1/8 Tigger PMPS/346 +4/330 +8/376 - v. itchy trigger finger

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tigger's Friend, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigger's Friend

Tigger's Friend Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon, LL!!!
    Tigger's 1/6
    It's been a busy time here, sorry for no posting.

Tigger ended up not getting a dosecrease - Marje's good vibes came true - he went to 85 that night, so we held the dose to see what else it might bring. Tuned out to be blah pinks & yellows & even - ugh! RED! :?: I'm thinking of dosecreasing 1/8u tonight (after 3 cycles since the green cycle) instead of waiting till Thursday AM. What do you think, LL? I also opened a new pen this AM, just to make sure it wan't an old pen issue. No change.

In spite of it all, Tigger was very active early this AM - climbing a tree outside the back door, then jumping down, racing around, till he finally ran full throttle into a bush when Persephone, the wild turkey, jumped out & scared him! :lol: Also he ate grass & vomited it up (I think fr. the shot delay) & had a little soft poo at the end of his normal poo this AM - just enough to lose the last bit of his fluffy tail :oops:

:?: I'm trying to get a better handle on the depot. When a dose is reduced, the depot drains - but, does it eventually start re-filling again at some point, or does it start re-filling only if the dose is excessive? I'm just wondering since Tigger's had so many reductions recently, he's finally going lower after some having a number of days where it was difficult (for Tigger) to keep him up. Is it because his depot's low, or his dose is too low or his shot delays - or "D" - all the above or some combination of the above??? :lol: :roll: ohmygod_smile :?

Thanks for all your help! I hope everyone else is having a good, day, & send out healing & comfort vines to all in need!

2. Rachel & Chyna (GA)

Rachel & Chyna (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 1/8 Tigger AMPS/427 +2/318 Dose & Depot Question

Well, I'm no good on your dosing or depot questions, but I can say I sympathize on the red today! We had that too :cry: I'm glad Tigger had a nice running session...too bad about the turkey scare and vomit, and loss of fluff! I hope your Wednesday is going good :D

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/8 Tigger AMPS/427 +2/318 +7/361 Dose & Depot Question

I would not increase Tigger's dose. This is a bounce. It can take roughly 72 hours for a bounce to clear so increasing after 3 cycles is way too aggressive. (This is where Marje tells you to put on your patience pants!)

Think of the depot as a reserve tank that keeps pace with your dose. When you increase a dose, a small amount of the injected insulin goes to get the depot to fill up to a levels that reflects the current dose. When you reduce the dose, a small amount needs to be "bled off" in order for the depot to reflect the reduced dose. This is why it takes roughly 6 cycles for a new dose to stabilize. Does that help to clarify what goes on with the depot?

4. Tigger's Friend

Hi Sienna, yes, I think that makes sense - the depot increases or decreases to reflect the amount of the dose. I thought a little was added to the depot with each shot on an increase, & that's how a depot got 'over-full'. I think you're also saying that the depot reflects the amount of the dose.

For Tigger, this is the 8th cycle on the reduced dose. So, the depot has had a chance to stabilize. I thought there was no time limit on holding a failed reduction IF the CG is sure the bounce has cleared. Since this is only the 3rd cycle since he went green, I'm not sure, but Tigger's was clearing within 2 cycles prior to this. I don't want to be too aggressive, I just don't want to hold Tigger to a failed reduced dose when I should be increasing, so I will continue to hold the dose unless my explanation makes you think otherwise. Hope that makes sense! Patience Pants - ugh! :cry:

:?: Do you feel the 15-min. delay each day for the last 3 days would also make any difference?

Thanks for your time, Sienna!

Thanks also for visiting, Rachel - sorry you're seeing red today, too! :YMSIGH: Hope tomorrow sees Chyna much improved!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

At least for me, the hardest thing to distinguish is between a bounce vs. a failed reduction. The difficulty is that if you think it's a failed reduction and it's not, increasing could cause a lot of momentum with descending numbers when the bounce clears.

I would not want to hold a failed reduction overly long. The longer you hold a dose that's not working, the greater the opportunity for glucose toxicity to develop.

I also wouldn't assume that bounces will always clear quickly. It helps to remember that these are cats. As soon as we think we've got things figured out, they change things and we're confused once again. It's their job.

I don't think 15 min. will make any difference.

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Time for the patience pants. The 15 minutes shouldn't have much effect, but they are cats and each one is different.

7. Tigger's Friend

Thanks Sienne & Ann, Message received. Reluctantly, but its a good message. Definitely DON'T WANT to increase when coming off a bounce. nailbite_smile

OOps - I spelled your name wrong last time, Sienne, SORRY! ohmygod_smile :oops:

I am going to learn telepathy, that will make this kitty guesswork much easier.

Will also need spandex. My patience pants shrunk :YMSIGH:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Re: 1/8 Tigger PMPS/346

Tigger - time to give your bean a break and trounce this bounce!

Suzanne, here is the model recommended for patience pants - plenty stretchy. :lol:
    [​IMG]

9. Tigger's Friend

Re: 1/8 Tigger PMPS/346 +8/376 ugh!

Verrrry nice, Wendy - much better color, too! :lol: :lol:

+8/376 - Sure do want to dosecrease this AM. :YMSIGH: I'm pulling them on now & wearing them to bed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.