, perhaps I mentioned that before? It snowed here all night and right now as well, plus we are getting some wind. I haven't ventured out today as peter took the 4WD to work.

6. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 1/8 mocha amps 381 +4 244 +8 201

well mocha slept half the afternoon away and I didn't get any spot checks on her, but I would imagine at some point between her +4 and +8 she went blue. Probably not low blue, but still blue. I tried to write in on her SS her numbers and that she snacked, but it wouldn't change any color after that? So I wrote it in my notes. Anyways, she just ate at +8 and I gave her a 1/2 can, which she ate about a 1/4 of (which is what she normally would eat) but now I won't feed her again till her PMPS time. I hope we can both last that long!

7. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 1/8 mocha pmps 380, dosing advice please

Well mocha isn't doing so hot at this solid 3.0u. Was wondering when you all think we should move mocha back up?

8. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 mocha pmps 380, dosing advice please

don't know about the dose question, but I hope u see some nice yellow soon :D

9. PeterDevonMocha

well this is a nice drop. We plan on grabbing a +5 since she dropped so much in a few hours.

10. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I'll be interested to see the +5, that's a pretty impressive drop. Maybe she'll have a nice AMPS...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.