1/8 Shadoe amps 522, pmps 346

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Not the best start to the day, cycle 2 on 5u. This NDW?

Shadoe was ravenous this morning and gobbled down her chicken cubes she gets before her amps and Booboo scooted over to get her dry uncovered. Shadoe did seem a little quiet and going to the test chair before time. She knows, I swear she knows and connects everything to how she is feeling.

Anyways, she is visibly more relaxed now; I am going to test to get a +1, just to see when I go out the door for work. I am going to try something new today too - I am going to leave a dish of Shadoe's wet beside Booboo's covered dry. Who knows? Maybe she will take it as a hint that she can eat if she is really hungry.

I will be home to get maybe a +9.5 or 10, so if she pulls the same trick as last nite, maybe a sneaky low then zoom up again, I'll catch the zoom end of her game.

If her +1 is a non event, I'll just update her ss and head to work.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Shadoe +11 518 amps 522

NDW huh? yikers Shadoe! I'm not sure about it, others will have better idea I hope!

Come on down Shadoe - its friday!

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Maybe she got too comfy with 4.75u and her comfy pinks.
    I'll test at 8am then head to work.

4. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Shadoe +11 518 amps 522 +1 506

Shadoe's +1 is going in the right direction, so I am leaving for work.

5. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Yikes is right!

Golly, who would imagine I would be sending Shadoe pinkus thoughts...but I am.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Odds are highly in favor of this being NDW. Unfortunately, all you can do is wait it out and it is usually short lived. I hope it's very short lived.

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Shadoe +11 518 amps 522, +10 355

She seems OK right about now. Her +9.5 was back down to her familiar and comfy pinks at 355.
    I did check the auto feeder and she ate next to nothing today; there is food in all sections.
    #1 only some of the chicken cubes on top eaten
    #2 chicken cubes and a bit of the seafood dinner eate e
    #3 chicken cubes, a bit of seafood and some of the wellness core eaten
    #4 almost nothing, but she is usually sleeping in the late afternoon.
    #5 set to turn at 645pm, just before her pmps.

That's what I love about the autofeeder; I can see what she ate and when during the day with my being away. From the above, it looks to me like as her numbers lowered, she got a bit more hungry. When I got home tonite, I did give here some chicken chunks which she ate, but it does not look like her appetite is all back yet. I'll give her a flavor tonite that I know she likes and see how it goes.

Right now, she is nodding off in the test chair. At 645pm her eyes will pop open when the feeder turns, I'll get her ps number, then let her eat and her shot will be at 7pm. All back to normal for now.

If I had to, I would be able to stay home from work, so if she had not tested a bit lower, I may have waited another hour to test again.

Now that it's the weekend, I'll be around more to test more and hopefully she will settle into this new dose a bit by Monday.

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I hope her appetite picks up for you. She likes her chicken chunks, doesn't she?

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Linda, I have found that Shadoe will consistently eat bits of chicken unless she is really feeling sick. It's my Shadoe thermometer.

You can get skinless, boneless chicken breasts or legs or other parts, then just steam them. I dice the chicken into teeny pieces and then use the bits almost like srpinkles on top of her food servings or as tiny treats when she is complaining about that 2hr wait before a shot. I bet you could use bags of chicken that you can cook up to make broth, then skim the fat off, toss the skin and the bones, then chop the chicken for kitties.

Good protein and no carbs.

I know it can be just a supplement because there are not all the vitamins and minerals that she needs, but for a snack, Shadoe says chicken's the best!

10. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

11. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Alrighty, another 5u down - cycle 3, so let's see if we can have a smoother evening and continued smoothness into the night and the morning.

Shadoe seems to be calmer now and is loosely curled up in the chair, napping after her shot and having eaten with vigor a few tbsp of food.

I am thinking I'll get a +2, then maybe nap and get some numbers from the times I missed last night when I foolishly went to bed and expected the yellows to continue till morn. If I do get a decent drop at +2, I may get a some earlier numbers. Ugh, who knows; I'll get some numbers and post them.

Recap for Jan08/10
    +11 6am - 518
    amps 7am - 522
    +1 8am - 506
    +9.5 430pm - 355
    pmps 7pm - 346

12. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

hmmm. this could be interesting tonight, will be watching :shock:

13. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

Six likes his chicken chunks too! Thanks for the idea Gayle...started that this week. Glad to see those numbers in pink for the PMPS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.